Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My first short film.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is a "novel idea" or plot a "creator" can come up with, these days in our society?

One could go to "star wars" or "harry potter" or "lord of the rings" or "spiderman". Usually such ideas can be NICELY EXECUTED without any "forbidden love" or trying to bring reality to typical men's "sexual fantasy world".

Such thoughts hardly come out from easterners. What else they can really do to bring a "novel plot"?

Bring out men's "fantasy sexual world" as if it happens for real. Yeah, that's a new plot, new idea! new only to the "real world". But it is always existed in a fantasy world. Is this plot not one of such "itchy thoughts" of mens' fantasy world? yes it is. But today our "IT world folks" is stepping towards to see such fantasy world to become real. So, such ideas can be sold for sure! But it will not reach the general audience unless there is some serious message in it besides the fantasy. Do anybody see any such "worthy message" here?

One can simply answer, YES or NO!

If you answer yes, "please SHOW ME" that would be my next question!
    This is a very big world!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!

Human relationships and emotions are the manifestation of Miracle in this world. "Ethics" is the Keyword, not morals.

The climax reinforces "ethics".

The content pisses off Moral high horses!
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber geno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    M.K. Narayanan, Sivasankara Menon, A.K.Antony, Satish Nambiar, Vijay Nambiar, Nirupama Menon Rao....

இந்திய தேசியம், இந்திய நீதி, இந்திய தருமம்:
    இலட்சம் தமிழன் செத்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை. ஒரே ஒரு <டிங்க்> மனசும் கூடப் புண்பட்டுவிடக்கூடாது!

டகால்ட்டி திராவிடன் கருணாநிதியின் கையால் சாவதைக் காட்டிலும் ஒரிஜினல் <டிங்> ஜெ.வின் கையால் அழிவது மேல்!

"The Recrudescence of Thamizh ethnicism is deadlier than Ebola Virus - declares Dr. Varna Ratna, announcing the path-breaking discovery.."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    YES!

Human relationships and emotions are the manifestation of Miracle in this world. "Ethics" is the Keyword, not morals.

The climax reinforces "ethics".

The content pisses off Moral high horses!
    If "YES" is the answer here, WHAT is the "serious message" told here in this short-film other than cowardly man who does not want any commitment but mere sex, loves to have "one night stand" with any unknown woman!

I have morals and I am sure everyone knows what are "good ethics".Forming sentences using "morals" and "ethics" DO NOT CONVEY "any message" here, unfortunately!

I dont want to pretend like I understood the "untold message" here!
    Last edited by thamiz; 4th February 2014 at 11:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted with warning-

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    geno,

Thanks very much for your positive feedback. feels good!

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    Ilango!

awesome for a first effort!

It was warm, honest, straight from the heart and strung some notes!

Thats all is needed! 'Craft' will come; 'Soul' is the more immediate requirement and your work has it.

Loved the BGM, esp. the Raja's "vizhiyile"....that woman was beautiful and she did not look naughty at the guy at all! that was Perfect!

I can think of Mr & Mrs. Iyer and George clooney's "Up in the air" - in the sense that one is reminded of those films but definitely your work is Native and it speaks from the heart!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Chappani View Post
    Nice Movie Elango, liked it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the feedback!

in the climax, the fact that she was already married was a real shock for Karthik. he could have lashed out at her. I wanted to end it by showing that he had no hard feelings, that he understood her perfectly and was willing to move on. doing it any other way would have diluted that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Mr. Elango.. Very good attempt. I could not believe this was your very first attempt. Excellent making shown there. The dark background in those car travel scenes added more beauty to their budding relation and the way Raja enters into that was a sync perfect. Content wise, I liked the plot. Your way of travel with the plot also nice. But given a chance, I would avoid keeping that climax scene insted I would end it with that girl entering into her house where her In-Law opens the door and the script from her at his house revealing her marriage and her kid.

Post Thanks / Like
    thamiz,

a movie does not need to have a message. I was not trying to make a K Bhagyaraj movie..
    but I liked the takeaway from this movie that a woman who strays outside of marriage is not necessarily a bad person.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    If "YES" is the answer here, WHAT is the "serious message" told here in this short-film other than cowardly man who does not want any commitment but mere sex, loves to have "one night stand" with any unknown woman!

I have morals and I am sure everyone knows what are "good ethics".Forming sentences using "morals" and "ethics" DO NOT CONVEY "any message" here, unfortunately!

I dont want to pretend like I understood the "untold message" here!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger2 View Post
    thanks for the feedback!

in the climax, the fact that she was already married was a real shock for Karthik. he could have lashed out at her. I wanted to end it by showing that he had no hard feelings, that he understood her perfectly and was willing to move on. doing it any other way would have diluted that effect.
    I beg to differ. Anyway, let us agree to disagree.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast