Page 316 of 344 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3439

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Moderator Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    <Dig>

இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துகள் கார்த்தி! (Anban)

இது போல் பல சிறந்த பிறந்த நாட்கள் உங்களுக்கு அமையட்டும்!

அன்புடன்

<end dig>

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Murali Srinivas View Post
    <Dig>

இனிய பிறந்த நாள் வாழ்த்துகள் கார்த்தி! (Anban)

இது போல் பல சிறந்த பிறந்த நாட்கள் உங்களுக்கு அமையட்டும்!

அன்புடன்

<end dig>
    +1... Happy B'day Anban!!
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    Sila RK fans ellam numbers (usa, uk) pottutu, flop nu solran. Besides that i heard its doing poor in Andhra/KL.

Frankly, i dont expect big numbers for a KB esque film with Kamal nuances intact.
    Its certainly not a flop in US. Has made $570K so far after the 2nd weekend. I would think that's a hit. Unlikely to touch 750K though .. 2nd weekend collection has somewhat dwindled with about 65k added. Will mostly not get into the 3rd.

Overall domestic as I said earlier, its going to be an above average grosser.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post

A movie is actually 'whatever the viewer wants it to be'. Few people try to be 'perfectionist' stating that what they state is what should be slated. Irrespective to what the makers may have thought (I had been slapped many number of times with that line), I approach a movie as it appraoches me, and I don't care about the insider's informations. Such arguments come into place only when the fans & audience realise "Genre Filmmaking", until then, there is no wrong in expressing whatever you think about the movie. We have a habit of mixing anything & everything, and that's entirely a different topic.

'Your film got 1 million viewers'
    - 'I am glad that it will have 1 million different views'

Thats the end statement of any film maker. .
    Interesting points......but as a film maker (director / story writer) will he /she be really happy if the scene that he / she conceived in a way is taken in an entirely different way? if it has multi layers as some of the kamal / manirathnam movies, may be the creator won't care, but in general, i feel the creator will be frustrated if the view point of a majority about a scene is taken in a different way and that leads to the failure

also, by applying your logic, sometimes even a dumb product could be interpreted as a brilliant one if the interpreter is a genius..... reminds of a scene from Saadhal illaiyel kaadhal (written by CHO) where S.Ve.Shekar recites a so called poem and the college principal puts in all his brain to get a meaning out of it to award him the first prize
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Interesting points......but as a film maker (director / story writer) will he /she be really happy if the scene that he / she conceived in a way is taken in an entirely different way? if it has multi layers as some of the kamal / manirathnam movies, may be the creator won't care, but in general, i feel the creator will be frustrated if the view point of a majority about a scene is taken in a different way and that leads to the failure

also, by applying your logic, sometimes even a dumb product could be interpreted as a brilliant one if the interpreter is a genius..... reminds of a scene from Saadhal illaiyel kaadhal (written by CHO) where S.Ve.Shekar recites a so called poem and the college principal puts in all his brain to get a meaning out of it to award him the first prize
    Just for fun. I just recollect NT and banumathi's interaction in thenali raman's movie.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From one of the comments in the below page

https://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com...er-filmmaking/

One more easter egg I believe no one noticed… Isn’t Yamini a stand-in for Anbe Sivam’s Bala? They were in love, and when he was at his most vulnerable, a girl’s father with an agenda (Nasser there, KV here) and his Man Friday (Santhanabarathi there, and Chokku here) told some lies to make sure they don’t meet again… There the denouement is in the form of a letter from Mr. Sivam, where here it is letters from him to her and vice versa..

Post Thanks / Like
    @mappi
    UV is based on autofiction which is very rare in the world and none in india..
    Kamal films are known for "symbolism"..
    be it "en udhirathin vidhai" word when kamal looks through the window at the daughter-son along with jayaram or
    his shadow in the screen along with villain word when bhaskar reads the letter..there are many
    These are the symbols that not only approaches me but to many people..

If everyone becomes film makers which is not going to happen anyway then who will be the audience..
    Apart from the common things like "Symbolism" that appraoches many people there are few things that affects the individuals which has been shared here to understand how others feel..nothing wrong and thats the beauty of the discussion..Even if the scene is simple or nothing its interpreted in big way when it comes to kamal movies because people believe his movies are beyond entertainmemt and artistically viewed..whereas for all other actors people watch just for entertainment,because of the same reason people expects more from kamal and setting high standards..
    In general we have seen people raising there standards suddenly while watching kamal movies and compare with world cinema thereby criticizing him..for all other movies they will not raise there standards..
    Criticizing is fine but it must be genuine and should not be done intentionally to pull him down..

Post Thanks / Like
    In general we have seen people raising there standards suddenly while watching kamal movies and compare with world cinema thereby criticizing him..for all other movies they will not raise there standards..
    Criticizing is fine but it must be genuine and should not be done intentionally to pull him down.

This happens, particularly when some one is an anti-fan (fan of a rival) or like in kamal's case, some one has a personal dislike for the person...... if you are dont like some one, criticize whatever that comes out of them.......genuine fans should spot such comments coming out of hatred and brush it away..... rather, getting annoyed and indulging in what we say attack is the best form of defense for such petty matters, is like falling into the trap set by those people, exactly what an anti-fan would like to see
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    //digression @ Mappi - your inbox is full, so i was not able to reply
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Can anyone create new thread for KH new film..The new film title changed from "Or Iravu" to other name..(check in twitter for new title.:: )