Page 56 of 344 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good points there Pushpak. It is imperative that every body associated with the movie makes profit. There can be no greater an encouragement for artists than a work of good art being appreciated. And with respect to films, it is through the profit it makes during its run. In that regard, I always find Kamal's recent so called 'commercial' ventures to be double whammies. There is enough fodder in each of his films for people to get intrigued. However a peculiar case is that of Manmandhan Ambu. The film was all fine till it decided to take a detour towards comedy at the end. The film for all you know may have been recieved a lot better had it completely used the audience's investment on the characters or the drama. Not only was Nisha (Trisha) confused at the end, so were the audience. Just hopeful that Uttama Villain doesn't thread this line. But even if it did ,I am sure there would be something for a guy like me to be intrigued at.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

2. Likes mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Siv.S View Post
    WoW..
    This is the problem which also happened during Manmadhan Ambu days.. Initially not much expectation.. But stills escalate the expectations...
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Box office performance dictates your brand and standing amongst producers, financiers, and other commercial machinery. Kamal establishes his top rating here only next to Rajini due to this criteria. Whereas Kamal as a brand among his fans and others (general public) is only due to his experimental and critical ventures. He has been for long trying to strike an effective compromise between the two and is rather rare to hit both the same time. Something worth saying here is that while he goes out to do a commercial flick, a failure as in MMA is sort of a setback because he got neither - a box office performance or a critically acclaimed. Hopefully he tries to avoid such ventures. A reasonable commercial movie with ingredients may be necessary every once a while to make sure everybody is happy ....

Post Thanks / Like
    While exact numbers in crores are in doubt, a movie's success and failure are quite evident. There's some degree of legitimacy with respect to BO reports in US, UK, Malaysia and other countries. We do know Endiran, VR, Thuppakki, Aarambam, Kaththi, Billa etc. have been successful ventures with some in the top draw setting records.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    While exact numbers in crores are in doubt, a movie's success and failure are quite evident. There's some degree of legitimacy with respect to BO reports in US, UK, Malaysia and other countries. We do know Endiran, VR, Thuppakki, Aarambam, Kaththi, Billa etc. have been successful ventures with some in the top draw setting records.
    I hope that skipping Dasavatharam was not deliberate

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    I hope that skipping Dasavatharam was not deliberate
    Absolutely not Pushpak! Dasa is in the top list/BB category .. Its an example of a commercial movie with most ingredients like comedy, action, emotions (first 15 min) etc. to keep many happy. I liked VR more though and happy for its success.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely not Pushpak! Dasa is in the top list/BB category .. Its an example of a commercial movie with most ingredients like comedy, action, emotions (first 15 min) etc. to keep many happy. I liked VR more though and happy for its success.
    Was just kidding. Cool !

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    BO figures matter but in days of internet, unless there is a balance sheet, I sincerely doubt the 100Cs, 200Cs reports.

Recent Dr. Joseph padam claims they made this C that C, but neither director or producer are giving proofs. I can also give tweets like Leengaa made 500C in 10 hours, and fans will retweet. Height of exaggeration. I am expecting repeat performance from AndhraBoxOffice and other "vetti" social media handlers when Leengaa arrives. When Aameer khan's PK releases 2 weeks following it, we can expect even greater naansense numbers from that gumbal.

As long as Kamal & investors are happy with the returns, I call that a success. Else, it is loss.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something worth saying here is that while he goes out to do a commercial flick, a failure as in MMA is sort of a setback because he got neither - a box office performance or a critically acclaimed. Hopefully he tries to avoid such ventures. A reasonable commercial movie with ingredients may be necessary every once a while to make sure everybody is happy ....
    I agree...Manmadhan Ambu clearly his poorest movie quality wise in recent years. Dasavathaaram comes next, but it can be allowed to pass since it raked the moolah.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    I agree...Manmadhan Ambu clearly his poorest movie quality wise in recent years. Dasavathaaram comes next, but it can be allowed to pass since it raked the moolah.
    -1. MMA is a good movie where Sangeetha, Trisha, Madavan and Kamal got noteworthy performances and its a clean family-romatic-fun entertainer. If someone find the last 15/20 minutes of the movie boring, I could understand. Nevertheless, the whole movie execution is very good. Recently I watched it and the first half just completed before you realize it. Such a feel good plot and KH's screen play and dialogues prove once again why he is unique.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...