Page 55 of 344 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"UthamaVillan"|| Directed by Ramesh Aravind

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    he will definitely bother, if the movie made money or not.. i dont think he will be much bothered, if it made more money than a masala movie..
    Nammavar himself repeatedly says that, the happiest he feels is when more people watch the movie.
    But yes, he may not be bothered by "biggest hit ever" tag etc.
    But I am bothered
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    Nammavar himself repeatedly says that, the happiest he feels is when more people watch the movie.
    But yes, he may not be bothered by "biggest hit ever" tag etc.
    But I am bothered
    Nothing wrong with that feeling. That is the minimum ego satisfaction every fan expects. I felt euphoria in 1992 and opposite in 1995 (BO wise, not for content)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmai Vilambi View Post
    Nothing wrong with that feeling. That is the minimum ego satisfaction every fan expects. I felt euphoria in 1992 and opposite in 1995 (BO wise, not for content)
    For me it started by around 1980 and it still continues

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    what do fans expect from Kamal's films in terms of BO success ?

1. should the movie be critically acclaimed as well as successful at the BO ?

2. how does one define BO success ?

3. is that a question of ratio of money invested versus money collected ?

4. if a movie makes money, how much should it make to call it a commercial success ? would it be enough if the movie just breaks even ?

6. Likes mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Senior Hubber nickraman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BO figures matter but in days of internet, unless there is a balance sheet, I sincerely doubt the 100Cs, 200Cs reports.

Recent Dr. Joseph padam claims they made this C that C, but neither director or producer are giving proofs. I can also give tweets like Leengaa made 500C in 10 hours, and fans will retweet. Height of exaggeration. I am expecting repeat performance from AndhraBoxOffice and other "vetti" social media handlers when Leengaa arrives. When Aameer khan's PK releases 2 weeks following it, we can expect even greater naansense numbers from that gumbal.

As long as Kamal & investors are happy with the returns, I call that a success. Else, it is loss.

8. Thanks paranitharan thanked for this post
    Likes avavh3, paranitharan, mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    what do fans expect from Kamal's films in terms of BO success ?

1. should the movie be critically acclaimed as well as successful at the BO ?

4. if a movie makes money, how much should it make to call it a commercial success ? would it be enough if the movie just breaks even ?
    I am sure it will be different from fans to fans.

For me :
    1. No.
    If it is made for commercial purpose, BO success only matters.
    If it is made for “art”, no one should lose money (producer, distributer etc). Lack of huge profits does not matter.
    Recently a great movie was made in Malayalam in around 30 days. It might have cost 2 crores. But made good profits to the producer/distributor along with getting selected for multiple awards/film festivals.
    The key is to make such movies within budget.

Everyone associated with the movie, release and theatres get good profits.

Yes. But we should add the actor’s remuneration (for his/her salary for a commercial movie) to the cost.
    For example, if Linga is done in 3-4 months and Uthama villain takes more than an year, I expect Uthama villain to collect much more than Linga !

4. if a movie makes money, how much should it make to call it a commercial success ? would it be enough if the movie just breaks even ?[/QUOTE]
    I am not an expert. But I think it depends on the star value. If two movies are made with exactly the same cost 80C. If one has Kamal and the other one is some XYZ other than Rajini, I expect Kamal movie to make more profits.

10. Likes avavh3, mappi liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "As long as Kamal & investors are happy with the returns, I call that a success. Else, it is loss. "

Sir, arumaiga soninga
    #UttamaVillain#

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nickraman View Post
    BO figures matter but in days of internet, unless there is a balance sheet, I sincerely doubt the 100Cs, 200Cs reports.

Recent Dr. Joseph padam claims they made this C that C, but neither director or producer are giving proofs. I can also give tweets like Leengaa made 500C in 10 hours, and fans will retweet. Height of exaggeration. I am expecting repeat performance from AndhraBoxOffice and other "vetti" social media handlers when Leengaa arrives. When Aameer khan's PK releases 2 weeks following it, we can expect even greater naansense numbers from that gumbal.

As long as Kamal & investors are happy with the returns, I call that a success. Else, it is loss.
    Amir Khan said the same - "If I say my movie made 300C, without checking the fact, you guys (media) will simply publish it. WHo validates all these figures !"

13. Thanks paranitharan thanked for this post
    Likes paranitharan liked this post
    Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pushpak View Post
    I am sure it will be different from fans to fans.

For me :
    1. No.
    If it is made for commercial purpose, BO success only matters.
    If it is made for “art”, no one should lose money (producer, distributer etc). Lack of huge profits does not matter.
    Recently a great movie was made in Malayalam in around 30 days. It might have cost 2 crores. But made good profits to the producer/distributor along with getting selected for multiple awards/film festivals.
    The key is to make such movies within budget.

Everyone associated with the movie, release and theatres get good profits.

Yes. But we should add the actor’s remuneration (for his/her salary for a commercial movie) to the cost.
    For example, if Linga is done in 3-4 months and Uthama villain takes more than an year, I expect Uthama villain to collect much more than Linga !

I am not an expert. But I think it depends on the star value. If two movies are made with exactly the same cost 80C. If one has Kamal and the other one is some XYZ other than Rajini, I expect Kamal movie to make more profits.
    Good points Pushpak.
    Looks like Lingu & Kamal don't want to compromise on the quality. Probably want to do lot more in CG / Post production than their initial expectation. Would be happy if they can release by Pongal or a week prior to that.
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    Kamal youthful ah ve irunthalum I feel we should have rather commented on a close up shot (surely he would have still appeared younger for his age there) than a long shot where even MGR would have looked youthful

16. Thanks avavh3, mappi thanked for this post
    Likes avavh3 liked this post