Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: || Sattrendru Maarudhu Vaanilai | Gautham Menon | ARR | STR ||

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    இத்தனைக்கும் ரஹ்மானிடம் பாட்டு வாங்க மாதக்கணக்காகும். ராஜாவிடம் சிச்சுவேஷன் சொல்லிவிட்டு டீ குடிக்க சென்று விடலாம். திரும்ப வரும்போது சிடி ரெடியாக இருக்கும்-ajay

LOL!!!
    True. Kamal once mentioned that Rahman does come up with tunes quickly but takes a long time embellishing the final product. The 'slowness' that some people complain about is not because he lacks ideas but it is because he sets himself very high standards and keeps working on the song till he is completely satisfied with the composition. That is one approach while some prefer spontaneity. Raja's spontaneity is known to everyone and a lot of his fans like him for that. As a Rahman fan, I don't mind Rahman taking a long time although it may be frustrating to some directors/producers. But then, these guys should know what to expect when they sign up Rahman. The end product is going to take a while but it is going to be worth it. Bharathiraja solra maadhiri "pulippaal" dhaan.
    Last edited by thozhar; 31st December 2013 at 09:51 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don't care about whether the songs were composed in minutes or months. All I want is they should appeal to me and for the past two decades, only Thalaivar songs have done that.

And being a Rahman fan, I started loving the wait. Before the internet era, I have seen queues outside cassette shops when a Rahman album releases. And that was not in Chennai or Bangalore but a glorified rural area called Nagercoil. Many ARR fans like me (Siv.S, LM1982 to name a few from hub) don't come from a city background. But we love ARR more than any other MD. Wish the kumudham guy had met us before interviewing ARR.

I wonder if this era of digital downloads have taken all the fun.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    I personally don't care about whether the songs were composed in minutes or months. All I want is they should appeal to me and for the past two decades, only Thalaivar songs have done that.

And being a Rahman fan, I started loving the wait. Before the internet era, I have seen queues outside cassette shops when a Rahman album releases. And that was not in Chennai or Bangalore but a glorified rural area called Nagercoil. Many ARR fans like me (Siv.S, LM1982 to name a few from hub) don't come from a city background. But we love ARR more than any other MD. Wish the kumudham guy had met us before interviewing ARR.

I wonder if this era of digital downloads have taken all the fun.
    Me too Ajay, neenga Nagercoila? naanum unga oor pakkam dhaan. I have noticed those queues too and have personally often seen people eagerly checking with the shopkeeper for the release date of a Rahman album. yedho village makkal ellaam Rahmana rasikkadha maadhiri andhu interview brahaspathi oru dhandamana kaelvi kaetturukkaar. Personally, even I wasn't very sure of how well he would do when presented with an opportunity to compose a folk album till "kizhakku cheemayile" was released. But, that was nearly 20 years back. The kumudam interviewer clearly had no clue what he/she was talking about.

I edited my previous post to make the message more clear. Rahman fans really dont care about the long time it takes for Rahman to compose. But, his detractors have for long alleged it as some sort of weakness. I hope they realize that it is simply his working style and it doesn't actually take too long for him to come up with a tune and the arrangement. He chooses to work on it more because he wants every song to be special.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A director who had the privilege to work with ARR said the rough track will undergo plenty of additions over the months and the final output will be in a different plane altogether. The leaked version of Hosanna will give a fair idea on this.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not an IR fan and have nothing against him either, but a friend of mine had posted on FB, pictures of herself at the concert. She said it was good, but would have been better if IR showed up. Any truth to this?
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    I'm not an IR fan and have nothing against him either, but a friend of mine had posted on FB, pictures of herself at the concert. She said it was good, but would have been better if IR showed up. Any truth to this?
    Wrong thread Lance
    Last edited by littlemaster1982; 31st December 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah it is... didnt realize... sorry
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராஜாவிடம் சிச்சுவேஷன் சொல்லிவிட்டு டீ குடிக்க சென்று விடலாம். திரும்ப வரும்போது சிடி ரெடியாக இருக்கும்

ajay, intha linethan make me LOL!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234