Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: || Sattrendru Maarudhu Vaanilai | Gautham Menon | ARR | STR ||

  1. #21
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    When ARR opted out of NEPV, GVM had no other option but to book IR so that the curiosity level for the movie doesn't drop. GVM being a clever businessman, played his cards right till this moment - in spite of the protest from his producer. Unfortunately neither the songs or the film appealed to the masses. Hardcore IR fans lapped up the album but it wasn't the case among the general public. Hence it turned out to be the weakest of all GVM albums.
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...ep-ilaiyaraaja

    To me, NEPV was definitely not in a level of Ajantha or Thandavakone in terms of mass reach. It definitely reached many ears in cities.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     

  3. #22
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkki Anne,

    Agreed to the first line of your post and partially agreeing to the second line. What I meant to say is it was not in the lines of GVM's previous albums in terms of reach. Among all IR albums lately, yes, NEPV stands tall. For a GVM film, that too projected as a musical, the response was way too low.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

    - Bernard Shaw

  4. #23
    Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    ஆலையில்லாத ஊருக்கு இலுப்பைப்பூ சர்க்கரை மாதிரிதான் விஜய் டிவி நாமினேஷனும். அதுலேயும் கும்கிதான் ஜெயித்தது. வருடத்தின் அதிக தரவிறக்கம் செய்யப்பட்ட ஆல்பங்களில் நீ.எ.பொ.வ இல்லை என்பதும் இங்கே கவனிக்கப்படவேண்டிய விஷயம்.

    அவ்வளவு பெரிய ம்யூசிக்கல் ஹிட்டாக இருந்தால், ஏன் கௌதம் ரஹ்மானிடம் திரும்ப வரை வேண்டும்? இத்தனைக்கும் ரஹ்மானிடம் பாட்டு வாங்க மாதக்கணக்காகும். ராஜாவிடம் சிச்சுவேஷன் சொல்லிவிட்டு டீ குடிக்க சென்று விடலாம். திரும்ப வரும்போது சிடி ரெடியாக இருக்கும்.

    ஒரு மின்னலே,வி.தா.வ மாதிரி நீ.எ.பொ.வவை என்னால் ரசிக்க முடிவதில்லை. ஒரு வேளை என் இசை ரசனை அந்த அளவிற்கு மேம்பட்டதாக இல்லாமல் இருக்கலாம். ஏதோ என் சிறுமூளைக்கு தெரிந்ததை சொன்னேன்.
    Actually I can quite relate to your comment because I had to listen to NEPV a few times before the songs really clicked for me. Eventually, I really loved the album but I know that a lot of people wouldn't bother trying that hard. It IS film music at the end of the day. IR should have branched out of film music in the 90s, what excites him now as a composer is probably too challenging for the needs of the proverbial 'man on the street'. He puts maximum involvement now in darker compositions like Mudhal Murai Partha Nyabagam or Sattru Munbu while Puddikale Mamu has a been-there-done-that flavour. I actually think that is the main reason his albums don't have the same impact on mass audience as they used to up to the early 90s; he has somewhat lost interest in fast songs. He even admitted in the 2005 Jaya TV show that he doesn't really like Ninu Korri!!! But I don't think it has anything to do with his methods of working - turning over albums very quickly. He has been doing that for a very long time, long before ARR came on the scene. Spontaneity is what works for IR and that is what I as an IR fan also like in his music. I wouldn't want him to kill that spontaneity by working and re-working the song for months. But I don't think his interests intersect with those of the mass audience to the same extent as during his peak and that is very important for commercial success of a soundtrack. NEPV still sold well because there are so many hardcore IR fans and probably the melodies appealed to older generation audience. But the same audience would probably not be interested in a FILM starring Jeeva and Samantha, that is where GVM miscalculated.

  5. #24
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    25,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think IR fans live in a different world.
    Selvaraghavan should make Irandam Ulagam 2, based on them.
    Btw, yesterday's concert was a huge flop with only a 5000 turnout in a 25,000 stadium. Despite the hundreds of free tickets given.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

  6. #25
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    I think IR fans live in a different world.
    Selvaraghavan should make Irandam Ulagam 2, based on them.
    Btw, yesterday's concert was a huge flop with only a 5000 turnout in a 25,000 stadium. Despite the hundreds of free tickets given.
    Not sure why you continuously spit venom on IR related matters. This dinamalar link below mentioning that show was a success one with packed audience.

    http://cinema.dinamalar.com//tamil-n...n-Malaysia.htm
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

  7. #26
    Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    25,140
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do expect them to report? That the show is a flop?
    By the way, where are the packed audience photos?

    If you know the real stories behind the disastrous concert, you will be horrified.

    By the way, there is news that many among the audience want to seek a full refund or seek legal action against the organisers. If this issue goes to court, much ugly truth will surface.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

  8. #27
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    ஆலையில்லாத ஊருக்கு இலுப்பைப்பூ சர்க்கரை மாதிரிதான் விஜய் டிவி நாமினேஷனும். அதுலேயும் கும்கிதான் ஜெயித்தது. வருடத்தின் அதிக தரவிறக்கம் செய்யப்பட்ட ஆல்பங்களில் நீ.எ.பொ.வ இல்லை என்பதும் இங்கே கவனிக்கப்படவேண்டிய விஷயம்.

    அவ்வளவு பெரிய ம்யூசிக்கல் ஹிட்டாக இருந்தால், ஏன் கௌதம் ரஹ்மானிடம் திரும்ப வரை வேண்டும்? இத்தனைக்கும் ரஹ்மானிடம் பாட்டு வாங்க மாதக்கணக்காகும். ராஜாவிடம் சிச்சுவேஷன் சொல்லிவிட்டு டீ குடிக்க சென்று விடலாம். திரும்ப வரும்போது சிடி ரெடியாக இருக்கும்.

    ஒரு மின்னலே,வி.தா.வ மாதிரி நீ.எ.பொ.வவை என்னால் ரசிக்க முடிவதில்லை. ஒரு வேளை என் இசை ரசனை அந்த அளவிற்கு மேம்பட்டதாக இல்லாமல் இருக்கலாம். ஏதோ என் சிறுமூளைக்கு தெரிந்ததை சொன்னேன்.
    Why do you say that Ajay? There is nothing wrong to be strongly opinionated. Don't blame your taste. There is nothing wrong if you disliked an album which others loved.

    Personally, I loved "mudhal murai" and "vaanamenna" in NEPV. "satru munbu" took some time to grow. The less said about "ennodu vaa vaa" and "pudikkala maamu" the better. "saayndhu saayndhu" is an enigma; I liked the composition but Yuvan's singing was a let down for me.

  9. #28
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Actually I can quite relate to your comment because I had to listen to NEPV a few times before the songs really clicked for me. Eventually, I really loved the album but I know that a lot of people wouldn't bother trying that hard. It IS film music at the end of the day. IR should have branched out of film music in the 90s, what excites him now as a composer is probably too challenging for the needs of the proverbial 'man on the street'. He puts maximum involvement now in darker compositions like Mudhal Murai Partha Nyabagam or Sattru Munbu while Puddikale Mamu has a been-there-done-that flavour. I actually think that is the main reason his albums don't have the same impact on mass audience as they used to up to the early 90s; he has somewhat lost interest in fast songs. He even admitted in the 2005 Jaya TV show that he doesn't really like Ninu Korri!!! But I don't think it has anything to do with his methods of working - turning over albums very quickly. He has been doing that for a very long time, long before ARR came on the scene. Spontaneity is what works for IR and that is what I as an IR fan also like in his music. I wouldn't want him to kill that spontaneity by working and re-working the song for months. But I don't think his interests intersect with those of the mass audience to the same extent as during his peak and that is very important for commercial success of a soundtrack. NEPV still sold well because there are so many hardcore IR fans and probably the melodies appealed to older generation audience. But the same audience would probably not be interested in a FILM starring Jeeva and Samantha, that is where GVM miscalculated.
    இதைதான் இரஹ்மானும் குமுதம் நேர்காணலில் கூறினார். அதற்கு அவரை துவைத்து தொங்கப்போட்டு விட்டனர் இந்த தளத்தில் சிலர். அது மட்டுமல்ல, இரசனை மாறிக்கொண்டே தான் இருக்கும். நாளை இரஹ்மான் இசையும் வெகுஜன இரசனையோடு ஒட்டாமல் இருக்கலாம். அதற்காக அவர்களின் படைப்புகள் காலாவதியாகி விடாது. அந்த நேரத்தில் அவை பெரும் வெற்றி பெறாமல் இருக்கலாம். அவ்வளவுதான்.

    "எம்பயர் ஸ்டிரைக்ஸ் பேக்" என்ற "ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்" படம் வெளியான நேரத்தில் பெரிய வெற்றி பெறவில்லை. ஆனால் பல வருடங்களுக்கு பிறகு மறுபடியும் திரையான போது, அந்த படம் தான் "ஸ்டார் வார்ஸ்" படங்களில் பெரிதும் போற்றப்பட்டது.

    "நீதானே என் பொன் வசந்தம்" படத்திற்கு இராஜாவின் இசை பெரும் பலம் என்று கூறுவதை விட அது மட்டுமே பலம் என்ற கருத்தும் இங்கே குறிப்பிட வேண்டும். அந்த படத்திற்கு ஏன் இராஜா இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக் கொண்டார் என்பது புரியவில்லை, "சட்டென்று மாறுது வானிலை" படத்திற்கு இரஹ்மான் ஏன் இசையமைக்க ஒப்புக் கொண்டார் என்றும் தெரியவில்லை. கவுதம் ஒரு காலி பெருங்காய டப்பா. சரக்கு தீர்ந்து ரொம்ப நாளாகிவிட்டது. இந்த பெரிய இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் இசையும் படத்தோடு சேர்ந்து ஊற்றிக் கொள்ளாமல் இருந்தால் சரி.

  10. #29
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    K.L MALAYSIA
    Posts
    5,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    கவுதம் ஒரு காலி பெருங்காய டப்பா. சரக்கு தீர்ந்து ரொம்ப நாளாகிவிட்டது. இந்த பெரிய இசையமைப்பாளர்களின் இசையும் படத்தோடு சேர்ந்து ஊற்றிக் கொள்ளாமல் இருந்தால் சரி. thozhar

    thodar tholvigalal thakkali chattini mathiri agiirukkum intha nilamaiyil aduthu epppadiyavathu oru hit koduthaga vendiya nilamaiyil irukirar intha GVM enum anthar balti!!

  11. #30
    Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    K.L MALAYSIA
    Posts
    5,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    இத்தனைக்கும் ரஹ்மானிடம் பாட்டு வாங்க மாதக்கணக்காகும். ராஜாவிடம் சிச்சுவேஷன் சொல்லிவிட்டு டீ குடிக்க சென்று விடலாம். திரும்ப வரும்போது சிடி ரெடியாக இருக்கும்-ajay

    LOL!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •