Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Films You Once Adored That Now You Can't Stand

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Films You Once Adored That Now You Can't Stand

Time to liven up The Hub.

The title is clear, kinda opposite of the other thread I created. Expecting lots of confession, especially from Plum.

I'll start with my favourite.

NT - Some of the worst ones he did with Prabhu in 80s. The novelty of seeing father and son in same pix worked fine with me then, even when I was not a NT fan then. Not now. At the same time, not all, Vellai Roja still works for me, as Prabhu's debut Sangili or the energetic Miruthangga Chakravarthy. But not Nermai, and no way to Sathanai, let's not even talk about Tharaasu or Thiruppam. I think the worst has to be Santhippu. Anyway, I have forgotten others, and it better stay that way! Nothing to do with NT's performance, it's just the films suck.

I'll return later with the others.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Films You Once Adored That Now You Can't Stand

I was really young when I first saw Kaadhalar Dhinam and I loved it for the music + computer whiz age. Also Ennaku 20 Unnaku 18 falls into this category too, thot it was chic at the time , but now it's like

Also Maddy's Priyamana Thozhi is another one which makes you cringe when you watch it over and over.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Grouch, ennanga mudivE paNNittIngaLA?
    Dont remember much now.
    Not many that I cringe about really - if you are expecting me to cough out vijayakanth movie names, i am not falling for the trap
    But seriously, i dont find too much wrong with even sendhorapove for whatever i didnt find cringeworthy then.
    I could say kaidhiyin dairy but the parts that appealed then appeal now also - like revathy when kidnapped by appa kamal. Maybe that statue thing in the end..that was kind of intriguing then and laughable now
    Mudhal mariyaadhai - satharaj confessing his affair with vadivu to the first person he encounters in the village when he returns(just so that the viewers can conveniently digest the denoument) plus some of even NT's'sequences with bharathiraja to blame.
    Agni n'- nothing to find fault even now. What i liked then still remains fun.
    Heck, i caught Ranga the other day(as confessed, watched many times during release). Except karate mani's thesping, nothing unusually embarassing that i did not reject then. Even suresh's adhigaprsangithanams look more tolerable now.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe thrisoolam - bonafide blockbuster watched with keen intent in theatre at 7 years of age. Crying with KR Vijaya(really, yes), burning with revenge rage and "parrungada villaingaLA, our heroes are coming" as irandu kaigaL unfolded. Sivaji on Sivaji's'shoulders sure now is funny - and totally different from the with-the-movie reaction it evoked then. As for punnagai arasi's tears...

Post Thanks / Like
    Trisoolam I never get to watch till later when I became HC NT fan, so immediate reaction: Intha padam blockbuster-a .

Rajini - Payum Puli. Liked it as a kid, some masala elements. But now, it looks horrible. Jeez, how did they get away with crap like this. As mentioned earlier, everyone involved did poorly. Especially disappointed with IR, considering the stuff he was churning out at that time.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Films You Once Adored That Now You Can't Stand

Quote Originally Posted by Krillin
    Also Maddy's Priyamana Thozhi is another one which makes you cringe when you watch it over and over.
    Athu appove cringe-worthy, only gets worst now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum
    Not many that I cringe about really - if you are expecting me to cough out vijayakanth movie names, i am not falling for the trap
    Actually, its the reverse for Captain's films. Hated them then, but they are pretty watchable now. I am game for any of his films now, too bad I am married :P

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One immediately comes to my mind is Kaathal Kottai. I remember watching this film standing for the whole movie in Chrompet Vetri, full house (I think). I even watched for around 4 times that time.
    Sorry to say this, Looking back now, it is so embarrasing! I could not even bear that movie now. Especially those thaangamudiyaatha acting by Thalaivasal Vijay, Devyani, Rajeev, Heera. Not to forget that Deva song and that story and climax.

Post Thanks / Like
    late 90's love movies - like love today

Watched them as though they are classics....ippo paatha ..semma comediya irukku..

love todayla oru dialogue varum

"frienda figura"

ipo kekaradhukku semma comediya irukku
    OM NAMASIVAYA

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal - Nanum oru Tozhilaali. At that time, being a hardcore fan, I was going, "hey, what's wrong, it's good what?". But then, I would even watch Kamal just sitting for two hours reading phone book. Mishtake-ya, mishtake! Saw it recently, and I shrunk in my sofa. Sridhar, RIP, but itha senjirukka koodathu

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast