Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: West Indies Tour For Sachin Retirement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Not sure why so much fuzz for this guy , who should have retired atleast 5 years ago when he had his multiple surgeries and following bad patch. And should have joined Indian team as Batting coach (if he was serious about helping India's cricketing future).I am happy finally he is gone from International cricket, rate at which BCCI was entertaining him thought he will be opening for India with Dhoni's Grandson. Knowing him will see where he will land now.

Dilbert! Only you possible!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meanwhile, SRK expressed disappointment over the retirement of master blaster Sachin Tendulkar.

"When I heard about it I was in Australia...I learnt about it a little late...I felt bad. He has taken the decision as he understands sports better. He did a lot for cricket. He should take rest, relax and enjoy with family," SRK said.

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/sha...34603?ndtv_rhs

What did Baba Sachindananda did for cricket?
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Differ from the common opinion and think that you are an intellectual
    aaniyae pudunga venaam!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If WC win 83 promoted cricket in India, it was Sachin's arrival which made Indian youngsters think of cricket as a career.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh84 View Post
    Differ from the common opinion and think that you are an intellectual
    I am not Dinesh . Infact i am challenged when it comes to intellectual conversation , Hub people are so bright it blinds my eyes sometime.

1) He did Zero contribution to the Game itself. He played the game very well , so did 1000 others with lesser opportunities.

2) The only reason he remained in lime light (atleast for his first 5-8 years) is because , game transitioned from few ODIs in an year to few hundreds it happened during a period where a large number of veterans were bowing out (mentally not ready for the new age challenge) Kid who got nothing to loose out shined them.

3) And of course Mark Mascarenhas magic of transforming mr. 10dulkar in to first poster boy with multi-million contracts and rest is ONLY HIS-STORY.

Indian Youngsters were never in to cricket , they always liked to play baseball . And Babaji Sachin-danandan changed it all.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 21st October 2013 at 07:16 PM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    A legend's 23 year old career and contribution summarized in 3 points. Nothing much to say.
    Cedyboy No one is summarizing anything ! I just pointed out few facts, Never said it was a conclusive one. One should also utilize the opportunities given to them (which he did). We are passionate / proud about a player , who was able to perform for a long period of time at a very high standards definitely not a bad thing. Anyone who played first class or club cricket in those days will tell you that let alone a 16 year old playing for India , it was a tough task to even qualify for playing under 16 for your state / club. If someone hand picked him and Mr.Sunny bhai vouched for his ability, he was special.

Legend ok 23 years of his life scarified for a game , which built him sure we can call him that. There were several great players , who went without a trace mainly due to lack of mass media in India those days. Its very easy for us today to drop superlatives before names because we get to SEE them play. I am glad his fans didn't claim that Cricket started making money purely because BABAji was playing !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    How can something which is non-conclusive be considered a fact?
    Anyways, enough has been said and written about Sachin Tendulkar that it feels pointless to start a discussion. Take Care.
    Yo I meant I didn't quote all points ! (NOT A CONCLUSIVE LIST OF POINTS)

Post Thanks / Like
    Its time review who will be our moderator too I suppose !

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol... people talking as if sachin wanted to play against west indies and he demanded for a test in mumbai...
    he kep himself available only to play the SA series, and this cancelling the SA series and arranging a WI series in india is mainly cos of the bcci wanted to make more money utilising his retirement and to rub salt on CSA who does not obey them...

i thot this was obvious..
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    lol... people talking as if sachin wanted to play against west indies and he demanded for a test in mumbai...
    he kep himself available only to play the SA series, and this cancelling the SA series and arranging a WI series in india is mainly cos of the bcci wanted to make more money utilising his retirement and to rub salt on CSA who does not obey them...

i thot this was obvious..

exactly he is going to score about 30 runs in each innings and May be a century (if any gas left in tank) on his last innings. And bollywood drama will follow kissing pitch , kissing helmet , kissing bat, some tears and some hugs. For this who cares which team he plays against !

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast