Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: West Indies Tour For Sachin Retirement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enakku Ganguly pudikum pudikaathunu-lam illa moonu perum iruntha nallarukumae nu thonuchu. Kumble lachu add pannikalam.

I never had a chance to aruge against him ... for him nadanthuruku antha kaalathula Sachin fans kooda sanda poda lol.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Na thapunu sollala. But original scheduled place valayandu irukalamnu soldraen.
    I am a big fan of sachin, athaan ipadilaam yosika thonuthu.
    The originally scheduled place was Durban and that too not against the West Indies, but the South Africans. Honestly arranging the whole series for just Sachin is just plain wrong. I would go one further up by saying that Sachin should have retired at the start of the season probably after the England series. Whats the point in playing the whole season and retiring just at the time when all the important overseas commitments are coming up? A younger player could have settled down and could have at least prepared himself for the upcoming series. The angst that I will not be able to see my favourite cricketer on telly anymore has also rubbed in on my post. But I seriously wished for him to go to South Africa.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    The originally scheduled place was Durban and that too not against the West Indies, but the South Africans. Honestly arranging the whole series for just Sachin is just plain wrong. I would go one further up by saying that Sachin should have retired at the start of the season probably after the England series. Whats the point in playing the whole season and retiring just at the time when all the important overseas commitments are coming up? A younger player could have settled down and could have at least prepared himself for the upcoming series. The angst that I will not be able to see my favourite cricketer on telly anymore has also rubbed in on my post. But I seriously wished for him to go to South Africa.
    Yes, retiring in South Africa would have been better with a series win in overseas.
    With your points above, same made me to think he lately prefers Mumbai than India

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Lokee..I would have been unhappy even if Sachin chose to retire at any other place in India. Th timing of his retirement, the way in which an important series (which should have been ideal for a champ like him) is getting compromised for it is what has made me disappointed.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    ^ Lokee..I would have been unhappy even if Sachin chose to retire at any other place in India. Th timing of his retirement, the way in which an important series (which should have been ideal for a champ like him) is getting compromised for it is what has made me disappointed.
    Are you sure that the SA series is getting compromised because of this? I thought that there some other issues between the two boards (BCCI and CSA) that resulted in this development.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am also not in favor of Mumbai being the farewell venue for Sachin. Remember these morons only booed him. Anyway with the IPL association, Sachin becomes more a Mumbai identity. Dravid and Ganguly were played beyond their Bangaloru, Kolkatta territory where as Sachin settled peacefully with Mumbai.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mumbai la vecha people will say he is partial to his hometown........ Keep it elsewhere they will be ready to say that he has forgotten his roots ........

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    Am also not in favor of Mumbai being the farewell venue for Sachin. Remember these morons only booed him. Anyway with the IPL association, Sachin becomes more a Mumbai identity. Dravid and Ganguly were played beyond their Bangaloru, Kolkatta territory where as Sachin settled peacefully with Mumbai.
    Funny. Don't you know Dravid and Ganguly were thrown out by Bengaloru and Kolkatta ? They were made to play beyond their territory.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Movie Buff View Post
    Mumbai la vecha people will say he is partial to his hometown........ Keep it elsewhere they will be ready to say that he has forgotten his roots ........
    Dream Big !

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure why so much fuzz for this guy , who should have retired atleast 5 years ago when he had his multiple surgeries and following bad patch. And should have joined Indian team as Batting coach (if he was serious about helping India's cricketing future).I am happy finally he is gone from International cricket, rate at which BCCI was entertaining him thought he will be opening for India with Dhoni's Grandson. Knowing him will see where he will land now.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast