Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I Consider IR Unparalleled

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    அப்பப்பா....

https://soundcloud.com/ks-suka/pfinuaxqxy5f

-- சுகா

இந்தப் பாட்டுல வர்ற கிதார் பீஸையெல்லாம் கேக்கும் போது, இதெல்லாம் என்ன இமேஜினேஷன்னு தோணுது! சொல்லப்போனா இப்ப கேக்கும்போது நடுக்கமா இருக்கு’.
    - சொன்னவர், இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு கிதார் வாசித்த திரு சதானந்தன்.

கிடார் மழையில் நனைவோம். இந்தப் பாடலுக்கே பாலுவுக்கு ஒரு தேசியவிருது கொடுக்கலாம். உடனே ராஜாவுக்கு? என கேட்கக் கூடாது. விருதுக்கேல்லாம் அப்பாற்பட்டவர் அவர் என்றே முடிவுக்கு வரணும்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

2. Likes RR liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    அப்பப்பா....

https://soundcloud.com/ks-suka/pfinuaxqxy5f

-- சுகா

இந்தப் பாட்டுல வர்ற கிதார் பீஸையெல்லாம் கேக்கும் போது, இதெல்லாம் என்ன இமேஜினேஷன்னு தோணுது! சொல்லப்போனா இப்ப கேக்கும்போது நடுக்கமா இருக்கு’.
    - சொன்னவர், இந்தப் பாடலுக்கு கிதார் வாசித்த திரு சதானந்தன்.

கிடார் மழையில் நனைவோம். இந்தப் பாடலுக்கே பாலுவுக்கு ஒரு தேசியவிருது கொடுக்கலாம். உடனே ராஜாவுக்கு? என கேட்கக் கூடாது. விருதுக்கேல்லாம் அப்பாற்பட்டவர் அவர் என்றே முடிவுக்கு வரணும்.

Goose Bumbps!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ஒலியன்றி வேறல்ல: இளையராஜாவின் ஆதார சுருதி

http://solvanam.com/?p=34580

விக்கியின் மற்றுமொரு இசைக்கட்டுரை. செறிவு.

Quote Originally Posted by விக்கி
    அவர் வயதுச் சிறுவர்கள் மூங்கிலை வளைத்து வில்லாக்கிக் கொண்டிருந்தபோது, அவரை அதில் துளையிட்டு தனக்கென குழல் செய்து கொள்ள வைத்த அந்த வரத்தைச் சொல்கிறேன். அவருக்கும் இசைக்கும் உள்ள உறவு காலங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டது. இசை தன்னை வெளிப்படுத்திக் கொள்ள இளையராஜாவைத் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தது என்று சொல்லலாம். மிகச் சிறு வயதிலேயே அவர் இசைக்கும் காற்றுக்கும் உள்ள பிரிக்க முடியாத உறவைக் கண்டு கொண்டுவிட்டார். தான் கேட்கும் அத்தனை ஒலிகளையும் இசையாகக் கண்டுணரும் கந்தர்வத்தன்மை கொண்டதாகச் சிறுபிள்ளைப் பருவத்திலேயே இருந்தது அவரது அறிவின் விசாலம்.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the intervention. Most of the I.R fans are blind and Sycophant.I know many of them personally, and when I asked them point blank whether they heard Sonnathu neethana,intha mandrathil odi varum ,they answered no and not even a knowledge of existence of such songs in Tamil but asserted that IR is the best. They know only his songs like frogs in the pond. Agreed, he was one of the significant musicians that we had and I enjoyed his songs. But the word"unparellelled " is too much to digest.His significant contributions are in BGM &Re-recording and the introduction of growing technology. Still I rate Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy &A.R.Rahuman much ahead of Ilayaraja when it comes to sheer Brilliance in conceiving&composing Songs.(IR is very fast in churning out volumes in Quick time but rejections are many too) I can assert this as an ardent music lover who has been familiar with music of all periods without any fixation or narrow-minded approach. I don't mean to undermine Raja as I grew with his music. I only hate undesired superlatives attributed out of sheer ignorance. If people argue ,it is feeling&Emotion based ,it can not be person specific. It is equivalent to saying I get my physical arousal only with Specific woman !!!!!!?????Atleast Music threads can function with Fairness.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 18th July 2014 at 11:18 AM.
    நெஞ்சமெல்லாம் நிறைந்த நடிகர்களின் நடிகன்.
    http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...hool-of-Acting

Post Thanks / Like
    ராசைய்யா நிகரற்றவர் என்பதை நீங்கள் சொல்வது போல கிணத்துத் தவளைகள் நிறுவவில்லை. உலகம் முழுதும் காணப்படும் பல்வேறு இசைவகைகளை கேட்டு அனுபவப் பட்ட தேர்ந்த இசையமைப்பாளர்கள், தேர்ந்த வாத்தியக் காரர்கள், தேர்ந்த விமர்சகர்கள் மற்றும் தேர்ந்த ரசிகர்கள் கருதுகிறார்கள். மேலும் கிணத்துத் தவளைகள் எல்லா இடத்திலும் உண்டு. நீங்கள் மேற்சொன்ன இசையமைப்பாளர்களிடம் கூட. நெடியதொரு தமிழ்(தென்னிந்திய/இந்திய) திரையிசையில் ராசைய்யாவின் காலம் இடைப்பட்டது. இந்தக் காலத்தில் வாழ்ந்த மக்களே அதற்கு முந்தைய, பிந்தையவைகளை சீர்தூக்கி பார்க்கும் வாய்ப்பினைப் பெறுகிறார்கள். இன்னொன்று...ராசைய்யாவின் இசைப்பணியை ( இசை தவிர மற்ற பிற திரைப்பட விஷயங்களுக்குப் போகாமலேயே) எப்படி அணுகலாம், அணுகனும், அணுகவேண்டும் என்பதற்கே ஒரு மனப்பயிற்சி வேண்டும் என கருதுபவன் நான். ராசைய்யா மக்களிடையே உணர்வு ரீதியாக அதுவரையில் திறக்கப்படாத பலவித மனக்கதவுகளை திறந்து வைத்திருக்கிறார். அதற்குப் பிறகு வந்த இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் திறந்த கதவுகள் ராசைய்யாவை ஒப்பிடுகையில் மிகச் சிறிய அளவிலே. இசையமைப்பில் ராசைய்யா உருவாக்கிய ஒலிகளின் தன்மை மற்றும் அதன் அளவுகள் எல்லாமே வேறுயாராலும் நெருங்க முடியாத ஒன்று. இசையருவி.

நீங்கள் மேற்பதிவில் கொட்டியுள்ள கருத்துக்கள் துரிககதியில் வீசி எறிந்ததாகவே படுகின்றது. வாசிப்பவர்களின் மனநிலையை கொந்தளிக்கச் செய்யும் விதத்தில். ஒவ்வொரு கருத்திற்கும் லாவணி பாட நேரமில்லை, பயனும் இல்லை என்றே கருதுகிறேன்.
    Last edited by venkkiram; 18th July 2014 at 09:21 PM.

8. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    வெங்கிராம் ,

ராசைய்யா பற்றி எனக்கு மாற்று கருத்து இல்லை.ஆனால் அவர் அணுக படும் விதம் எனக்கு உவப்பாக இல்லை.முன் பின் தொடர்ச்சியை தூக்கி எறிந்து ,உன்னதங்களை புறக்கணித்து,லாவணி பாட எனக்கு விருப்பமில்லை.உண்மைகள் கசக்கும்.

நான் 17 வயதாக இருக்கும் போது வந்தவர் ராசைய்யா.எனக்கு அவர் மேல் மதிப்பில்லாமல் இருக்குமா?ஆராயாமல் எடுத்தேன் கவிழ்த்தேன் என பேசும் குணம் எனக்கில்லை.ஒவ்வொரு நுணுக்கமாக ஆராய்ந்து நிறுவ தயாராகவே உள்ளேன்.உணர்ச்சி வச படாமல்.

எப்படி உங்களுக்கு விற்பன்னர்கள் கருத்துக்கள் உள்ளதோ,அதே போல விஸ்வேஸ்வரன் முதல் பல இசை மேதைகள் ,விஸ்வநாதன்-ராமமூர்த்தி பற்றியும் பேசியுள்ளனர். என்ன ஒன்று,இளையராஜா தலைமுறையிடம்,இன்டர்நெட் வசதியாக மாட்டியுள்ளதால் ,சௌகரியம்.அது எப்படி உங்களுக்கு வசதி என்றால் சுகா போன்றோர் விற்பன்னர்களாகவும் ,தேர்ந்த இசை ஆய்வாளர்களாகவும் ஆகி விடுவார்களா?

ரகுமான் ஆஸ்கார்,கிராம்மி கமிட்டி ஆராய்ந்ததால்,இசை பல்கலை கழகம் டாக்டர் வழங்குவதாலோ ஆராய பட்டால் ,அவர்தான் இந்தியாவின் இணையற்ற இசை மேதை என்று முடிவு கட்ட முடியுமா?

ஒவ்வொன்றிலும் உள்வட்டம் என்று உள்ளது. இது நீங்கள் சொல்லும் மன பயிற்சி,மரபு தொடர்ச்சி,அனைத்திலும் சம பரிச்சயம்,திறந்த மனப் பாங்கு, விருப்பங்களை மட்டும் நிறுவ விரும்பா சமத்தன்மை இவையெல்லாம் அவசியம்.நான் இதை முக்கால் வாசி பேர்களிடம் பார்க்கவில்லை.

நீங்கள் இதே கருத்தை நிறுவினாலும் எனக்கு ஆட்சேபனை இல்லை.ஆனால் வழிமுறைகள்,நெறிமுறைகள்,(தவறான ஆட்டம்,உணர்ச்சி வச படுதல் தவிர்த்த) உள்வட்டம் அமையுமானால் ,நான் சொன்னவற்றை நிறுவ தயாராகவே உள்ளேன்.

உங்களுக்கு திறக்க பட்ட மன கதவுகள் எங்களுக்கு பல இசை மேதைகளால் பல முறை திறக்க பட்ட ஒன்று.

எனக்கும் அவர் பின்னணி இசையின் நுணுக்கங்களில் மதிப்புண்டு.ஒரு முறை நான் சினிமா எடுத்தால் இளைய ராஜாவை தவிர யாரையும் ஆர்.ஆர் போட விடமாட்டேன் என்று சொன்னவன் நான்.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 18th July 2014 at 11:07 PM.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Venkiram and Gopal S
    Here is my take on the above comments.
    while each individual in the hub has the right to air their views, let us appreciate Gopal for the same.
    Just to re-iterate some incidents of the past to show the supremacy and the respect he commands with music fraternity.

Salida once visited Raja's recording during late seventies when he himself was super busy in Malayalam cinema composing back to back hits. Was curious to see how raja performed all the majic from his recording room and went back delighted and satisfied. Raja was doing 35 to 40 movies those days and in Telugu and Malayam included. each and every straight album and dubbed versions were being received whole heartedly by the south population.
    RDB was very eager to visit Raja and when he did on few occasions has heaped praises on the genius in the making at that time.
    Even during the Non Media frenzy and PTI (Press) days when only Hindi movies and Music got higher quota and coverage both on radio and national dailies,the likes of Naushad and SDB knew Raja and his forte of composing style and had limited interaction with MSV (Ramamoorthy not in this association).
    GKV who composed for more than 400 Kannada and few Telugu and tamil movies remained with Raja during his last years as a mark of trust and respect for the genius who once was his guru and teacher. (Guruvai Minjiya Sishiyan!!!) Very rare honour with this one.
    Malayalam composers/ MDs Isaac K, Jayachandran, Jassie Gift, and the recent guys Idolise Raja and for his creative genius.
    Telugu MDs (Not composers), Keeravani (MM), Koti (Guitarist), DSP have great reverence and DSP idolizes openly. Kamalji openly admitted in one occasion that wherever he went with other MDs he found that Raja was a demi-god for all and he also lamented saying if such people existed and lived in contemporary world then he would consider becoming "Theist" (he truly said this)
    Kannada Music fraternity, Sadhu Kokila, Lyricist turned MD (forgot his name) Idolize Raja. Not to mention the new crop of MDs coming out each day.
    In short none of the above mentioned talents have acknowledged any other MDs across the Indian Music Industry , forget about who the actual composer is???

The real discussion should be to define clearly the distinction between "Composer" and "Music director/conductor and Arrangements"
    I laugh big time when media and press call the likes of D Imman, Anirudh R and several hundreds as composers??
    Some body who has grand keyboards, few synthesizers, Recording console and 200 sq feet of space/room churning out damn loops and straight lifts from western and latino albums are named composers. Let us take some effort to correct them.

MSV is a composer in his own right , but would leave arrangement and conducting the orchestra to Joseph-Krishna duo and TKR the Violinist during his hay days.
    ARR- I had the opportunity to see how casual and with trial and error ARR plays his notes on the Piano and key board and with the help of Guitarist and few others creates a sound design and pattern. The lead singer in one case did all the initial sangathis and got the Pallavi aligned with the mood of the protagonist and character.

With maestro you will seldom see his pallavi or motif being changed by any one?
    One classic example is SPB whenever he sings for ARR I see the tune/ scale changes and sound designing is repetitive. I presume SPB takes over and completes the task within a day if not few hours of his call sheet??? He wont wait for several days to complete the recording ???

For Gopal , if he had a chance to see or hear various interviews and celebrities from neighboring music fraternity hail raja and his genius then he may probably re consider some part for admission.

I was 4 1/2 years old when raja entered and stormed tfm and I listened to MSV, Satyam, RN, GKV for several years on Radio (Trichy, Chennai and Ilangai (Ceylon) radio for several hours each day. Non of their instrumentation or chorus arrangements and Jeevan in the songs could attract me. I used to hum several numbers at the same time and on repetitive mode as a kid and that was a rare idea and gimmick that I performed . My siblings , neighbors (other language speaking folks) enjoyed all of it with fun and frolic.
    For a Man to compose and orchestrate (I presume at least 4000 out of his 4500+ original songs) and not to Ignore OST/BGM for well over 1000 movies (including dubbed/remakes) , nobody on earth could achieve that feat in India . Let alone westerners / European composers who accomplish only 20 or 30 albums and contributions in their life span.

So what are we talking and whom are we comparing folks?

I have several other facts and interesting anecdotes that I have read and heard from various sources and since 1969 when Raja was with GKV and Gopal will be blown away with those facets of Raja.
    if there is someone who can record 2 songs (both hits) after they are released and also perform a few hours of RR (BGM) for another film and work approx 14 hours in one day??? lets just take this for granted ....
    I don't see any one in today's world that can even think of such feat?

I am not going into his personal side as that is more enchanting and un believable (the living saamiyar) has the industry called him for some time.

He is not a musician who grows long hair , changes his appearance for media, Not a stage performer, makes big bucks with a few hundred branding and endorsements etc etc.

Any day he is a rare phenomenon and that will surprise his own siblings and his immediate family.

MSB

11. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
    Likes Russellhaj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ராசய்யா என்ற பெயரிலேயே பதிவு வந்தால் நான் யாரை ராசைய்யா என இனி குறிப்பிடுவது?

இவ்வளவு உதாரணங்கள் சொல்லித்தான் திரு கோபாலை கவனத்தில் ஈர்க்கனும் என நான் விரும்பவில்லை. ஏனென்றால் அவருடைய முதல் பதிவில் உபயோகப்படுத்தப் பட்ட உவமைகள் அப்படி. கலகமான பதிவு அது. வாழும் வரலாறை இப்படி "It is equivalent to saying I get my physical arousal only with Specific woman !!!!!!?????" ஒரே வாக்கியத்தில் அடக்க நினைக்கும் பதிவரை எப்படி எதிர்கொள்ள முடியும்? விழலுக்கிறைத்த நீர்தான். ராசைய்யாவை உயர்த்திப் பிடிக்க இதுபோன்ற பலரது டெஸ்டிமொனியல்களெ தேவையில்லை. அகக் கண்ணைத் திறந்து நமக்கு நாமே உரையாடினாலே போதுமானது. ஏனெனில் ராசைய்யாவின் இசைக் குறிப்புக்கள் நம் வாழ்வோடு பின்னிப் பிணைந்தவை.

13. Likes mappi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Rasaiyya/Venki Ram,

There were lot of incidences where stalwarts like Naushad/Roshan to name a few visited Viswanathan -Ramamoorthy Recording,and showered praise on the Duo.

I admit Ilayaraja can write notes and single handedly arrange archestra,etc . Agreed. Here ,we are discussing the imigination,composition and output and the knowledge of the individual to comment on them.I know 100% Songs in Tamil by all the significant musicians and make choices.(and ofcourse some music also though self-taught)

Ramamoorthy was not a mere violinist and he was a composer and a genius musician who mastered Ragas . I could never make out the buried Raga base in VR duos but quite easy in case of IR.

When I argued with fans ,about compositions, they talk about Folk,Classical,Fusion and Western styles.I used to counter them with numerous songs of 60s with countless numbers and asked them whether they know it.Invariably,they answered ,they dont care.They dont want to here anything else.What can I say and argue? I am mistaken for my daring approach to say ,even if Ilayaraja is ultimate,only people like me are qualified to make such statements .

As composers of songs sans archestration,BGM ,I rate Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy as number 1 (Only the Duo not Viswanathan alone.Pl.Note),A.R.Rahman as number 2. Ilayaraja as No 3 .

Raja came at the right time when duo split and Tamil music was running into rough weather by unimaginative mediocre approach since 1970 till 1976 and in 1976 ,IR made all of us to drop our jaws to floor.I always carry special soft corner for him to destroy Hindi music monopoly in Tamil Nadu,saved our pride and his entry coincided with prime of my teens.

When it comes to BGM, Arrangement of archestra ,Re-recording,Mood Musics,Emotional interludes,Appropriate use of silence and nature related ,Ilayaraja is unparelleled till date.( I do appreciate his speed &efficacy to churn volumes in Quick time though it does not warrant attention and relevant to what we discuss now.) If this is taken to account RamNarayanan is better than Gurudhath.

I am not a lesser fan of Ilayaraja when I said it. Your statements like no use in arguing surprised me. You are talking to a person who wont hesitate to criticise the most reverred individuals&his own idols if it requires and I am open-minded and ready to be convinced if the person made his choice with full awareness,and knowledge like my choices. It is subjective to some extent but our knowledge &Exposure and Open-minded approach makes rejections,choices,conditional praises easy and subjectivity is reduced to a great extent.

To establish,my Opinion and choices ,I never seek help of other experts and their opinions. Suddenly some foreign composer (may be winner of all significant world titles)visits Rahman and showering praises on him without knowing about our 60s,70s,80s,90s ,will not make him more Qualified than me to comment and can not be used as testimony to establish my point.

Venki Ram, I think and hope you atleast try to see my point. If I am a man ,I will get aroused whenever I see a sensual girl, and if I am a music lover ,I get drawn with emotional content and Novelty irrespective of Tag and brand.
    Last edited by Gopal.s; 19th July 2014 at 04:57 AM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Free Tamil Ebooks...........................

இசை ஜீனியஸ் ராஜா - மின்னூல் - ரவி நடராஜன் -

http://t.co/REfDfqESWp

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast