Karthik -Happy Illa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    Sari NOv yaaru eliminated aana??
    Soundarya
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This week Thiru Vairamuthu did excellent to Super Singer competition.

After every contestant finished their song (of vairamuthu), before anchor asked him, Vairamuthu himself started to tell his 'malarum ninaivugal' about each and every song.

He appreciated all competitors with open heart and encouraged them.

He assured parvathi that, soon she will get an invitation to sing a new song in a movie. (menas he may recommend her to any music directors).

When Gopinath asked about the dispute between him and Ilaiyaraja, he answered in a matured and majestic level, without hurting anyone.

Vairamuthu also sang the unrecorded version of 'ponmaalai pozhudhu', and a song composed by singer Srinivas for a new movie, sang by Sujatha's daughter Swetha.

Finally he announced that, he presents for all Top-10 contestants, each Rs.10,000/- of total 1 lakh from his own money.

Hats off Vairamuthu sir.

Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    In Danger Zone are Krishnan, Arvind, Soundarya, Madhumita & Sonia but Sonia is immediately safe...
    I thought Arvind may be eleminated, because he did not sing 'enge nimmadhi' in kannadasan round well. Lyrics also thappum thavarumaaga, but managed in Vairamuthu round.

But unfortunately Soundarya got eleminated.

Nowadays elemination is a painful one, because all are good singers. But what to do?. three bedroom apartment is for only one participant, and infact 1 kg gold for the runner-up.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had also hoped that Enge Nimmadhi was bad enough to get him eliminated, but NOT!!! I hope Srini doesn't promote him so hard that he ends up winning...God!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adiram View Post
    Hats off Vairamuthu sir.
    newfound respect for him. what a man! avar pesinaa kEttukitte irukkalaam pOla
    somehow I was given the picture that he was an arrogant cocky man, but I found him to be very down to earth and very warm.

Arvindkku enna koraichal please? easily the best singer and worthy of the title.
    TMS paatta indha kaalaththula endha kombanaalum paadi vida mudiyaadhu
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arvindkku enna koraichal please? easily the best singer and worthy of the title.
    TMS paatta indha kaalaththula endha kombanaalum paadi vida mudiyaadhu
    at your take on Arvind. One of the worst seasons in ASS where only few are talented among the top 10. Such poor state of selection, judgement. Anyway it's fun to watch those judges acting than singers.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you are being sarcastic there, NOV. I have watched one Thyagu, a semi pro singer going around with a small TFM performing group, sing AND enact Enge Nimmadhi simultaneously on stage (and it's an auditorium with poor sound facility) and he nailed it. He may not be on Arvind's generation but he is not very old either. Somehow these talent shows rarely manage to attract the really good singers and highlight them for the public? Is there something wrong with their 'filtration' process?

Post Thanks / Like
    Venki, irukkaradha vechu thaan edai poda mudiyum. I agree that this year's singers are quite ordinary. No Alka Ajith kind of contestants.
    The best performance so far was neeye unakku endrum nigaraanavan.

Crimson, you have your answer in your question. Current generation of singers are not challenged enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Alka Ajith kind of contestants.
    Exactly. Good point also about the current generation not feeling challenged, might well be the reason. I felt a "We have arrived" smugness about most of these contestants this year except Sonia who seems to be more humble and generally does a tidier, professional job even if she is only occasionally sensational. I have given it time but this last week has convinced me that most of them don't think seriously enough, objectively enough about their singing. Which is strange because they must have made enormous sacrifices to spend time in the show singing when they might be able to further their professional career, if they have one that is.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast