Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtel Super Singer - Season 6

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it was pressure but I think even in the studio performances, she was always a bit 'quiet'. It didn't show up so much there, but in an open air concert, it can be a problem. She CAN project good volume in more uptempo songs as she showed on Thee thee thee performance but she needs to do that in the more melodic songs where she tends to mumble.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt at the choice of songs. Especially on Sarath, Soniya and Parvathy performances. Whether they are personal choices or forced/controlled by management I don't know. Sarath would have taken better songs.. His "Nandha en Nilaa " would be a better finale song. He sang plenty of good songs than those songs he sung on final. Same for Sonia and Paravthi.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know why management would force Sarath to sing Om Sivoham. It's a great song but it's not meant to be sung in an entertainment programme. And I thought Sonia as well as Parvathy's choices pretty much reflected their typical preferences. I found Syed's choices unexpected, if at all.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    The way Judges pampered Parvathy right from the beginning I thought she would get the first or second prize at least.
    i think she had no chance. in these ASS competitions, you can pretty much forget talent. only mass appeal matters. recall what happened to pooja last time.

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone noticed, the giant check presented to diwakar already had his name printed. how they know he is going to win?

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ By that logic, pl consider that the grand slam trophy raised by a tennis player within only a few minutes after his victory also has his own name engraved on it.

It's just a sort of banner saying he has won an APARTMENT worth Rs.60 lakhs anyway, not a real bank cheque. They can easily arrange for alternatives printed in each finalist's name, probably did so too. Not to say that these shows cannot be rigged (I am least bothered about winner or loser in any case and don't see why viewers in general should be either), but that kind of reasoning doesn't necessarily establish it.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh, come on, the whole show has been rigged right from the word go. didn't you watch diwagar performing like a winner just upon entry?
    the whole show was about TRP ratings and should be treated just like any other mega serial.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Again, didn't say it wasn't rigged. Just that merely because the name was printed on his cheque - if it can be called that - doesn't establish rigging. I couldn't care less either which way as I don't consider him an undeserving winner. One of the rare instances when rigging was done sensibly.

Post Thanks / Like
    TRP rating ok. why the poll must be rigged. diwakar fan following was clearly visible.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Heard that Sharad Santosh's dad had thanked andhra fans for voting. Maybe Star Vijay feared a parochial rout and didn't take a chance? Diwakar is fairly hot property now. Not 'worth' playing fair because if he had lost, it would have dampened the enthusiasm a bit. It's all commercial now, if ever it wasn't.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast