Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtel Super Singer - Season 6

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    crimson, I have been made to understand that most of the current contestants have already won several competitions in other states and many are in fact performing in stage shows.

Now, here is the best performance of this season:

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    crimson, I have been made to understand that most of the current contestants have already won several competitions in other states and many are in fact performing in stage shows.
    Which might explain what I observed as a lack of learning over the period of time from the auditions to the top 10. That might make them think they don't really need to improve too much; they have just been waiting for this competition to project their talent - that kind of mindset. Arvind still has problems enunciating consonants. Niranjana had too, until she got eliminated. Sharad Santosh is 'good' but still hasn't figured how to project more volume. He is still not singing with his natural voice and that is a general problem that most of them seem to have. Even Parvathy who has participated in Super Singer Junior (I think?) made a very strange mistake on Unnai Ondru Kettpen..I don't expect a pro to make such a miscalculation on stage, they usually know how to cover for any weaknesses or issues with the voice on the particular day. Only Sonia has the polish expected at top 10 level and she only fleetingly produces the wow factor that say Sathya Prakash generates all the time, even when he comes over as a guest on this same show. But I am truly sorry that yesterday I included Diwakar in that group; I can do nothing but salute his efforts in getting thus far and hopefully much further in the competition given his circumstances.
    Last edited by crimson king; 24th November 2013 at 07:41 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha.... Diwakar is celebrated because of his background, Arvind because of his good heart and Syed because of his good looks. All three are finalists by the way.
    no one is being judged on how they sing.

btw, I like Krishnan because he mostly sings old songs (but he will be eliminated in the coming weeks)

Crimson, the contestants are suffering from fatigue and over use. I dont understand why the show has to be daily. Looks like the contestants have no time for anything else.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    I empathize with that partly but not entirely. Professional singers do need to sing every day so the finalists have got to be able to do it and in fact thrive in it. I like Krishnan somewhat too but he's kind of sleepy, lacks energy and that will be the reason he has to go eventually. I think Syed is going to get up pretty high by carefully avoiding overly melodic songs and only projecting his strengths. I appreciate Arvind's big heart and I wish he would show a similar big heart in being faithful to Kannadaasan's lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not any more crimson. Name me one singer who sings every day, today. Forget 365 songs a year. How about 30 songs a year?
    Those golden days are no more. Now anyone and everyone can become a singer...

Since you like Krishnan, here is his fantastic performance in a Kerala show. (don't worry, its a Tamil song )

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a fundamental problem then, which goes back to what you said earlier about current gen. The voice is an instrument in its own right and should be trained to withstand whatever you subject it to. I am sure this is what the 'golden' greats must have done because even now when they come to these shows as guests, they sing well in spite of their age.

Post Thanks / Like
    And good performance there from Krishnan, thanks for sharing.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    வைரமுத்து அத்தியாத்தில் கிருஷ்ணன் பாடிய "என்னச் சத்தம் இந்த நேரம்" நன்றாக இருந்தது. ரொம்ப அனுபவித்து பாடுகிறார். அதிலும் ஒரு நேர்மை இருக்கிறது.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    சோனியாவிடத்தில் நான் காணும் ஒரே குறை என்னவென்றால்.. அவர் பாடும்போது ஒரு அமைதியே தென்படாது. அடிமனதில் ஒருவித வேகத்துடனே பாடுவதுபோல இருக்கும். இது திரைப்பாடல்களில் மனோ பாடுவதை ஒத்தது.

Post Thanks / Like
    சாய் விக்னேஷ் பாடிய "சந்தனத் தென்றலை" சிறப்பாக இருந்தது பல இடங்களில். ஒரே ஒரு இடத்தில் குரல் ஒத்துழைக்கவில்லை. இருந்தாலும் பரவாயில்லை.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast