Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: தேவை ஒரு இனிய தமிழ் பெயர்

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many thanks mala..... it really feels very nice to dig deep into tamil grammar and verses and come out with sweet words such as the ones many kind hubbers provided here. And you cleared so much of my doubts.......... For now we have shortlisted the following names

1. அருணிதா
    2. தூவிதா or தூவிகா
    3. நிரல்யா
    4. விகிர்தா

looking to deep dive into sangam literatures further and come up with more options

Healthy nu meaning varugira maathiri some old tamil words? other than Arogyam, nalam etc., and tamil names for Goddesses, Lakshmi (other than thirumagal), Parvathi, Saraswathi, Kali
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mala (reply @ mala's post in another thread)

Can some one list out the words / names that would mean Health, God / Goddesses name in sanga / pure tamil , we are trying to zero in on அருணிதா, athu kooda ethavathu serkalam nu oru thought
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala View Post
    Hi rsubras,

உங்கள் ஐயப்பாடு உண்மையில் நீ என்பது குறுகி நி என்றாகுமா என்பது. இப்படிக் குறுகுதலுக்கு முன்னுதாரணங்கள் இல்லாமல் இல்லை.

பழம் + நீ என்பது பழநி > பழனி என்றாகிவிட்டது என்று சொற்சிந்தனையாளர் சிலர் கூறுகின்றபடியாலும்;

ஞான் + நீ = ஞாநீ >ஞானி என்று குறுகி, ஞானம் முதலிய சொற்கள் அதன்கணிருந்து தோன்றின என்று சிலர் கூறுகின்றபடியாலும்,

நீ என்பது சிலகால் நீ எனக் குறுகியமைதலும் கூடும் என்று தோன்றுகின்றது.
    நீ என்பது நின் என்று குறுகும் தன்மையுடைய சொல்தான். நீ + மனம் = நின் மனம்,

நினது மனம், நின்னுடைய மனம் என்று வேற்றுமைச் சொல்லுருபுகள் ஏற்கும்போதும் நீ என்பது குறுகியே அமையும்.

இவற்றை நோக்குமிடத்து, அருணீதா என்பதை அருணிதா என்று குறுக்கி அமைத்தலும் கூடுமென்றே முடிபு கூறலாம்.

குறிப்பு: பழனி என்பதும் ஞானி என்பதும் வேறுவிதமாகத் தோன்றினவென்பர் வேறு சிலர். அந்த வாதத்திற்குள் செல்லாமல், நீ என்ற்பாலது நி என்று குறுகக் கூடும் என்று ஆய்வாளர் கருதியுள்ளனர் என்பதையே முனி நிறுத்தி, உங்கள் ஐயத்திற்கு ஒருவாறு தெளிவு காணலாம்.

ஞான் = I. நான் என்பதன் சேர நாட்டு வழக்கு. I - self. You = nI = the greater self. This then appears to be the beginning of a ஞானி's conception.

மெய்ம்மேல் ஏறி நின்றும் தனித்து நின்றும் நெடிலாகிய உயிர்கள் குறுகுதல் பெருவழக்கு,

ஆ > அ அம் மரம்.
    ஊ> உ உவன். ( உ +அன் )
    ஏ > எ எம் மனிதன்.

இப்படியெல்லாம் குறுகித்தான் பல சொற்கள் அமைந்தன என்பர்.
    Like in the above examples can

can நிரல் + வீயா become நிரல்வியா where வீ would become வி (like in the logic mentioned by you)

this is based on the assumption that

நிரல் = perfect or orderly
    வீயா = wealth as mentioned in some tamil websites or nilaitha as in the kural, வீயா விழுமம் தரும்

1st meaning eduthukitta Perfect (Health nu vachikkalam) and Wealthy or 2nd meaning eduthukitta Always Perfect ippadi nu oru thinking....... not sure if I am going in the right direction or doing any grammatical error thereby tampering the word and the meaning. Looking for your guidance
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    வீயா என்பது வியா என்று குறுகுவது கடினம்தான். அருள்வீரோ என்பது கவிதையில் அருள்விரோ என்று இடம்நோக்கிக் குறுகக்கூடும். (வீ > வி) உண்மையில் ஈர் இறுதி இர் ஆனது. இர் ஒரு தனி விகுதி என்றும் கூறலாம், இங்கு பொருந்தவில்லை.

விய என்பது வியத்தல் என்ற சொல்லின் பகுதி. வீதல் என்பது வேறு சொல்.

நிரல் + விய -> நிரல்வியா : வியத்தகு நிரல் உடையவள் என்பது பொருளாகக் கொள்ளலாம்.

வீதல் பொருள் வரவில்லை.

vItal 1. death; 2. poverty, வீயா - வீதல் என்பதன் எதிர்மறை வடிவம்.

வினைச்சொல் பகுதி "வீ" என்பது,
    Last edited by bis_mala; 24th July 2013 at 09:34 PM.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mala , anegama God's grace, we will zero in on நிரல்யா அருணிதா (Niralya Arunitha) , will this name make sense? or will it look like a combination of two separate words without any connection
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks thanks

Being in a multi racial Malaysia, I know that all races here are mesmerised by nice sounding names. If a name is foreign to them but sounds great, they would like to take it and recoin it to suit their own language and try to be able to say that the name has a meaning in their own language. You elicited these names from your own Tamiz field. In this connexion I should say that you have gone through a really worthwhile and rich exercise. I have to thank you for inviting me and others here to participate in it.

The names you selected are good. As words, they sound great and carry excellent meaning.

I wish you all the best. My wishes for your new arrival little girl and your lady and all other members.

Enjoy yourself.

Thank you.
    B.I. Sivamaalaa (Ms)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally mission accomplished. Wishing the kid all the best! By the way, one question? Is it mandatory to have 2 words in name? In future, the surname (last name also) will be participating in Schools, Colleges and Passports and all kind of forms and applications. To me, single word is opt and sweet!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! Enakku ponnu porandha "Iniya"-nu vaikalaam-nu irundhen.

Post Thanks / Like
    @venkiram: yeah.......... enakkum athe pola rendu disjointed pera irukka poguthe nu oru dilemma irukkathan seiyyuthu......... but Arunitha ngra name mainly for Arun both for Arunachaleshwarar and for my grandmother whose name is Arunachala Vadivu. Niralya ngra name en wife, amma ivangalukku pidichirukkara peru.......... enakku Niralya nu thaniya illama vera serkkanume ninaichen... Niralya Lakshmi sounds good but Lakshmi is a sanskrit name... tamil equivalent ah na thirumagal ah add pannalam na athu avvalavu nice sounding ah iruntha maathiri thonalae...athunalathan............... ippa kooda niraya peru ungala polave feel pannina rendu name la onnai vittuduven........

@19thmay - Ungalukku Iniya thanthai peru vaazhthukkal
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bis_mala View Post
    Being in a multi racial Malaysia, I know that all races here are mesmerised by nice sounding names. If a name is foreign to them but sounds great, they would like to take it and recoin it to suit their own language and try to be able to say that the name has a meaning in their own language. You elicited these names from your own Tamiz field. In this connexion I should say that you have gone through a really worthwhile and rich exercise. I have to thank you for inviting me and others here to participate in it.

The names you selected are good. As words, they sound great and carry excellent meaning.

I wish you all the best. My wishes for your new arrival little girl and your lady and all other members.

Enjoy yourself.

Thank you.

So much thanks Mala.... you really were very supportive and patient enough to answer my repeated questions
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast