Thread: தேவை ஒரு இனிய தமிழ் பெயர்

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to all kind hubbers, venkiram, mala, pavalamani akka and raghavendiran sir for your wishes and suggestions.... of the names suggested I liked many of the names suggested but romba pidichathu konjam irukku.. only thing is I wanted to have both a beautiful name and a wonderful meaning for that name I dont think I am expecting too much, since in sanskrit I heard of so much names....so athe maathiri thonmaiyana namma tamil language la ithuvarai naan kettathu, kattrathai vida niraya inimaiyana (both in sounding and in the meaning) words kandippa irukkum nu believe panraen

Another thing is enga ponnu konjam preterm ah piranthathala, she is still in NICU even after around a month, so wishing her well maathiri (either GOD's or recieving , or something that would mean happiness, delight, healthy etc.,) name irukkanum nu aasai padaren

I liked தூவிதா very much.... (is it Thuvitha or Dhuvitha??) தூவி means சிறகு, தூவிதா is சிறகு + தா right? idhai veru maathiri eppadi improvise pannalam? like something that would mean more like a request to GOD to succeed or give health something like that, and also there is a hindi or sanskrit equivalent for this dhuvidha is dilemma it seems, but dhuvitha (which i assume is the spelling) is mentioned as a girl baby name but the meaning is not given anywhere..should search for that as well.......

Next in line is அவிர்மதி which should be அவிர் + மதி bright moon correct ah ? Avir la vera combination try panni paarkalama? to give some meaning like Bright and beautiful அவிர் + Ani (beautiful) or அவிர்யா or something like this

கவின் is good......... but athukku கவின்யா than nalla irukkum ninaikkiran..........I thought of this, but my cousin's daughter's name is கவிநயா, this would sound like that..athanala vittutaen

நனவிதா is also very good, but the meaning in this kural's context is nanavu - which is reality...........so not much impressed by the meaning...and there is one word nana vitha used in vedic mantras and all I feel, not sure of the meaning

குழலினி - I like this name, but overruled by wife

நுதல்யா - Name is good....but meaning wise not impressed much....... நுதல் is forehead thaane?

I thought about நவில்யா , but Navil means "tell", "talk" right? or something to do with this....... so meaning wise not impressed again

To mala madam: I liked your approach very much, like taking words from Thirukkural and other such great tamil literatures which is exactly I wanted to do but could not do much for lack of sufficient knowledge in this Like you said in the other thread, name twisting can be done with any names, I wanted to be cautious only about some straight forward or blatant alter meaning by little twisting thatz all...... Like for eg. the name Rachana with an initial P, it becomes P.Rachana and could sound like Prachana (prachinai)..so antha maathiri......

General Question : what would suffix of -தா -கா -சா -யா would do to words, oru normal, ordinary sounding word kooda intha suffix ah add panna, fashionable name aagidum ninaikkaren..... I would only want to make sure that I am not damaging the word or give a different (unpleasant) meaning to that word
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement