Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: News on Vijay Sethupathi - The man among us

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Aana indha roles Chinna Naattamai Arun Vijay or Side Vaayan Sreekanth senjirundhaalum periya vithyasam irundhirukkaadho'no oru peelingi.
    Without damaging the hero names used, this is what I have to say :

If Arjun Vijay acted in any of these movies only his macho attitude would be in front and not the character's manerism. Its mainly because he has such a body language. He just can't bend. When getting hit by someone, his looks would be more aggressive than confused as the character need is.

If Sreekanth acted in any such role, I think after 30 minutes, you will be depressed. His face does not justify the masculanity of the character needs, which itself creates a sympathy of its own. Particulary in Pizza, Sreekanth would be unbelivable in the climax.

VS is apt for all the 3 roles as he suits the character secifications - rusty & young-man looks + can be angry, confused, laugh, notorious etc.,
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pizza television premiere this weekend. #suntv
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    Without damaging the hero names used, this is what I have to say :

If Arjun Vijay acted in any of these movies only his macho attitude would be in front and not the character's manerism. Its mainly because he has such a body language. He just can't bend. When getting hit by someone, his looks would be more aggressive than confused as the character need is.

If Sreekanth acted in any such role, I think after 30 minutes, you will be depressed. His face does not justify the masculanity of the character needs, which itself creates a sympathy of its own. Particulary in Pizza, Sreekanth would be unbelivable in the climax.

VS is apt for all the 3 roles as he suits the character secifications - rusty & young-man looks + can be angry, confused, laugh, notorious etc.,
    Arun Vijay and Sreekanth were just few names that came to my mind. What I meant was we accept VS as an 'angry, macho, laughing, notorious' young man, only because of the impact made by the movies he acted in. Poovodu serndu naarum manakkum. His role in Thenmerku Paruva Kaatru, Varnam and the cameos he did in movies like Pudhupettai went unnoticed as these movies were box office duds. Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average. Which is why I said Pizza and NKPK would have worked even if some other debutant or less-known actor had played the roles. Anyway, I rest my case here. I did enjoy his movies and would be watching SK soon.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber svaisn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arun Vijay and Sreekanth were just few names that came to my mind. What I meant was we accept VS as an 'angry, macho, laughing, notorious' young man, only because of the impact made by the movies he acted in. Poovodu serndu naarum manakkum. His role in Thenmerku Paruva Kaatru, Varnam and the cameos he did in movies like Pudhupettai went unnoticed as these movies were box office duds. Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average. Which is why I said Pizza and NKPK would have worked even if some other debutant or less-known actor had played the roles. Anyway, I rest my case here. I did enjoy his movies and would be watching SK soon.
    Not in all case... In NKPK, the dialog pahh.... being repeated 10 times on screen wouldn't have looked appealing on paper/script...
    90% of credit must go to VS for the modulation, body landguage and timing delivery... otherwise it would have been so irritating to watch.....

few actors may have done justice... but not any newcomer/less known actor...
    Karthik -Happy Illa

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even in Sundarapandian, HE was noticed as Pizza/NKPK(which were released around the same time) actor but his acting was just average.
    I really don't know what to say

Even for a short role he excelled... what body language and lovely subtleties...

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay Sethupathi, has emerged as one of the hottest young stars in Kollywood. He had a hat-trick of hits -Pizza, NKPK and now Soodhu Kavvum. All these films have given him a new image and box-office power.

Now Studio 9, which had taken the distribution rights of Soodhu Kavvum, will be a making a film with the emerging actor. The film titled Vasantha Kumaran is being directed by his friend Anand Kumar, and Lakshmi Menon may play the heroine with Santhosh Narayanan as music director.

Vijay Sethupathi is today the busiest actor in Kollywood. He is currently doing Pannaiyaarum Padminiyum and Idharkuthaane Aasaipattai Balakumara simultaneously. He has also signed three more films Rummy, Sangudevan and a film with Seenu Ramasamy.

http://www.tamilkey.com/vijay-sethup...s-red-hot.html
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by svaisn View Post
    Not in all case... In NKPK, the dialog pahh.... being repeated 10 times on screen wouldn't have looked appealing on paper/script...
    90% of credit must go to VS for the modulation, body landguage and timing delivery... otherwise it would have been so irritating to watch.....

few actors may have done justice... but not any newcomer/less known actor...
    I have watchd only NKPK but he was really irritating in the role. The film was horrible though and it didn't help him or vice versa. It was sleep-inducing. He repeated the dialogue the same way every single time and there was no voice modulation involved. I won't completely write him off. Too early for that. At least he should be given his due for selecting good scripts.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by paranitharan View Post
    At least he should be given his due for selecting good scripts.
    innikku varaikkum, athaane pannittu irukkaaru...

I have watchd only NKPK but he was really irritating in the role. The film was horrible though and it didn't help him or vice versa. It was sleep-inducing.
    first time hearing -ve comments on NKPK..

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You need to go out a little more then

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சிவாஜி செத்துட்டாரா ???????????????
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast