Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: A. R. Murugadoss's Raja Rani - Arya - Nayantara - Jai - GVP

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anban View Post
    madam, i remember confronting your opinions a few years ago .. i was definitely partially wrong.. But this generation is already replete with rowdy women and worthless men.. movies such as these are just glorifying them ..
    But these are just how the director wanted to portray the two characters. Not all men were worthless and not all women were rowdy in the movie.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    But these are just how the director wanted to portray the two characters. Not all men were worthless and not all women were rowdy in the movie.
    Already replete? Then the virus injected by the likes of K.Balachander has reached epidemic levels? (Luckily I visit the cities only for short stays! But smaller cities and villages are not at all lagging behind, thanks to our media!) Tragic indeed! Don't you think one or two characters and not all in that model can be enough for the impressionable youth to take as 'role models'?
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

4. Likes paranitharan liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam View Post
    Already replete? Then the virus injected by the likes of K.Balachander has reached epidemic levels? (Luckily I visit the cities only for short stays! But smaller cities and villages are not at all lagging behind, thanks to our media!) Tragic indeed! Don't you think one or two characters and not all in that model can be enough for the impressionable youth to take as 'role models'?
    Do you think movies should only portray characters in certain ways for youths to take as role models? Then we will be left with nothing but bland goody two-shoes. Do you really think youths are not smart enough to understand who to take as role model and who not to? There might be some who will easily be impressionable but for that minority you are saying directors should eliminate their characters personality.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You sadly forget the phenomenon of a sort of gut feeling the reluctant individuals get when even slightly some sanction is understood for not-so-proper practices. I am against showing certain habits, activities,trends as normal, harmless, socially/morally acceptable. Do you think the girls will not embrace the new roguish fashion of their approach to boys? That is something I do not wish to witness in my lifetime. And the booze.... Nothing to feel proud about such debauchery! Media must show accountability, moral responsibility even in providing entertainment to the masses. Do you mean to say clean movies are impossible, have never been made? Dearth of creativity and imagination!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not that clean movies cannot be made.....but the movies which has characters that the viewers are able to connect with are the ones that succeed...... remember vikraman movies.... (till priyamana thozhi) ..... all gooders vachu movie eduthu athu flop aanathu than micham (of course it also got to do with his fading skills of screen play making)...... it is inevitable i suppose... and also two-way........movies exaggerate some random bad character prevailing in the society and give it some glamorous touch so that it fascinates viewers, viewers pick up the character qualities and adopt it
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamilcinema24.com/photo-raja-...-images-9245-1

Raja Rani Telugu Audio Launch Images

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819