Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Selva Raghavan

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Selva Raghavan

A very good director (atleast for me !!) . I have watched and liked all his movies and i liked his latest movie Pudupettai.....It was an excellent film for me......

I want Ajith to act with him as he knows how to bring the best from an actor

His Profile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selvaraghavan

Discuss!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    SELVARAGHAVAN-GOT HIS WN STYLE!

Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal with selvaraghavan should be a mouthwatering combo :P

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Director!

Ive watched 2 of his movies, I liked both.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any one knows about his latest Telugu release?

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What can I say :P He is the most exciting director around. 7G was a bit of a downer after Kadhal Kondein, but Pudhupettai made up for all his previous shortcomings. Too bad it didn't do well when released. Namba makkalin rasanaikku matroru eduthukkattu
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Post Thanks / Like
    The Movie has opened up with a good response as far as my friends say here
    http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-amav.html
    Quote Originally Posted by atqsar72
    Any one knows about his latest Telugu release?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    After multiple viewings of all his movies, 7GRC is my favorite. The acting was pathetic though. OTOH acting was terrific in kAdhal koNdEn. I still cant convince myself that PP is a great movie. The screenplay kind of wobbles here and there and the director sure got confused as to how to end the movie.
    ditto (gonna start counting the number of times I say ditto to Nerd's posts ).

In PuduppEttai he seemed very conscious of making a classic. It really dragged towards the end. Characters were wasted and some scenes were there really for show (like the celebrated aruvaal training scene).

OTOH 7G was pretty disturbing. Ravikrishna still doesn't get that his is a one-role career. Even in absolute lack of modulation in his nasal voice fit the character well. The movie got really sappy towards the end and could ended way earlier. But that criticism applies to several better films too.

Kaadhal Kondein was novel and interesting. Some of the visuals and scenes make you sit up and take notice. But it didn't raise the expectations too high, so I enjoyed 7G. Perhaps it was because of the high expectations post 7G that I didn't enjoy PP that much.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    7G was a pretty straight forward movie. It was an overdose of emotion. OTOH PP was raw and complex. Right from the starting green tinged prison scenes (mudhal kola pannum bodhu udambula appadiye oru vesha bodhai erum. Naan dhaan ellamnu) to the end where he waits for his rival to finish his last meal, PP tied me to my seat. It is a movie that works on different layers - all of them waiting to be peeled and analysed. Every time I do that I am left spell-bound. Be it the split-screen effects or the map showing Kokki Kumar's expanding region of influence, Selva Raghavan's genius shines through. Not to mention his tribute to film makers from Coppola (PR, that's probably the aruval training scene you are talking about) to Tarantino .
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast