Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Highway || imtiaz ali || randeep hooda

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maahi Ve

No doubt, A.R. Rahman rightfully deserved all the accolades showered upon him but it’s way beyond my imagination that some folks still fail to fathom that. Whatever the case be, they are either are envious or imbeciles? Rahman Ji’s fans usually smile in return and take no notice but once in a while they’re blood boils as they are human and cannot shy away from their animal instincts. A.R. Rahman is well above all the media hoo-hah simply because he doesn’t have time for it and plus he’s spiritual side has converted him from a mere mortal to something else. On the contrary, he needs to have hot headed fans that speak their mind and don’t bear the slightest of silliest remark towards him.

I haven’t yet heard the song because I know if I hear it then I will drown in it and forget to put fourth my overdue rant against these imbeciles. I’m sure they know who they as they’re well qualified at reading between lines.

Times have changed but I don’t think some listeners have! Too electronic, pop/rock-ish, high-octave shouter, etc. are some of the words detractors associate with A.R. Rahman. Indian culture is vast and doesn’t fit into any bracket. India is full of cultures within a culture, so tapping any Indian culture gives me immense pleasure in exploring music from other languages and comparing similarity. The group of detractors don’t all have venom and some of them appreciate the Rahman Ji from the nineties but unfortunately got left behind in the nineties and didn’t go on the voyage over the millenium. The Indian music they like occasionally blossoms with Western Classical exuberance but it doesn’t feel too international or alien to them. Recently their idol released an almost Western album but I can’t remember them criticising the sound as being non-Indian.

They’re too busy on their quest for finding songs that although exist hardly have one or two listeners. It is a humble request to them that if they wish tp discuss A.R. Rahman and his music then do it with some sense and not contradiction, they certainly need to do some serious homework when they’re not busy spending half their life finding rare songs from their idol. You don’t have to hear A.R. Rahman’s music if you don’t want to.

Now coming to Highway, only two songs have release and they are worlds apart. Highway is an album that Rahman Ji took time out for from his busy schedule. I can’t thank him enough for this. Isn’t Patakha Guddi tapping into Indian culture? Maahi Ve has the same prominent 808 beat as the former but isn’t propelled by cultural influence but plays a sentimental chord. We will have to wait and see if the rest of the album has this 808 drum pattern, if that’s the case then I think Rahman Ji is the first Music director to use the same beat/tempo yet still create mind-boggling pleasing songs for one album only. Now that refines innovation for me. You may be asking, why all this for an album that he didn’t have time for. Well, we r talking about the biggest hearted person in Indian Cinema!

Happy Listening!

Sunil Malhotra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    song s 90's feeling (The above song) .. lik it

Alia voice s sema

Post Thanks / Like
    Imtiaz Ali directing a music video with AR Rahman for #Highway, for the male version of #PatakhaGuddi

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many melodies. Except Maahi Ve and Pathaka Guddi, nothing is instantly likeable. Lets see..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    -------------------------------------------------
    Memoirs of a Rahmaniac
    -------------------------------------------------

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    album is soaked with melodies..not sure if its a good thing or not..for now only mahi ve and patakha gudhi appeal to me
    Last edited by littlemaster1982; 27th January 2014 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Removed few unnecessary references.
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    album is soaked with melodies..not sure if its a good thing or not..for now only mahi ve and patakha gudhi appeal to me
    Re: Highway, pattasu penn was an instant hit for me. My Punjabi friend, who is not a Rahman fan, loved it. He didn't realize it was a Rahman song till I told him. The other songs are slow melodies but I like them. At this stage, though, I would say Rockstar was a better album. Maybe after a few more listens my opinion would change
    Last edited by littlemaster1982; 27th January 2014 at 09:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    At this stage, though, I would say Rockstar was a better album. Maybe after a few more listens my opinion would change
    neenga entha album vachchu compare pannaalum Rockstar wil easily beat it... IMO, Rockstar s one of the top 10 albums of his 23 yrs career..

Coming to Highway album, ketka ketka slow poison'aa irukku... i wil giv my comments later

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast