Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Highway || imtiaz ali || randeep hooda

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    arumai...arumai... within next 5 months'la innoru album...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jiteshpillaai: Heard the music of highway. Imtiaz ali does it again. Just how does rahman do it again...and again. Irshad kamil's delicately woven lyrics

Really why fit in when you were born to stand out. Huge cliche but it's the truth. Highway's music reminded of it
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks lancelot

Rahman Ji has delivered ਮੇਰੇ ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੀ ਮਿੱਟੀ ਦੀ ਖੁਸ਼ਬੂ once again

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    Thanks lancelot. Thalaivar seldom disappoints. Looking forward to the songs.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yaaru indha ponnu Alia Bhatt? nadippum varuthu. paarkkavum ok. adhu sari, naama innum Nayan, Trishava vittu varalai.

vayasaagi pochuda Kaliya Perumal

Post Thanks / Like
    lol @thozha

Anyone know when the audio might come out?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I absolutely love the free flowing nature of the song. Just like “Phir Se Udd Chala”, the song doesn’t seem to have a structure. The song oozes with creativity which is the reason I’ve lost count on how many times I seen the trailer. The beat itself is probably made on an 808 drum kit and Rahman Ji used to live off these sounds back in the nineties. As well as the obvious club sound, there are elements of techno, indie rock, middle-eastern and of course the unforgettable Sufi Punjabi vibe delivered by the Nooran Sisters of Tung Tung fame. Rahman Ji tweeted about them at same time Tung Tung aired on Sneha Khanwalkar’s MTV sound trippin mid last year so everybody could have at least expected them to collaborate but I was totally ecstatic when I heard them in the trailer.

Rahman Ji’s voice is so soft in the song and contrasts with the hard nature of the beat somewhat similar to the title song of Dil Se but I’m an equal fan of Rahman Ji the composer as well as the singer and believe his high notes will always remain his pièce de résistance. Coming back to the Nooran Sisters, they are only in their only early twenties and I can proudly say that India officially has an answer to Ustaad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Abida Parveen and all the other unquestionable veterans of Qawwali from Pakistan. I just hope that some run of the mill Music Director doesn’t start to rinse them with quantity over quality and in that respect I truly miss Krishna Beura who I really wanted to collaborate with Rahman Ji but oh well!

Irshad Kamil is definitely the best match for Rahman Ji. I remember saying that the lyrics of Rockstar were giving high competition to its music e.g. “Kun Faaya Kun”. I don’t think the Punjabi lyrics are traditional, they are original but similar to the writings of Baba Bulleh Shah Ji’s poetry.
    I can’t wait for the whole song and I can’t deny that I’m biased and defensive for the song as it truly delivers the fragrance of my motherland’s, Punjab’s soil. I’m even happier as this is Rahman Ji’s third film related to my mum’s home town, Firozpur.

Time to aboard the Highway

Happy Listening!
    Sunil Malhotra

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Ooh ooh ooh ooh ooh
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    satissh_r, my thoughts exactly

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast