Thread: Demise of Dr Noburu Karoshima a Great Historian, Epigraphist & Research Scholar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Author - Virarajendra

Demise of Padmashri Professor Dr Noboru Karashima - a Great Japanese Historian, Archaeologist, Epigraphist and Research Scholar in Tamil/Asian Historical Studies

He was the Professor Emeritus at the University of Tokyo, Japan, and also been a Professor Emeritus at the Taisho University, Japan. Professor Dr Noboru Karashima was conferred the "Padmashri" award in the year 2013 the 'highest Civilian award of India' by the Indian Prime Minister Dr Manamohan Singh.

He has also been the President of the Epigraphical Society of India in 1985, and President of the Japan Association for South Asian Studies from the year 1996 to 2000. Further he also served as the President of International Association of Tamil Research in the years from 1989 to 2010.

Professor Dr Noboru Karashima demised on the 26th of November 2015 at the age of 82, after a brief illness over two weeks in hospital in Japan.

Our Deepest Sympathies and Heartfelt Condolences to the Family of Padmashri Professor Dr Noboru Karashima on his sad demise in Japan.

-------------------

My Deepest Sympathies and Heartfelt Condolences to the Family of Padmashri Professor Dr Noboru Karashima on his sad demise in Japan - a Great Japanese Historian, Archaeologist, Epigraphist and Research Scholar in Tamil / Asian Historical Studies. May his Soul rest in peace. My first meet with him was at the 6th International Tamil Conferance - Seminar held at the University of Malaya in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1987, when he presided over a Seminar Session at this Conferance where I read my Research Paper (in English) titled "The Medieval Chola Empire and it's relations with Malaysia and Indonesia". I also had the privilage of having subsequent discussions with him at later dates on the Medieval Period Tamil Inscriptions found in South-East Asia.

Virarajendra

-------------------

Last edited by virarajendra; 4th June 2016 at 06:53 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    brought forward

Post Thanks / Like
    brought forward

Post Thanks / Like
    brought forward