• VIDYASAGAR

15 41.67%
  • AR RAHMAN

21 58.33%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SOFT MELODY DUETS,,,VIDYASAGAR OR AR RAHMAN

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    malare mounama is a nothing but pudhu vellai mazhai - roja... ok va???

what u mean no instruments in arrahman song??

listen to enna kanavillaye - kadhal desam...goodnes..it manage to make many people cry for the song...btw...have u 4gotten his amazing kannaku mai azhagu?? ok ... lets do this...gimme a powerful list from vs which u claim to be better than ARRahman...atleast 20...i will give u Arr's best 20...yes,include his malayalam,telugu or wht eva language u think he composed the best..shall we start???lets no debate and let the song speaks for it self!!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is it about ARR that makes people go over the top positively or adversely? Here are some facts:

1) Vidyasagar made his entry into TFM around 1989, three full years ahead of ARR.
    2) It was not until about 1996 or so that VS started making his mark in TFM.
    3) There may have been some melodies by VS before his second innings but I believe only the melodies after 1996 made him popular. (Please correct me if I am wrong here.) ARR was kicking ass by this time.
    4) Some of his melodies (e.g. Poo vasam purappadum penne nee poo varaindhal) have haunting interludes that are wholly due to ARR's influence in TFM. It took VS about ten full years to provide the kind of interludes which ARR excelled from the start of his career. Just imagine that song without those interludes, but with mridangam or tabla instead. The song itself is nice but the interludes are the icing on the cake. In other words, ARR's influence was definitely there in Vs's soft melodies too.
    5) If VS melodies were indeed that remarkable, he should have been able to compete with IR, which he didn't. (IR was still going strong around 1989 when his Varusham padhinaaru songs were super duper hits.)

So, although VS is very good in melody making, he is still at most on par with ARR, if one wants to be charitable.

Now let us compare songs. For every VS melody, one can easily produce a lilting ARR melody. And much more ....

1) Poo vasam purappadum penne versus Santhipoma iruvarum santhipoma. Both are equally pleasant to listen to.
    2) Aasai aasai appozhudhu versus Jannal katragi vaa jarigai poovagi vaa. Both are equally enthralling.
    3) Un samayal araiyil naan uppa sakkaraya versus Endhan vaanin kaadhal nilave. Both are equally gripping.

Give me one VS song that can equal

Nenjil jil jil jil jil ... kannathil muthamittal

Other ARR melodies:

1) Vellai pookal
    2) Sonnalum ketpadhillai
    3) Edho edho ondru enakkule nuzhaindhu
    4) Oru poiyavadhu sol kanne
    5) Chotta chotta nanaiyudhu
    6) Porale ponnu thayee
    7) En uyir thozhiye

I can go on and on, but I hope I have made my point.

VS has blotted his copy book recently by producing many crap dabba songs. Give ARR some respect on this point. He has diligently maintained his standards.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    but vs is back in his own track
    with JI (ding dong)

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm beginning to feel that Thamizh paattu had lost it's luster...

It sounds too westernized now, along with full of crap lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea man..the lyrics were crap ever since thiruda thirudi came in the field...since then....apadi podu,pottu takku,umma ummamaa all came...untill today's thirupatchi's album!!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just one song....

Yenkaathale, yenkaathalae yennai yenna seiya pogirai from Duet....

the best nothing but the best!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    enna kanavillaye is a classic example why ARR is not suitable for situational song. It is more suitable for "jolly" type of song. rendering of the song by the singer and the lyrics made it like a melodies, but otherwise, it is not at all a romantic melody

kannukku mei ezhuthu - where are the instruments?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kbee
    enna kanavillaye is a classic example why ARR is not suitable for situational song. It is more suitable for "jolly" type of song. rendering of the song by the singer and the lyrics made it like a melodies, but otherwise, it is not at all a romantic melody

kannukku mei ezhuthu - where are the instruments?

my dear....thats his speaciality..he can use a jolly music to compose a melodious song...can Vs do that??it will end up beeing like Gilli's songs...lol

btw...is there a song name kannku mei ezhutu??????????
    as i know kannuku mai azhagu i know la....brother...go listen to the song 1st..this shows u have ignored the song....listen to it...i

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Unnai kanavillaye netrodu is a 'jolly' type of song"

Good joke.

Perhaps Thiruttu rascal, singara kappa kezhange, gundu gundu gundu ponnu (never mind if it is a part lift from ottagatha kattikko), elandha pazham elandha pazham enakkuthan, etc are situational type, full of meaning, totally indigeneous, completely tamil, and, to top it all, also jolly. They are romantic and melodious too, one should not forget.

Kashtam da.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dinesh2002

Thamizh songs been crappy even before Thiruda Thirudi...

There are some songs that are so awful... So horrible!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast