Thanks in advance.

hemakk.
    hemakkumar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Hemakk,

This recipe is from Mrs.Revathy Shanmugham's collection; yet to give a try.

ACHU MURUKKU

Raw rice 2 cup, sugar 1 ½ cup, urad flour ¾ cup, sesame seeds
    1 tbsp, oil

Soak rice in water. The consistency shd be thicker and the texture should be like butter. Now, mix sugar, urad flour to rice batter and grind like dosa batter. Transfer into a separate vessel and mix with sesame seeds.

Heat oil and put the achu murukku karandi.

Once the karandi is hot, take it out and put the karandi in the batter. Three fourth of the achu should be dipped in batter.

Then, take the achu karandi out and place in the hot oil. While it is getting cooked, the achu and murukku will come out separately. Now, remove the achu from the oil, cook the murukku on two sides.

Tips

Since the sugar is added to the flour make sure the flame is not sim or high. Otherwise, murukku will turn into red and the taste will not be good.

So, till the end, flame should be in medium fire.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hallo R,

thank you very much, i tried yesterday with Appam batter, it didn't come out. i used Jaggery instead of suger, now i will try with suger., let you know the result. once again thank you

hemakk

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    hallo R,
    hallo everybody,

did you know how to make the sweets(any) with out milk, b'ze one of my friend doesn't like the milk product of anything. if you guy's know any type of sweets to make with out add the milk or instead of milk., pl. post it. thanks in advance

hemakk

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have any particular sweet in mind, I mean, north or south Indian sweets? There are so many types of sweets available, so, post me yr reply.

Mysore pak is one of the famous south indian sweet (one more sweet called rava kesari); my Gujarati friend use to make a sweet called Sukhadi(gujarati sweet) which has wheat flour, sugar, guntar(edible gum) and ghee. These both are rich and delicious, as far as I know. Many more sweets are there!!

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just now, I remember..Even in the sukhadi sweet, it has ricotta cheese, so, yr friend does not want it too, guess!?

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes R,

she likes sweets (any sweets) without milk product. just name it if i want the receipe means i will ask you.

just i asked my friend, she said she doesn't like the cheese also, and she said she doesn't know they add milk product means she will try and taste that sweet.

hope she will taste and enjoy, if i make that Sukhadi sweet and give it to her. so pl. post that Sukhadi sweet receipe.

guntar (edible gum) means seaweed or agar-agar or chine grass right!

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Hemakk,

Will post the sukadi sweet by tonight. Guntar is not china grass, BTW. It is a gujarati word which is edible gum in English. That is what my friend said.

And, you can even check at Tamilnadu Delicacies for sweet recipes. Meanwhile, will give you the sweet names as far as I know which does not contain milk.

Bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    wheat flour 1 cup
    jaggery, ghee, ricotta cheese & gundar(edible gum) 1/2 cup each
    dry fruits or nuts as much as u want

Deep fry the gundar in ghee till the brown color comes. Let it get cold and crush into powder.

Fry the jaggery in 1/2 cup of ghee till it gets melted and the jaggery will come on top of the ghee. This is the right time to add flour, Stir them and continue till the color changes into light brown.

Now, add ricotta cheese, crushed gundar and dry fruits/nuts, stir them till they all got mixed up well.

Finally, pour them in a plate and cut into square shape and when it gets cold, remove them.

Delicious sukhadi is ready.

Hemakk, You can try the above without adding sukhadi becoz basic sukhadi will be prepared by using wheat flour, jaggery and ghee. Considering tastes, we are adding more ingredients. Have not tried without ricotta cheese. If you want, can give a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    a small error-pls correct the sentence as "without adding ricotta cheese"......

thanks for understanding.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast