Page 54 of 194 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming films 2015

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. Thanks mappi thanked for this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jigarthanda Trailer

Thought VS would have played Simha's part in the movie - it was actually rumoured and as adding fuel to it, there was an untitled still of VS with a similar getup (hairstyle & facial hair). @1m35s VS would have ignited the screen.

The casting looks promising, except for the lead pair - Got to wait & watch. Simha is menancing, "Pey babu" (Naan Mahan Alla) is terror, Karunakaran is "eye-poping" but Arul Doss is missing. As usual Santosh Narayanan's acoustic music is mesmerising.

Wish it gets a throne beside Aranya Kandam. All the best to the entire team.
    Last edited by mappi; 3rd March 2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

5. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesnt excite me.
    If at all I watch, it would be for KS.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Nov, the trailer seems so, I am with you, but ...

Trailers (teasers - eventhough I don't support them, I am left with no choice), trailers allow you to predict the future, the film. Just like a film, trailers have categories which projects the genre of the film. Jigarthanda puts forward a different way of representing it. It avoids clichés and other common themes of mainstream film trailers. Its aim is not to provoke, but be different and uses a patern that slowly generates the spark while unfolding itself. For instance, the guy getting hit by a car-spare-part, edited to show the heroine smiling and then the slaps accompanied by the variation in music scenically conveys the romance angle and its intervention with violence. KS touches, yet another time, with his homour before throwing in the end credits.

Altogether Jigarthanda trailer seems to be a synonym of what we are going to watch. How its going to unfold as a feature film is the mystery where I place all my bets on KS, Santosh and Simha. By the looks of it, it will not be appealing to many, mainly those who are not exposed or allergic to such genres. I will not conclude by saying those "experimental" blablas, but "Got to wait & watch" !
    Last edited by mappi; 3rd March 2014 at 08:55 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ennavo... indha siddharth partha pidikkala... seems like an alien in this movie - neriya hindi /tel movies senjadhinalo ennavo !!

still KS n simha kaga padam pakkanum ...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Anban's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Siddarth and Karthik Subburaj together !! must avoid
    Top glamorous heroines, top comedian, Oscar winning MD, commercial Director, expensive wig and other big list of commercial items irunthum thaathaa padam flop .. itha vida enna asingam venum ..

Post Thanks / Like

Well, its easy to make out the way the poster has been formed. But the question is who are the guys with the musical instruments ? I would like to think that they are the band of the album as I can makeout Santosh & Anthony Dassan. The rest of the members I don't know.

Whats your take ?
    By the by anyone got hold of the CD yet ? If so, how are the songs. Got to check for it in the store tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Musical gangster storyaam, EKSI

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.thehindu.com/cinema/tam...cle5749279.ece

மார்ச் 21ம் தேதி முதல் 'குக்கூ'

14. Thanks mappi thanked for this post