Page 129 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2496

Thread: Ilayathalapathy Vijay 's New Mission with A.L Vijay - Thalaivaa

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Booked 4.40 show at Staples corner. Arrived only at 5.45 due to the football crowd in Wembley. I was so upset, but the bloke at the counter was an angel and rebooked our tickets for the 8.30 show. Cheesy smile on face, we spent an hour at the nearby shopping center. On my friend's insistence we left our dinner at the Mexican restaurant early and walked into cineworld. Bless her, because the line at screen 1 was already a mile long at 8. By half 8, the line was so long I was sure there wasn't going to be enough seats to fit everyone in. I have honestly never seen such a crowd for a tamil movie before. The Chennai express crowd was giving us strange looks. (Tell me again why bollywood movies get more screens when it's obvious tamil movies are as much as in demand) My friend who had insisted we left early to be at the screen is actually an English girl. She is a bigger Vj fan girl than the rest of us. So half an hour later, listening to her telling us off for being idiots and how she was a saviour of sorts to get us good seats, they opened the doors. Believe me when I say it was full house within minutes. I hadn't expected that for a Sunday late night show. Luckily for us we found good seats right smack in the middle and excitedly waited for the movie to start. Another group of girls were sat by us.

Yelling 'finally' after another painful 30 mins of hindi ads and trailers, we were ready to see Vj on screen. No such luck for us. We have the background story and Satyaraj's introduction for the first ten minutes. I wanted to cheer for Satyaraj, but barely controlled myself because no one else did. I assumed I was watching the movie with classy audience. Boy was I wrong. Vj's introduction on screen. I honestly thought I was in a chennai theater. That's probably the loudest cheer I've ever witnessed for any actor. If I thought my group of friends were bad, the girls next to us were worse. They kept hooting and cheering well into the first song.

The first song- if anyone told me there is a better dancer than this lad I'd laugh at them. If this dance was stylish and full of energy, yaar indha is full of grace and elegance and ecstasy of dance is so graceful on screen you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off screen.

Oh well, now I'm completely far off from what I came to post here, the movie review. The first half is so light hearted that I did wonder if it was a chick flick for a moment. Santhanam's one liners were actually funny for a change.

Amala Paul was okay. She did look good with Vj on screen and emoted well in the romantic scenes. Yaar indha saalai oram works just for their chemistry. I still think nayan or anushka would have been a better choice, but hey I'm not the director, so whatever.

I had avoided all spoilers and I was glad I didn't because the pre interval was full of shock value and amazing. I took a bow to Sathyaraj. His eyes spoke so many things while leaving his son behind, shattered.

Even if you aren't a fan of Vj all you'd want is to cuddle him and care for him in the pre interval sequence. He played the helpess young guy role so well. The tears of the older women sat in front of us was proof enough how well that sequence worked.

Completely satisfied with first half, we quickly rushed to the loo, got some napkins for our mate who was still in tears and waited for the second half to begin. It began with the slow transition of Vj from a depressed and innocent young man into a leader. Brownies to ALV for not rushing into it. This is where the movie slows down almost to a snail pace with Thalapathy song and more info about whatshisname villain.

Thank god it picks up pace again with the cat and mouse game between the two men (not as intelligent as Thuppakki but good enough).

Amala paul has limited scope in second half and I wasn't complaining. I heard a lot of comments in theater about the second heroine looking much more gorgeous than the first, but ALV turned out to be the bigger villain for finishing off her character. If only they could trim 20 minutes the movie would be as racy as thuppakki. I wasn't complaining again, because more minutes means more Vj on screen.

Despite the slow pace I preferred the second half to first. It's hard to explain why, you would understand when you watch the movie. ALV did okay this time. It wasn't an average fare but it wasn't a pathbreaking story either.

What makes the film work or precisely who makes the film work is Vj. And Sathyaraj. Nobody would believe that this is the same guy who acted in Sivakasi. The absolute adorableness he oozes in the first half and the grace and manliness with which he sizzles on screen in second half, it was Vj's show all the way. I know I'm going to sound shallow saying this but harrypotter on a flying stick he looked so fit in that climax fight I was just hoping the vest would tear off his body. I was jolling left right and center. I wasn't the only one judging by the wolfwhistles thrown his way from the girls sat by us. He sure is earning more female fanbase these days. He just looked so tall, lanky and handsome and I was of the opinion that a mush wouldn't suit him. I'll stop here with my fangirling because I'm going off track again and writing Vj review instead of Thalaivaa review.

Cut to climax and the sequence after that, everyone stood up and actually clapped. I watched Nanban first day first show and even then I didn't witness something like this. Forget all those reviews floating online. Judging by the thundering applause I heard at the end of the movie from the mostly family audience , write it down as a 5th BB for Vj.

In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dammy,

You posted ur review?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dream Big !

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    i cant able to wait to see thalaivar movie thalaiva,epavum first day first show parpen,but this time it missed,even telugu version available irundhalum iam waiting to watch tamil version,epodhan release agum

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Startdust & Dammy
    Sachin...

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Dammy,

You posted ur review?
    No Ajay...I didn't. I thought I'd share my review after the movie releases in TN. But I just realised that some people have already decided the outcome of thalaiva. Lol.

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. ..or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Whatever is the box office fate.... as a Vijay fan... I am happy he did this movie to showcase his skills. When I watched it...people were clapping and hooting at almost every juncture in the movie..and I saw it in a multiplex with mostly family audience.
    Last edited by Dammy R; 12th August 2013 at 01:48 PM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSV View Post
    My latest post was after Dammy' review post.. it is interchanged now.. Confused
    Sorry buddy...I realized I hadn't addressed it to Ajay so edited it.

Senior Member Senior Hubber GSV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    no probs.. Dammy.. i was confused and deleted my post too
    Sachin...

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    No Ajay...I didn't. I thought I'd share my review after the movie releases in TN. But I just realised that some people have already decided the outcome of thalaiva. Lol.

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. .. or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Whatever is the box office fate.... as a Vijay fan... I am happy he did this movie to showcase his skills. When I watched it...people were clapping and hooting at almost every juncture in the movie..and I saw it in a multiplex with mostly family audience.
    That two day stubble and the back and forth from confused to depressed to determined emotions he expresses just through his eyes.. (barely uttering few sentences for as long as ten minutes at one point) he sure is getting better as an actor. Read somewhere this movie brings out the actor in the star. Spot on.

But my favourite part was his portrayal as the confused lad who is coming to terms with who his dad is. He looks like a lost little boy when his dad is taken away. The sheer helplessness, the realization of what is happening around him, his expressions are a joy to watch in the pre interval block. If that doesn't move you, I don't know what will.

As for the age factor I swear this guy doesn't look a day older than 23. God only knows how he does it.