Page 128 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2496

Thread: Ilayathalapathy Vijay 's New Mission with A.L Vijay - Thalaivaa

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Cinemarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    ஆட்சியாளர்கள் கெடுபிடி செய்ததால் அன்று ரஜினி வேண்டுமானால் அடங்கி போகலாம் என் மகன் விஜய் அடங்கமாட்டான் என்று விஜயின் தந்தை இயக்குனர் சந்திரசேகர் எங்கேயோ கூறியதை சமுத்துவமக்கள் கட்சியின் தலைவர் சரத்குமார் அவர்கள் அதிமுக தலைமைக்கு போட்டு கொடுத்ததே இப்போது தலைவா தடுமாறுவதற்கு காரணமாம் .......பத்த வெச்சிட்டான் பரட்ட
    தமிழ் நாட்டில் இருக்கும் எல்லோரும் இந்த அம்மாவுக்கு அடங்கி இருந்தால் தான் பொழப்பு நடத்த முடியும் போல இருக்கு...இவங்கள எதிர்த்து ஒரு அறிக்கை விடறதுக்கு கூட எல்லாரும் பயப்படறாங்களே.. இது ஜனநாயக ஆட்சியா இல்லை சர்வாதிகார ஆட்சியா?
    அடுத்து வரும் தேர்தலுக்குள் எவ்வளவு முடியுமோ அவ்வளவு ஆடிக்கலாம்-ன்னு முடிவு பண்ணிட்டாக போல இருக்கு...
    " The real triumph in life is not in never getting knocked down, but in getting back up everytime it happens".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    "This Soon"???
    I was talking about facing problem to release his movie.

4 commercially successful movies
    Nanban was not a profitable venture, was it.

http://www.sify.com/movies/2012-top-...ymFPgigch.html
    Nanban,which is said to have made Rs 28.5 Cr from theatricals, but was made on a budget of Rs 55 Cr.

Director Shankar, bollywood’s top grossed script and tax exemption (note original 3I was U/A rated. With additional belly dance item song nanban got U and tax exemption). Having all these advantages in hand and ended up with just a break even. It is a flop – on moral(?) grounds. But all I am seeing is success meet and announcing enthiran record has been broken, 100 day poster, 100th day function, fans claiming it has blockbuster.

Kaavalan also was average at box office, wasn’t it. During that pongal race between Siruthai, Adukalam and Kavalan, kavalan got the last spot. That too it was screened without MG basis due to 6 continuous disasters, killed many theatre owners, distributors in the process and received red card from theatre owners (which no actor can achieve even in their dream). As usual all I can see is 100 day poster and fans claiming it has blockbuster.

http://www.sify.com/movies/top-10-ta...3mOLjjccd.html

Crucially, as a matter of fact, Thalaivaa's verdict in TN is not yet out
    My god, I did not know that. Advance wishes to vijay for 100th day poster and function.

and hence cannot be quite compared to some colossal failures in Tamil Cinema in the recent past.
    Of course it cannot be compared. Though those colossal failures were grossed much higher than the recent past back to back blockbusters in tamil cinema.

Vizhupuram marathon, i don't understand how that could be counted into box office calculations/movie reviews.
    You don’t understand because I was not talking about that from bo calculation/ reviews pov alone. I mentioned those few incidents with ect to say there were so many exciting/entertaining news for me to post in many threads, still it was my choice to post or not, what to post, whom to reply, which post/profile to ignore, like all others. So I do not appreciate anyone to say “I didn’t find your post in that thread, post at some other threads..” kind of talks.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle5011377.ece

Producers non-committal on Thalaivaa release date

The producers of Vijay starrer ‘Thalaivaa’ on Saturday said the film would be released “as soon as possible”.

Sunil Chandraprakash Jain of Mishri Film Productions, which produced the film, told The Hindu on Saturday night that the details were still being worked out for the release of the film. He was unwilling to commit on a probable date.

The State DGP has categorically stated that the police had not sought any postponement of the film’s release. “Any delay or deferment is not at the instance of the police,” the DGP K.Ramanujam said in a press statement. “The decision to release and the date of release are within the domain of the film industry.”

Though the film’s producers and distributors have not gone on record on the reason why the film did not release in Tamil Nadu alone, whereas it is being screened in other parts of the country, industry circles were abuzz that re-negotiations were going on between the producers and exhibitors since the government on Thursday refused to grant entertainment tax exemption for the movie.

The entertainment tax accounted for 30 per cent of the admission rates at theatres, and this had a ripple effect across the distributor-exhibitor network and hence the need to re-negotiate, an industry insider said, on condition of anonymity.

Denial of exemption by a review committee formed by the Commercial Taxes department seems to be very rare.

A cursory review of the panel’s orders, as seen on the department’s websitewww.tnvat.gov.in, shows that tax exemption were granted to most of the films submitted. The last time an application was rejected before ‘Thalaivaa’ was for a relatively unknown film titled ‘Paakanum Pola Irruku’ in March.

The film’s delay is forcing some of the actor’s hardcore fans to move to neighbouring states of Kerala and Karnataka to catch the movie, where it has released on Friday.

Post Thanks / Like
    SIMoviesUSA ‏@SIMoviesUSA
    #Thalaivaa won't break any records in USA.Sat coll was on par with Fri. It should have doubled to be super hit.Won't be a profitable venture

SIMoviesUSA ‏@SIMoviesUSA
    Sat collection dropped from Fri which is not healthy trend

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Only winners are eligible to make fun and poke others, if they wish....

Others dont have that right logically unless they are so desperate....

Better Luck Next Time...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BM,

I didnt want to reply to your posts as I have a respect for some Ajith fans, which also includes you and I thought it was some kinda retaliation from your side towards some Vijay fan's action during B2 release.

Kavalan, was not a huge Box office success, like a Thuppakki. But still it ended a disastrous run for Vijay. And it also was a break-even considering the shoestring budget. Even the internet pandits who used to ridicule the Vijay brand masalas, appreciated his performance in the film and that paved way for many big directors to think of casting Vijay in their films. FYI, Maniratnam was impressed seeing Kavalan and he wanted Vijay to play the lead in Ponniyin Selvan, which was eventually shelved for more than one reason.

In spite of the biggest names in TN, 7A ended up with almost the same numbers with Vela. Here, again the selling point was only Vijay. And Vela is not even an above average film, storywise. Vijay, in an ordinary masala entertainer guarantees the producer's investment is returned. Aascar Ravi has got Vijay's call sheet for a late 2014 movie already.

Nanban, was made around a budget of 50+ crores, with bulk of it going towards Vijay and Shankar's bank accounts. Let us assume the film netted only 28 C from theatricals (which I am not sure because the film had a houseful run in TN for a month). But still we'l stick to the 28C. Satellite rights, Telugu revenue and other revenues from sponsors like Dokomo shud easily go past the 50 C mark, which means it has atleast broke even. And the same sify and other reports included Nanban in the hits of the year while the film which amassed 40 C didn't feature in the list. And the film's budget would've been much lesser as the only big name was Ajith and to some extent U1. May be they forgot. If you find any report which calls B2 a hit, you are welcome to share.

Its not about proving who's big here. Everyone has an USP. If Ajith has opening as his forte, Vijay has a decent opening which is spread across countries with Tamil speaking population. Eg: Check the Malay,UK,US BO top ten grossers. All will have Vijay films.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    after sura,vijay on back to the hit track ie kavalan,velayutham,nanban,thuppaki,thalaivaa-mixed response,if it released in tn with triming it will be hit talk,but till now no one said movie is not good but all are saying lengthy second half it will be trimmed

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booked 4.40 show at Staples corner. Arrived only at 5.45 due to the football crowd in Wembley. I was so upset, but the bloke at the counter was an angel and rebooked our tickets for the 8.30 show. Cheesy smile on face, we spent an hour at the nearby shopping center. On my friend's insistence we left our dinner at the Mexican restaurant early and walked into cineworld. Bless her, because the line at screen 1 was already a mile long at 8. By half 8, the line was so long I was sure there wasn't going to be enough seats to fit everyone in. I have honestly never seen such a crowd for a tamil movie before. The Chennai express crowd was giving us strange looks. (Tell me again why bollywood movies get more screens when it's obvious tamil movies are as much as in demand) My friend who had insisted we left early to be at the screen is actually an English girl. She is a bigger Vj fan girl than the rest of us. So half an hour later, listening to her telling us off for being idiots and how she was a saviour of sorts to get us good seats, they opened the doors. Believe me when I say it was full house within minutes. I hadn't expected that for a Sunday late night show. Luckily for us we found good seats right smack in the middle and excitedly waited for the movie to start. Another group of girls were sat by us.

Yelling 'finally' after another painful 30 mins of hindi ads and trailers, we were ready to see Vj on screen. No such luck for us. We have the background story and Satyaraj's introduction for the first ten minutes. I wanted to cheer for Satyaraj, but barely controlled myself because no one else did. I assumed I was watching the movie with classy audience. Boy was I wrong. Vj's introduction on screen. I honestly thought I was in a chennai theater. That's probably the loudest cheer I've ever witnessed for any actor. If I thought my group of friends were bad, the girls next to us were worse. They kept hooting and cheering well into the first song.

The first song- if anyone told me there is a better dancer than this lad I'd laugh at them. If this dance was stylish and full of energy, yaar indha is full of grace and elegance and ecstasy of dance is so graceful on screen you wouldn't be able to take your eyes off screen.

Oh well, now I'm completely far off from what I came to post here, the movie review. The first half is so light hearted that I did wonder if it was a chick flick for a moment. Santhanam's one liners were actually funny for a change.

Amala Paul was okay. She did look good with Vj on screen and emoted well in the romantic scenes. Yaar indha saalai oram works just for their chemistry. I still think nayan or anushka would have been a better choice, but hey I'm not the director, so whatever.

I had avoided all spoilers and I was glad I didn't because the pre interval was full of shock value and amazing. I took a bow to Sathyaraj. His eyes spoke so many things while leaving his son behind, shattered.

Even if you aren't a fan of Vj all you'd want is to cuddle him and care for him in the pre interval sequence. He played the helpess young guy role so well. The tears of the older women sat in front of us was proof enough how well that sequence worked.

Completely satisfied with first half, we quickly rushed to the loo, got some napkins for our mate who was still in tears and waited for the second half to begin. It began with the slow transition of Vj from a depressed and innocent young man into a leader. Brownies to ALV for not rushing into it. This is where the movie slows down almost to a snail pace with Thalapathy song and more info about whatshisname villain.

Thank god it picks up pace again with the cat and mouse game between the two men (not as intelligent as Thuppakki but good enough).

Amala paul has limited scope in second half and I wasn't complaining. I heard a lot of comments in theater about the second heroine looking much more gorgeous than the first, but ALV turned out to be the bigger villain for finishing off her character. If only they could trim 20 minutes the movie would be as racy as thuppakki. I wasn't complaining again, because more minutes means more Vj on screen.

Despite the slow pace I preferred the second half to first. It's hard to explain why, you would understand when you watch the movie. ALV did okay this time. It wasn't an average fare but it wasn't a pathbreaking story either.

What makes the film work or precisely who makes the film work is Vj. And Sathyaraj. Nobody would believe that this is the same guy who acted in Sivakasi. The absolute adorableness he oozes in the first half and the grace and manliness with which he sizzles on screen in second half, it was Vj's show all the way. I know I'm going to sound shallow saying this but harrypotter on a flying stick he looked so fit in that climax fight I was just hoping the vest would tear off his body. I was jolling left right and center. I wasn't the only one judging by the wolfwhistles thrown his way from the girls sat by us. He sure is earning more female fanbase these days. He just looked so tall, lanky and handsome and I was of the opinion that a mush wouldn't suit him. I'll stop here with my fangirling because I'm going off track again and writing Vj review instead of Thalaivaa review.

Cut to climax and the sequence after that, everyone stood up and actually clapped. I watched Nanban first day first show and even then I didn't witness something like this. Forget all those reviews floating online. Judging by the thundering applause I heard at the end of the movie from the mostly family audience , write it down as a 5th BB for Vj.
    Last edited by Stardust; 12th August 2013 at 12:55 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    Nanban was not a profitable venture, was it.

I am not too keen on discussing the performances of past movies here. Since you mentioned that your services here in the Thalaivaa thread was in response to old times, how you have waited long enough and strongly believe your time has come, I have no other choice but to respond to your post with comparative data/figures of some past movies.

Let’s begin from the biggest source (arguable, the greatest source in tamil circles) - ‘Sunilidam Kalungal’ – Before talking about Sunil Gavaskar, I would like to bring to your notice the response from Radhikaa, when a fan quizzed her about Mankatha’s overall collections, that’s right….total collections. Nothing more. Nothing Less.

Though she cannot quite to compared to Sunil in terms of accuracy/legacy, she is definitely quite authentic having been involved in Mankatha’s business.

Mankatha, which was supposed to be Ajith’s biggest hit of his career made 45 crores. To me, the fan’s question was quite clear…….it was only about Mankatha’s total collections and Radhika’s response was also crystal clear. Beyond doubt. Nothing right/left to debate. Period.

I am not even going to compare this with Vijay’s best. Thuppakki, leaving aside all speculations, were confirmed by more than one person in the Industry, to have made it into the top 3 of all time Tamil Blockbusters (Post Viswaroopam, it should be in Top 4). I am not going to put any Crore value here.

But, it has also been widely reported in the media how even Surya’s mediocre/flop movies such as 7 AM Arivu and Maatran made more than 50 crores and how the less experienced Karthi’s less-emphatic Saguni had caught a big star’s movie napping. I am not going to post any links from Sunil Gavaskar or from Sify. I am sure, you are aware of those things.

45……>100 …………..50 …………Saguni -------------Enough inferences already.

I was talking about facing problem to release his movie.
    Still don't understand how this makes sense. Care to elaborate?

My god, I did not know that. Advance wishes to vijay for 100th day poster and function.
    Really hope that no fan queries Chandraprakash Jain about it on the 100th day and he replies that there is no 100 day run to make a poster . That would be painful. Black or white, it is always better to know the fate early.

Of course it cannot be compared. Though those colossal failures were grossed much higher than the recent past back to back blockbusters in tamil cinema.
    I think, Saguni takes care of this.

You don’t understand because I was not talking about that from bo calculation/ reviews pov alone. I mentioned those few incidents with ect to say there were so many exciting/entertaining news for me to post in many threads, still it was my choice to post or not, what to post, whom to reply, which post/profile to ignore, like all others. So I do not appreciate anyone to say “I didn’t find your post in that thread, post at some other threads..” kind of talks.
    I am not really a fan of using etc/ect. I think it is one of the most abused/cleverly used terms in the social world. People list something which doesn’t usually qualify to be a list and to make it look like a list, use etc/ect……listless.

Back to your post though.

Perfectly entitled to post anything/anywhere and nobody was complaining and I for certain wasn’t. Did I?
    It was a simple comparison and not a complaint. Everyone is entitled to do that, I believe.
    Last edited by CEDYBLUE; 13th August 2013 at 09:07 AM.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber Dammy R's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a bit too early to predict Thalaivas outcome. The same SIMovies has tweeted later clarifying that it won't be a FLOP. So its a bit unfair to use selected tweets and post here just to pull Vijay down. I watched it with family on Saturday and all shows were housefull....even yesterday we went to watch an English movie and all movie tickets were available at the counter except thalaiva. Just like we all criticize some actors for declaring their films as hit in 1 or 2 days....we really cannot ascertain whether thalaiva will be a break even, loss or profit making venture in just a couple of days...especially when the movie hasn't released in TN yet. Vijay has been facing issues releasing his films more often than not...some people may not like Vijay but please bear in mind..this can happen to your fav actor as well..and to celebrate someone else's agony is not good.

As for the movie..yes some people do feel that the length could be trimmed..but no one has said the movie is bad. Even the unfavorable revie2s have praised Vijay to the hilt and admitted that he holds the movie together. Vijay no longer is a "fans only" actor post Kaavalan, which is why his average movies also get repeat audience.

Anyway..I just hope and wish the movie gets a decent release in TN soon.