Page 118 of 250 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2496

Thread: Ilayathalapathy Vijay 's New Mission with A.L Vijay - Thalaivaa

Senior Member Diamond Hubber joe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumaran.P View Post
    relieved all issues resolved
    Anybody know what are the issues and whom they resolved with?
    பாசமலருக்கு அழாதவன் மனுஷனாடே ! - சுயம்புலிங்கம்

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    SantoshSivanASC. ISC @ santoshsivan 5m
    Waiting for "Thalaivaa" my friend Vijay film)

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks confirmed that movie might release tomorrow..... No use of crying over spilled milk now..... The reviews seem mixed..... But none say the movie is bad...... It is sure to be average at the least...... Time to support the film and show Vijay's mass

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Udhay @Udhaystalin
    Thalaivaa!2 screens in TK...Kaalisweri in sengottai nd pambayyaa in aathoor started show

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Make way for Vijay the Great

features two-and-a-half Vijays. One is the Tamil superstar, whose mere presence is usually accompanied by a cacophony of whistles, cheers and ringing cash registers. The second is the director, whose movies includeMadrasapattinam and Deiva Thirumagal. The half bit is the ghost of the character played by Amitabh Bachchan in so many movies in the seventies and eighties that the name became synonymous with a grumpy vigilante with parental issues.
    Thalaivaa doesn’t only reference Bachchan movies like Deewar. This is film as bibliography, so there are citations from Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather, Mani Ratnam’s Nayakan (based on The Godfather), Ram Gopal Varma’s Sarkar (also inspired by The Godfather) and Vijay’s own back catalogue. No wonder the movie clocks at three hours and two minutes.

Vijay plays, or rather poses as, Vishwa, who’s leading a cosy life in Australia, supplying bottled water and dancing in a hip-hop crew, until he falls for Meera (Amala Paul). Moved by his love for Meera, Vishwa makes a trip to Mumbai to confabulate with his father, who has up until now been no more than a voice on the other end of the phone. Anna (Sathyaraj) is actually an gangster, who, in the vein of Nayakan’s anti-hero, has been running his own little Tamil Nadu in and around Dharavi. A series of plot twists put Vishwa in Michael Corleone mode, taking over from his father and matching wits and sinew with rival don Bhima (Abhimanyu Singh).
    N Santhanam’s off-kilter comedy makes it easier to sit through the slack opening set-up, which showcases Vijay’s dancing skills, while the superstar comes into his own when Thalaivaa enters action mode. The filmmaker gives the movie a lived-in texture by shooting on location in several places in Mumbai—he makes good use of Worli Fort and the fishing village, in particular—and some scenes are snappily directed, but it is truly amazing that he takes as long as he does to get to the inevitable and predictable climax. The idea, presumably, is to give Vijay devotees an epic experience, so non-fans of the actor, who masks his limited acting range by adopting a cool and detached air, can safely stay at home. The opening credits, a roll call of historical personalities ranging from Mahatma Gandhi to Mao Zedong, make it clear that Vishwa is in good company

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    BLESSING IN DISGUISE

When our family planned a trip to Mysore for the Ramadan Weekend one month ago, nothing looked particularly concerning. The moment Thalaivaa’s release date was confirmed, I was cursing my luck of missing FDFS in Chennai. However, with the turn of events of the last few days, I was counting my stars today morning, while catching up the movie FDFS in Sathyam Cinemas, Mysore to a rousing response by the audience here. The theater was 70 percent full, largely Tamil-speaking and they were quite lousy.

I went to the theaters with zero expectations, because of 2 reasons:

1. Vijay’s HOT-COLD Record:

Vijay has this habit of delivering super-natural duds after a stupendous success. While Maduray, the successor to Ghilli tore my ear-drums, the SAC supervised, Aadhi, which followed the success of Pokkiri brought me migraines. When Vijay in Aadhi pre-interval sequence jumps from a bridge to cut off villain’s head, I for a moment thought I lost mine.

2. AL. Vijay’s COLD-COLD Record:

AL. Vijay is a director who religiously follows his guru, Priyadharshan and hence each and every movie of his is either inspired/copied from a Hollywood flick. Because he has a killer team, his products usually comes out as a decent one and despite that, I was reserved/doubtful in his ability to handle a mass hero.

Thalaivaa neither falls into Vijay’s HOT-COLD category, nor fits into AL Vijay’s COLD-COLD stuff. It is definitely a good attempt with sound basics and with Vijay looking super-fresh and fit, I, an ardent Vijay fan enjoyed the movie to the hilt.

Yes, the movie was slow-paced, but I never really bothered because Illayathalapathy was at this best. Vijay’s physique, dresses and body language all brought back memories of Vijay of old. Loved him in the flick.

Plus, the script does not look a carbon-copy of any movie (in my knowledge). Sure it has shades of Nayagan/God Father/ Sarkar, but it is certain that AL. Vijay has put in a lot of quality effort for this movie. Kudos ALV.

Credit should be given where it’s due, and just because, we fans expect another Thuppakki, nothing can be taken away from the honest effort of AL Vijay. Thuppakki and Thalaivaa are films with 2 different themes, and it will be a gross sin to compare both.

Enjoy Thalaivaa for what it is worth and I for certain, did that.

All Vijay fans who complain about the movie and question ALV’s effort should give a second thought.

HIGHLIGHTS

Vijay’s dancing for Tamil Pasanga, the scintillating ‘Yaar-intha-salai-orum’ melody with the ever-graceful hero, the beautifully-pictured ecstasy of dance, are all testimony to Vijay’s graceful and ever-delightful screen presence. Loved it.

Santhanam was at this best. His one-liners were enjoyable and he definitely added a lot of flavor to the movie.

Amala Paul, despite being abused by fans for being cast opposite Vijay, was not bad. She, was o.k.

Sathyaraj was super-cool and the entire gang (Rajiv Pillain & Co) were commendable.

BOX OFFICE

Most of Vijay’s mass/gangster/don movies of the past such as Bagavathi, Maduray, Thirupaaachi, Sivakasi, Vettaikaran and Sura suffered from a less-than-emphatic directors, mindless casting and poor story-lines. These movies relied solely on Vijay’s mass charm/appeal. Plus, the transformation of Vijay into a don/gangster were either rushed or shown in poor light. Vijay, also for this part, looked too young to fit into those roles. On the contrary, right from the early days, the don/gangster roles, fits best for Ajith.

But Thalaivaa is a product from a quality team, the casting looks good and more importantly, the transformation of Vijay into a leader/don/gangster is a lot more logical and shown much much better and Vijay looks super-fit and matured to take up the role of a leader/don/gangster, this time.

1, Vijay fans will have no complains, they will cherish this dancing version of their Thalaivaa.

2. Neutrals definitely would not hate the movie in the way they did the above listed past mass movies of Vijay. They might find it to be slow, but there ends the discomfort and

3. The third most important group, the relentless lovers (haters) of Vijay would also not hurt big. In fact, a significant portion of this group, always make it a point to visit the theaters to at least hurt/mock Vijay. With the movie deemed ‘slow’, there is extra-incentive for this group and they might even watch the movie more than once. I think at least 10 to 15 percent of Vijay’s movie revenues for all his movies, are from this group.

So, the movie should do well and if the problems in TN are sorted out at the earliest, Thalaivaa should and will be counted as a good/honest effort from both the Vijay’s.

Hence, I don’t think this movie will do mediocre business. Thuppakki's benchmark is far-off at this point, but sure this might turn out to be another Velayutham/Nanban kind-off success.

PAIN

Vijay has flirted with danger by rubbing shoulders with both the big political parties of Tamilnadu. He will continue to pay the price. He is too young for politics and SAC should call it a day. We have had, enough of him.

Vijay, please don’t fiddle with both movies and politics. I know, you are much better these days, but still you need to do even better. Stay focused with movies, you will always be one among the best, if not the best.

HOPE

Watching Thalaivaa, you never quite feel that this man is 39. He looks good for so many more years and that is a big hope.

Lot’s more to come from my Thalaivaa.
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CEDYBLUE View Post
    BLESSING IN DISGUISE

When our family planned a trip to Mysore for the Ramadan Weekend one month ago, nothing looked particularly concerning. The moment Thalaivaa’s release date was confirmed, I was cursing my luck of missing FDFS in Chennai. However, with the turn of events of the last few days, I was counting my stars today morning, while catching up the movie FDFS in Sathyam Cinemas, Mysore to a rousing response by the audience here. The theater was 70 percent full, largely Tamil-speaking and they were quite lousy.

I went to the theaters with zero expectations, because of 2 reasons:

1. Vijay’s HOT-COLD Record:

Vijay has this habit of delivering super-natural duds after a stupendous success. While Maduray, the successor to Ghilli tore my ear-drums, the SAC supervised, Aadhi, which followed the success of Pokkiri brought me migraines. When Vijay in Aadhi pre-interval sequence jumps from a bridge to cut off villain’s head, I for a moment thought I lost mine.

2. AL. Vijay’s COLD-COLD Record:

AL. Vijay is a director who religiously follows his guru, Priyadharshan and hence each and every movie of his is either inspired/copied from a Hollywood flick. Because he has a killer team, his products usually comes out as a decent one and despite that, I was reserved/doubtful in his ability to handle a mass hero.

Thalaivaa neither falls into Vijay’s HOT-COLD category, nor fits into AL Vijay’s COLD-COLD stuff. It is definitely a good attempt with sound basics and with Vijay looking super-fresh and fit, I, an ardent Vijay fan enjoyed the movie to the hilt.

Yes, the movie was slow-paced, but I never really bothered because Illayathalapathy was at this best. Vijay’s physique, dresses and body language all brought back memories of Vijay of old. Loved him in the flick.

Plus, the script does not look a carbon-copy of any movie (in my knowledge). Sure it has shades of Nayagan/God Father/ Sarkar, but it is certain that AL. Vijay has put in a lot of quality effort for this movie. Kudos ALV.

Credit should be given where it’s due, and just because, we fans expect another Thuppakki, nothing can be taken away from the honest effort of AL Vijay. Thuppakki and Thalaivaa are films with 2 different themes, and it will be a gross sin to compare both.

Enjoy Thalaivaa for what it is worth and I for certain, did that.

All Vijay fans who complain about the movie and question ALV’s effort should give a second thought.

HIGHLIGHTS

Vijay’s dancing for Tamil Pasanga, the scintillating ‘Yaar-intha-salai-orum’ melody with the ever-graceful hero, the beautifully-pictured ecstasy of dance, are all testimony to Vijay’s graceful and ever-delightful screen presence. Loved it.

Santhanam was at this best. His one-liners were enjoyable and he definitely added a lot of flavor to the movie.

Amala Paul, despite being abused by fans for being cast opposite Vijay, was not bad. She, was o.k.

Sathyaraj was super-cool and the entire gang (Rajiv Pillain & Co) were commendable.

BOX OFFICE

Most of Vijay’s mass/gangster/don movies of the past such as Bagavathi, Maduray, Thirupaaachi, Sivakasi, Vettaikaran and Sura suffered from a less-than-emphatic directors, mindless casting and poor story-lines. These movies relied solely on Vijay’s mass charm/appeal. Plus, the transformation of Vijay into a don/gangster were either rushed or shown in poor light. Vijay, also for this part, looked too young to fit into those roles. On the contrary, right from the early days, the don/gangster roles, fits best for Ajith.

But Thalaivaa is a product from a quality team, the casting looks good and more importantly, the transformation of Vijay into a leader/don/gangster is a lot more logical and shown much much better and Vijay looks super-fit and matured to take up the role of a leader/don/gangster, this time.

1, Vijay fans will have no complains, they will cherish this dancing version of their Thalaivaa.

2. Neutrals definitely would not hate the movie in the way they did the above listed past mass movies of Vijay. They might find it to be slow, but there ends the discomfort and

3. The third most important group, the relentless lovers (haters) of Vijay would also not hurt big. In fact, a significant portion of this group, always make it a point to visit the theaters to at least hurt/mock Vijay. With the movie deemed ‘slow’, there is extra-incentive for this group and they might even watch the movie more than once. I think at least 10 to 15 percent of Vijay’s movie revenues for all his movies, are from this group.

So, the movie should do well and if the problems in TN are sorted out at the earliest, Thalaivaa should and will be counted as a good/honest effort from both the Vijay’s.

Hence, I don’t think this movie will do mediocre business. Thuppakki's benchmark is far-off at this point, but sure this might turn out to be another Velayutham/Nanban kind-off success.

PAIN

Vijay has flirted with danger by rubbing shoulders with both the big political parties of Tamilnadu. He will continue to pay the price. He is too young for politics and SAC should call it a day. We have had, enough of him.

Vijay, please don’t fiddle with both movies and politics. I know, you are much better these days, but still you need to do even better. Stay focused with movies, you will always be one among the best, if not the best.

HOPE

Watching Thalaivaa, you never quite feel that this man is 39. He looks good for so many more years and that is a big hope.

Lot’s more to come from my Thalaivaa.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a ton BM for your lightning-speed and razer-sharp contributions to Thalaivaa's thread. You have been taking efforts to post the most important developments/statements/reviews about Thalaivaa.

While, the 300-odd page thread of Thuppakki did not contain many post of yours (obviously, you were busy or something), but you have been spending your time and energy for this thread.

Kudos, and way to go
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Samajith View Post
    Udhay @Udhaystalin
    Thalaivaa!2 screens in TK...Kaalisweri in sengottai nd pambayyaa in aathoor started show
    Udhay ‏@Udhaystalin 46m
    Thalaivaa! Both the TK screenings have been stopped!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rakesh Gowthaman ‏@VettriTheatres 39m
    Guys, its been a tyring day for all ... #Thalaivaa releasing tomorrow is still in the air ... Take a nap now ... Gudnight ...