Thread: Ilayathalapathy Vijay 's New Mission with A.L Vijay - Thalaivaa

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber CEDYBLUE's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dammy R View Post
    No Ajay...I didn't. I thought I'd share my review after the movie releases in TN. But I just realised that some people have already decided the outcome of thalaiva. Lol.

Anyway...as for the movie...I won't say much. To me...this is one performance which will elevate Vijay to another level. If Kaavalan got people like Mani Ratnam to notice the potential in Vijay...this will just reiterate the fact that this guy is super talented. I didn't see Vijay as the hero with tremendous star power in this movie but I saw a different Vijay who has portrayed different shades of his character..be it the cool dude in the first half. ..or the post interval character with a confused state of mind and finally the transformed character as thalaiva. To me, this movie will earn him more respect as an actor and more fans. He has danced like a dream in tamil pasanga....the guy doesn't seem to age. ..In fact he is getting better. Loved the subtle expressions in yaar indha song. Yes the post interval portion does seem a bit slow in parts but I wasn't complaining cos this was a different Vijay I was seeing. Probably a trimming of 10mts may help when it releases in TN....and I am sure even the neutrals (unbiased ones) will appreciate Vijays performance.

Whatever is the box office fate.... as a Vijay fan... I am happy he did this movie to showcase his skills. When I watched it...people were clapping and hooting at almost every juncture in the movie..and I saw it in a multiplex with mostly family audience.
    Terrific Review, Dammy
    In admiration of Mr. Evergreen Young, Mr. Box Office, Mr. Dance, Mr. MASS - | Ilayathalapathy VIJAY |

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thalaivaa BO :

Thalaivaa opened well at International markets, especially in USA and UK. The film collected aroun 212,000 $ in its opening weekend at USA including the premiere show ie., 1.28 crores. The film's UK collection is said to be 77.88 lakhs till saturday and by Sunday the film is said to have collected more than 1 crore, the film also doing stupendously well in Kerala and Karnataka. The film's first day collection in Kerala is said to be 1.20 crores and the three day collections is said to be more than 3.5 crores, similarly Thalaivaa is also doing tremendously well in Karnataka box office , almost all the shows are housefull which makes it a big hit there. The Andhra box office is touted to be around 2.25 crores share in its first three days. The Malaysia and Sri Lanka box office of Thalaivaa is also doing exceptionally well. With the satellite rights of Thalaivaa sold for 16 crores, Thalaivaa should make a minimum of 35-40 crores as share in TN so that Thalaivaa team can attain the break even status. Now the entire trade and fans are waiting for Thalaivaa release in TN....
    Dream Big !

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar Pillai@sri502h
    Kerala Box Office - Eid Weekend Aug 9 to 11 - 1. Thalaivaa 2. NPCB 3. Pulipulikalum Aatumkuttiyum 4. Chennai Express 5. Memories 6. KKOM
    Last edited by arulraj; 12th August 2013 at 06:36 PM.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thalaivaa - Official Theatrical Trailer has become the highest no.of viewed trailer/teaser in tamil cinema, may be in south indian cinema...

Views - 2,907,232 , inching close to 3.0M..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kerala Distributors & Theatre Owners must be super duper happy Till film releases here will be a double bonanza for them !
    Dream Big !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BM View Post
    (which no actor can achieve even in their dream).
    Yes the pre release business which the Vijay films do especiallay in TV rights would now become more sufficient to recover the budget which no other actor can never achieve in their dream...
    Thuppaki - 12 Cr
    Thalaivaa - 15 Cr
    Jilla - 18 Cr - Expected budget of film is 45Cr... Sold TV right covers one third of the film budget...

To be noted, your actor forthcoming 2 films which are at the same stage of Vijay films TV rights are yet to be sold off..

Post Thanks / Like
    NDTV- Thalaivaa

'Thalaivaa' banned in Tamil Nadu, Fans disappointed !

He's believed to be the next Rajinikanth, but his movie Thalaivaa banned in Tamil Nadu for no reason !!

Courtesy: NDTV !

Post Thanks / Like
    Kolly Buzz @KollyBuzz
    #Thalaivaa collected 16925€ with 1400 entries from the premiere show in France.

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NDTV- Thalaivaa

'Thalaivaa' banned in Tamil Nadu, Fans disappointed !

He's believed to be the next Rajinikanth, but his movie Thalaivaa banned in Tamil Nadu for no reason !!

Courtesy: NDTV !

Not telling by us only...........