Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Santhanam and Power Star Dr.Srinivasan ask "Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gane14 View Post

Power Star and Santhanam image might draw the crowd to theatre.
    ஓஹோ!!
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber gane14's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    ஓஹோ!!
    Ajay, u believe it or not, the negative/over build up image which he is carrying is ringing on some cash in the counters. I witnessed it today. He had the loudest welcome of all in the movie.
    எல்லாம் நன்மைக்கே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know. Just kidding.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Movie is good.

Power star's chinna chinna expression ku ellam nalla response .

Post Thanks / Like
    Udhaystalin Udhay
    KLTA! Priceless ) power star

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the movie in Perambur S2 (Sathyam Cinemas) today. OK movie. Timepass entertainer with several hilarious but forgettable as well as mokka scenes. Not even half as good as the original Bhagyaraj classic but I found it better than OKOK. Dont even think of watching a better version of IPNV. If you are familiar with Powerstar's antics (posters, forwarded emails, interviews) and if you enjoy watching him royally screwed by Santhanam, this might be a solid entertainer for you.

Powerstar is the USP. The man has the entire theatre in splits whenever he appears. Santhanam does whatever he has been doing all these days. The one scene where he turns serious and proposes to Vishaka shows how bad an actor he is. Sethu (a dermatologist, Santhanathukku romba nerungiya nanbanaam) who plays Bhagyaraj's character is a complete letdown. Someone like Jai would have been apt in this role.

Santhanam has made most use of Powerstar's image and almost all sequences are centered around him. IPNV had a strong and intelligent screenplay. Scenes like "Karuppu Satta, Vella Pant", "Ek Gaon Me Ek Kisan" are all memorable scenes & Bhagyaraj made us laugh without resorting to cheap gimmicks and crass jokes. But KLTA just depends only on Powerstar's tomfoolery and Santhanam's one line replies. The scene where Bhagyaraj meets his parents on the way from ration shop is butchered here.

Powerstar's family members and his dialogues with them are terrific. Lollu Sabha Swaminathan with whom Santhanam had some really funny scenes in BEB is wasted & Manohar appears in one blink and miss sequence. Kovai Sarala, Devadharshini are all there without any funny lines. VTV Ganesh and the effeminate dance master, who play the roles of Vishaka's Periyappa and Appa lack the seriousless of Kallapatti Singaram and the Hindi Pundit and look like caricatures.

Theatre fulla Thala fans. Mangatha dialogue, Simbhu entry-ku ellaam bayangara claps.

PS: Vishwaroopam's trailer was shown before the movie started and received thunderous applause & whistles. Have they been playing the trailer all these days (during the crisis) or is it just started?
    PS2: Whats Santhanam got against Kamal? Just like BEB, cyce gaple ellaam avara vaarraaru. VV vasanam dhaan solla thonudhu.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    apparently K. Bhagyaraj has sued, saying its a remake of his Indru Poi Naalai Vaa
    it was later announced that the film, upon orders of a high court,would carry a card in its title sequence, giving credit to both Bhagyaraj and his story of Indru Poi Naalai Vaa, which put "this entire matter to rest".- http://en.wikipedia.org

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hattori_hanzo View Post
    Theatre fulla Thala fans. Mangatha dialogue, Simbhu entry-ku ellaam bayangara claps. .
    aahaa.. konjam late ah therinju pochae.. Had I known this in advance, I would have avoided the crap that I saw last week. Going to the movie this week.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar Pillai ‏@sri50
    KLTA has run away with the Pongal box-office. Super Hit.

Junior Member Veteran Hubber paranitharan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    According to reliable sources KLTA has crossed 50C in 2 days. Thalaivar only next to superstar.
    Last edited by paranitharan; 16th January 2013 at 09:54 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast