Thread: Writer Sujatha's works

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pookkutti?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber kannannn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot RR . That's the one. I thought I'd go mad, trying to remember the title. I still remember a dialogue between the rich kid and the poor kid from 'Pookutti':
    "Un per enna"
    "Vimmu"
    "Adhu enna peru?"
    "Peru.."
    Simple, yet endearing. I hope he gives us another children's story soon.
    "Why do we need filmmaking equipment?"
    "Because, Marcel, my sweet, we're going to make a film. Just for the Nazis."

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    he also wrote of the same sort in thalaimai seyalagam:

moonru aandu kuzanthai konjam konjamaaga pesa aarambthu ore aandil nam thaaliyarukka aarambikkum,atharkellaam moola kaaranam nam thalaimai seyalakam thaan.

ippo nirutha poeriya illaya?

maathen po!

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    PEOPLE HAVE FORGOTTEN THESE!!!!
    A very interesting novel,which definitely distinguished sujatha from other riter
    he came at a time the the tamil novels were very old fashioned and with sentiments
    1) J.K -about a young pilot and his few days---i think it is the only one at that time in which there was NO KAATHAL(The hero had a lover but wont say much!!!!!)
    2)Roja -abt a factory strike
    3)6-9-61
    and as others say, k.k. pakkangal and others
    But the one novel which will remain for centuries s "IRUL VARUM NERAM"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber VENKIRAJA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thalaivar's katradhum petradhum is back on track,with gr8 quotes!

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But the one novel which will remain for centuries s "IRUL VARUM NERAM"
    I can't seem to recollect. Can you give the gist of the plot?

VENKI,

thalaivar?!!! :P

Senior Member Regular Hubber ramyap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sujatha is great , but there are some certain flaws in his writings.
    he will mostly use his Brahmin culture and type of words, which won't be easy for every .

basically being an engineer, he will tell every thing in terms of science. But he has made his own way of writing, which cannot be understood by noraml people.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "But he has made his own way of writing, which cannot be understood by noraml people."

Then how come he is the highest paid and highest selling author (short stories)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramyap
    he will tell every thing in terms of science. But he has made his own way of writing, which cannot be understood by noraml people.
    Am surprised you feel this way. In fact he is popular precisely because of his readability. He is perhaps the only writer who has written for both kaNaiyAzhi and rANi.
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Regular Hubber ramyap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Prabhu Ram
    Quote Originally Posted by ramyap
    he will tell every thing in terms of science. But he has made his own way of writing, which cannot be understood by noraml people.
    Am surprised you feel this way. In fact he is popular precisely because of his readability. He is perhaps the only writer who has written for both kaNaiyAzhi and rANi.
    of course yaar.. But not all his writings are very easy. when i read his writing during my school days, i have blinked because of the usage of words and terms so many days. After getting some knowledge about science and exposeure only i am able to understand them. so only i said so, but if i have mentioned as all his writings are like that , i confess myself and change it to many of his stories like that

But it is well known saying that most of the articles in kanayazhi itself are of high standards and it is its disadvantage. But his stories will impress even little children. i have read his story "Meendum jeeno" , but at that time i cannot understand much. but when i have seen the same as a tele serial i could understand it much.

so only i said his stories will be for all age groups, entertaining and thinking. But many of them cannot be understood by all.

But i have known many of the scientific terms and concepts from his writing like "yen iniya iyandhira". there were many commericail stories of him like "anitha-illam manaivi" and all, which will be like suspense and thrillers. He has his own deductors Ganesh-Vasanth who can never be forgotten. But many of them like marupadiyum ganesh and all, have nothing much except commercial things, which can be said as understood by every one, but that does not have any big value.

My request to Sujatha is why should not he express his scientific ideas in much simple forms as he express some of his deductive stories which are merely for business purposes.

i have read all these harmones and their activities in one of his novels only.He has depicted all those harmones names which cannot even be pronounced easily.Which has made the novel to be felt like reading my biology book.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast