Page 189 of 202 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyway, wouldn't be unhappy if Djoko wins either. Either way, it's a great result for tennis.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    That is indeed the Big If, the million dollar question, Arvind. I am reading what other forums are saying on the internet and people are near unanimous that should Fed bring this game on Sunday, it could be his title and in fact they are a lot more emphatic about it than I would be (considering Djoko can make more return winners than Murray). But they too question whether he really would be able to bring it. I hope at least 80% of it. He just can't push on the forehand. He has to serve well and then keep swinging hard on the return game. That is what he did in the brief passage of play last year in the fourth set when he rattled Djoko. That is the only way he can win. He can no longer win physical battles and esp not against Djoko. He has to swing for it with all his might and hope to get through in 3 or 4 sets max. He did beat Djoko in 4 at Wimb 2012, but then that's 2012 when he bageled Djoko at Cincy.
    Haha..Same case here. Been whistling through MTF for the last many days to check the live commentary. And I concur with the general consensus. The match is in Federer's racquet. It depends on as to which Federer's on court. And it might rain on Sunday and it's been forecasted that it could start before the final. Are we heading for the first final that's completely played under the roof..

PS: Wishful thinking....But anything that gives Federer the title. Wouldn't be unhappy at all if Djokovic takes it. Just wanting a good competitive match.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha ha, right, MTF. I was checking out MTF too. I like to find out what they are thinking, don't necessarily like the tard/GIF driven style of argument there. :P One Fed fan I know on facebook (who's quite well informed about tennis) said emphatically that should Fed play like this, Djoko has no chance. That's going too far. Djoko is much mentally tougher than Murray. He's the best out of the big four when it comes to winning ugly. He doesn't get perturbed at all if his rhythm isn't great. Yes, it is on Fed's racquet but that is usually the case on these fast courts. Djoko can't outplay him here. He has closed the gap because Fed is on the decline as a player otherwise the match up is in Fed's favour on these surfaces. Also, the baseline is super worn out this year which will also aid Fed's first strike approach. It would be pretty awesome if Fed actually goes serve and volley again in the final and still wins. Would do a lot of good for tennis. I think just the fact that he's able to get to the final at his age with that tactic shows it can still work, provided the serve volleyer also makes good returns (sadly Fed is the only one today who meets that criterion). But people are intent on not interpreting it that way and point to Fed's loss last year as proof that serve and volley cannot work.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Fed plays the level he did in SF he will surely win this one in 4.
    While I agree Nole is a richer version of Murray, still grass is not his favorite surface. The biggest question is if Fed can play @ the same level today?

All possible signs are there.
    If any his progression this year had been picture perfect compared to last year. Starting with big hitters gradually taking on solid baselines. Simon is a poor man's Murray while Murray is a middle class version of Nole. The bigger plus is he is not physically spent as Nole who has spent 3+ hrs more than Fed. But yes he is much younger so it evens out.

From the outset it looks like we are ready for the first GS with
    PS 97 under Fedberg. Most of the time conqueror of Queens champion have ended up winning Wimbledon. Let's hope Roger can keep that up. We bel18ve!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was hilarious how most of the commies picked Murray to win easily the SF.

Argument was last time Fed won as roof top favoured him. Can't these idiots know that when the roof was closed Fed already had the momentum in his side.

Another commie said Fed has maxed out winning against Murray. He had never won against him >3 in a row. That he even did that year during Murray's recovery period.

This is the Murray with 2 GS + Olympic Gold medal. That he is playing his best possible tennis post his marriage (19 match winning streak I believe)

Fed delivered like a Boss. To serve @ 74% first serve against one of the all time best returners, and return when Murray himself was serving @ 72% first serves was truly remarkable.

Let's hope he can do it one more match. Go Fedberg!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The best was Wilander saying Murray's net point conversion is higher than Fed's. Yeah over far fewer points. I too rated Murray's chances slightly better...because I never thought this version of Fed would turn up out of nowhere. By the by omega Murray was the Queens champion while Fed won Halle, which he won even in 2013, his worst Wimbledon campaign.

Post Thanks / Like
    Novak wins it in 4. The third and fourth sets were quite underwhelming and so was Federer's performance in those. He had to get the first set. Had his chances to do so, but failed. The pattern followed in the third, when he was looking all set to break, but lost serve himself. Djokovic played superbly especially in the third and the fourth. Gave nothing away. And completely imposed himself with his returns in the fourth. A tad disappointed that Federer had to endure another final loss. But the thought that the guy's doing this at the age of 33 makes me proud that I am his fan. Anyway I am looking forward to the North American circuit. Hopefully he does well there.

PS: And not to mention Djokovic's serve. He looked more a servebot than Federer
    Last edited by Arvind Srinivasan; 12th July 2015 at 10:38 PM.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Two Indians win Championships at Wimbledon (2015)!

Sania Mirza wins her fourth Grand Slam (women's doubles, with Martina Hingis)...

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/07/12/te...hingis-tennis/

…and Leander Paes teams up with Martina Hingis to win his 16th Grand Slam!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/...ay2-paes-mixed
    Last edited by raagadevan; 13th July 2015 at 01:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nole just brutally broke down Fed, his shots and his stamina till he had no fight left in him and simply disappeared in the 4th set. He has learnt from their previous epic at Wimb and avoided the mistakes he made then. Fed let it all out in the 2nd set, played far better esp in the tiebreak than at any point in last year's match. But that did not perturb Djoko. He got back to serving big in the 3rd sight right away and put the pressure right back on Fed. And receiving 5-3 in the 4th, really went after Fed's serve to close it out without having to serve. There has been talk of Fed's unforced errors. Well, what people are not taking into account is how well Djoko made Fed do all the running. He ran about 300 m less than Fed. He controlled the match beautifully. Yes, it's true; playing Fed and Nadal over and over has moulded Djoko into a great champion. Yesterday I was wondering how he lost the French to Wawrinka; guess he was mentally exhausted after having had to play two more sets on Saturday. Because he was so sharp yesterday, didn't put a foot wrong while Fed, having to make the play to get to Nole, made many misjudgments and paid the price just about every time. I am not disappointed in the least. Losing like this at his age is much more honourable than his chokes against Nole in 2010/11 USO semis. Those were matches he had controlled; not this one. He had to put up a titanic fightback just to win one set. I loved it when he did the 2nd but part of me was also thinking, "If he has to work this hard to take a set off Nole, there's no way he's winning this."

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    இந்த முறை ஃபெடரருக்கு உண்மையான சவால்கள் நிறைந்த ஆட்டம் தொடங்கியது என்றால் அது முரேவுடன் மோதிய ஆட்டத்திலிருந்துதான். நேர் செட்டுகளில் முரேவை கதற கதற தோற்கடித்தது அதகளம். Serve, Volley, Fore and Back hand எல்லாமே சொன்ன நேரத்தில் செயல்படுத்த முடிந்தது. எந்த நேரத்திலும் முரேவினால் ஃபெடரருக்கு மனதளவில் பாதிப்பு இல்லை. கவலையே படாமல் ஆடினார் ஃபெடரர். ஆனால் இறுதிப் போட்டியில் ஜெகொவுடன் மோதிய ஆட்டத்தில் முன்பு போல, ஃபெடரர் மனோதிடம் குறைந்து காணப்பட்டார். உண்மையில் ஜெகொவிக் ஜெயிக்கவில்லை. ஃபெடரர்தான் தோற்றுபோனார். சம்பந்த சம்பந்தமில்லாமல் பந்துகளை கேலரிக்கு அனுப்பிக் கொண்டிருந்தார். Unforced errors நிறைய செய்தார். பார்ப்பதற்கே கொடுமையாக இருந்தது. ஜெகொவிக்கின் சர்விஸ் கேம்களை முறியடிக்கவும், முக்கியமான நேரங்களில் தனது கேம்களை தக்கவைக்க வேண்டிய தருணத்திலும் கோட்டை விட்டிருந்தார் ஃபெடரர். போனவருடம் ஐந்து செட்டுகள் வரை சென்ற ஆட்டம் இந்தமுறை நான்கு ஆட்டங்களிலேயே முடிந்து போனது. ஆரம்ப செட்டுகளில் ஜோகொவிக்கின் இரண்டாவது Serveகளை கூட திருப்பி அனுப்ப முடியாமல் திணறினார். Back hand பொலிவிழந்து காணப்பட்டது. பல நேரங்களில் ஃ பெடரருக்கு தனது மனதில் சம்மணமிட்டு உட்கார்ந்திருக்கும் ராட்சசனை அழிக்கவே நேரம் சரியாக இருந்தது. மற்றுமொரு ஜீரணிக்கமுடியாத ஃபெடரரின் பங்களிப்பு. மற்றுமொரு ஜீரணிக்கமுடியாத ஜெகொவிக்கின் வெற்றிவாகை.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...