Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moflis mandaiya .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and Nadal (beats Ferrer 6-4, 7-5, 6-2) will face Djokovic (beats Cilic 6-0, 6-3) in the other semifinal match!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa & Novak - The rivalry...

From the ATP News; April 17, 2015

Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic will clash for a record 43rd time in their storied rivalry in the semi-finals of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...c-Rivalry.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa played well, but Novak played better! It will be Berdych and Djokovic in tomorrow's final. (Note: I was hoping for a Monfils/Nadal match!)

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Expecting a Bagel .

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't get any better for Djokovic to get the win tomorrow for the title. Monfils should be kicking himself. Beating Federer and Dimitrov only to get routined by Berdych. It's a pattern that's become all too common in Monfils career. An irritating one imho.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Rafa played well, but Novak played better! It will be Berdych and Djokovic in tomorrow's final. (Note: I was hoping for a Monfils/Nadal match!)
    Nadal played one of his best matches of the year in my opinion. He fought hard and at places shouldn't have lost his service game. Losing the 7th game in the 2nd set from 40-0. Had he had played at the level he was exhibiting in the hard court season, it would have been disastrously one sided. Before the match, the guy had just beaten one player in the top ten this year and so to expect him to topple Djokovic would just be asking too much of him I feel. Anyways I feel he should be ready to go once the French Open kicks in. Expecting a Federer/Nadal SF. Oh wait, first Federer's got to get to that stage. Athuve ippa kelvi kuriyaa irukku...
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Expecting a Bagel .
    May be! But Berdych seems to be in form to get at least a couple of games in each set!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Monfils should be kicking himself. Beating Federer and Dimitrov only to get routined by Berdych. It's a pattern that's become all too common in Monfils career. An irritating one imho.
    Monfils seem to care more about entertaining the crowd than winning matches. I think he is still playing without a coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Nadal played one of his best matches of the year in my opinion. He fought hard and at places shouldn't have lost his service game. Losing the 7th game in the 2nd set from 40-0.
    Yes, this was probably the best Nadal has played in almost a year. When he was ahead 40-0 in 7th game/2nd set, I was sure there would be a third set. I bet it will take a long time (if ever) for him to forget how he blew it with that one game! If he continues to improve in the "confidence" department, the rest of the clay court tournaments would be very interesting.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nadal is def playing way better than in the hard season. His returns were too loopy and let him down against Nole. Still, looks like Rafa's back at least for now. King of clay won't give up his fort so easily. Fed-appa, vittutunga, you have no chance. Take a break, practice more on grass. Might win more tournaments in the grass season then.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    7-5 to nole

6-4 to berdych

3rd set noow