Page 148 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Tamils are more interested in identity and 'camps'. Ivan endha kootathoda aalu,namma kootam illena vechu saathunga. In Mumbai, people, not all of them mind, respond to what is said rather than who is saying it. You should agree (or at least respectfully disagree) with a rational or objective statement even if it's coming from a certain 'camp' and not assume he is saying it from that camp only and with a certain agenda only. That is lacking at least among older generation Tamils, some of the youngistan are more chilled out. All IMO and these are just my perceptions and not the truth.
    Last edited by crimson king; 30th August 2014 at 02:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. It is interesting to know

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you once again! Goodnight (or good morning)! It is almost early morning here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to you as well. Good night and I am glad we could ultimately part on a pleasant note. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Murray takes on Kuznetsov on Saturday. Potential upset lurking there. Murray has not been playing great for some time and Kuznetsov is a promising upcoming player. COULD deliver the blow if Murray has an off day. Murray's got to be the favourite, though, needless to say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    For the sake of argument, let us assume that Ferrer was told that he had to lose the Cincinnati finals. He agreed (had no other choice), but wanted to make a point. He played his “normal” game in the second set and won it 6-1, giving Federer, ATP and whoever else was behind the “fixing” panic attacks! And of course he lost the third set as per the “arrangement”!
    I know you are being sarcastic, but still this was plain pathetic even for that.
    Tell me how many sets have Ferrer taken against Fed in all their 16 meetings (its 5 I think including the 2 he got recently,one in Torronto & one in Cincy).
    Had you picked may be a guy like Berdych, Tsonga, Delpotro etc it would've made a little sense, but Ferrer is an absolute pigeon for Federer.
    So by your logic this is exactly what happened against Bull in FO this year, Ferrer winning the first set to prove his game & then fading away to do the honors for the arrangement right? Ferrer just had beaten the Bull in MC few weeks earlier. So yeah it makes perfect sense to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Krunic topples Kvitova in the biggest upset of the WTA section so far. From what little I got to see of the match, it wasn't as if Kvitova was too erratic. Just the level Krunic showed was astounding, must have taken Kvitova completely by surprise. So much intelligence and craft, was reminded of Henin. In the game where she served for the match, she converted a high backhand into a drop shot with unbelievable, and beautiful, disguise and she did it standing on the baseline. I thought only the Feds, Noles and Rafas did that. I hope she won't be a one tournament wonder and will go a long way in women's tennis because I seriously haven't seen anybody play like that in women's tennis in a long time. There has been a lot of power hitting, baseline bashing and moonballing but just the few glimpses of craft I got to see from Krunic reminded me of better days, better times in women's tennis when it actually used to be exciting to watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robredo-Kyrgios match is very fascinating so far. Very old school in the sense that it pits the aggressive, first-strike tennis of Kyrgios with Robredo's amazing retrieving skills, slices, lobs etc. And both guys are serving so well (Robredo the surprise package in that department) that every point is now beginning to resemble a pressure cooker, a must win. Very 90s Open match in that respect, hardly any margin for shanks and brainfades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robredo up a break immediately in the fourth. Losing the third set tiebreak may have broken down Kyrgios. The irony is he could have won both the second and the third and lost through sheer inexperience.

Post Thanks / Like
    19-year-old teen sensation Kyrgios powered himself into a 5-0 lead in the first set against the 32-year-old veteran Robredo. It looked like the match would be over in less than an hour! However Robredo had other plans. By playing consistent old school tennis (forehand cross-court volleys, slices, drop shots, top spin lobs, etc.), he changed the pace and level of the match. Robredo won 3-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-3. Wow; what a match! Fascinating indeed!
    Last edited by raagadevan; 31st August 2014 at 10:18 AM.