Page 147 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Then don't make silly apologist comments if you don't want to back them up. The earth doesn't go round the sun, I mean, the Bull, you know. You deserve this and then some for trying to pretend I was making it up without any basis whatsoever.
    Of course... the earth doesn't go around the "the bull", but around the old man from Switzerland!!! Of course, you are the expert in "making it up without any basis whatsoever"!! Those are you own words!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that's all you have done throughout this discussion and probably all that you are capable of. I think they should put you on Arthur Ashe to face a serve bot so that you come back scurrying for cover.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW!!!So you are trying to say that you have played tennis on Arthur Ashe court or even on a village playground in India??? Sure; Why not! ?

Post Thanks / Like
    And there you go again with your lofty and incredibly arrogant assumptions. While I have not played on Arthur Ashe and never will be fortunate enough to, I play tennis everyday...on hard courts. And I live in a big city with courts only 20 min walking distance from my place, not a village, so thanks for that. I also had the chance to play on a really fast hard court in IL, USA when I went over there visiting my aunt. That was the reason why I pointedly asked whether you know how different it looks and feels to play on a fast vis a vis a slow court. The courts back home are so sluggish I have to really lug the ball with topspin to generate pace (by the by, do you know what is a topspin grip and how to hit a topspin forehand. Eastern, Continental, etc). At IL, I had difficulty keeping it in because it was too much pace to work with. I am still very much a learner and I have a poor serve and backhand. But I already return well because I see the ball early and all these years of watching tennis help me anticipate shots a bit better than other beginners.

I use a Wilson Advantage for now. Maybe in a year's time, will move on to better and more expensive racquets.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did my posting before reading your latest. I am really happy for you. Want to reassure you that no personal offense or attack was intended. With all due respect to each other, let us agree to disagree on our perceptions on the current tennis players. Irrespective of who our favorite player(s) is (are), let us rejoice in the greatness of the game of tennis! Thank you my friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Which you perhaps are not aware of because you are too arrogant to learn anything of consequence.
    Of course!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, cool. I have also deleted those last two comments. I fully agree to disagree. I just want to say one thing in good intention only. Your tactic of assuming, first, vendetta and then ignorance and bluffery on the part of the other guy is a typical Madras mentality. This is an honest observation from a Mumbaiite because in our city we are more watchful about what we say. Pl don't do it, pl stick to disagreements on opinions alone, never cross that line. I have the capacity to understand where it's coming from because I have encountered it many times from Mamas and all in Madras but it's very rude and offensive. And also, you never know when the other guy may in fact be knowing a little bit about what he's talking about, as it happened today and then it will look very bad. So pl keep that in mind. This is not a lecture, just a friendly suggestion, take it in the right way. Cheers, bye.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you... I have been to Madras (now Channai) at least 5 times (that I can remember). I must have caught the bug during one of those visits!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. Maybe it's a cultural thing also because I get that sometimes (not often) from abroad-settled Tamils also. I don't know but that's one reason I usually don't open my mouth when I visit people in Madras. Ours is a cosmopolitan city whereas TN is constantly at loggerheads with the other Southern sisters so maybe those are the roots of this mindset. Anyhow...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure. Maybe it's a cultural thing also because I get that sometimes (not often) from abroad-settled Tamils also
    Of course, if you say so! I didn't know that till now!