Page 146 of 202 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    No amount of pretending by you that I am saying that just because I am an RF fan will change that.
    Same story continues even as Fed has won 5 slams post Bull dethroning him in Wimb 2008. So much for lucky player, huh. Wins 5 slams in the 'Golden Era' even when he is past his physical prime. Oh wait, I know how that rolls too. Got lucky that Murray beat Nadal to allow Fed to win USO, Soderling let him win RG and Rosol allowed him to win Wimbledon in 2012. And of course it's totally not Murray or Djoko's fault that they couldn't match Fed under the Centre Court Roof, it's just Fed getting lucky. And of course Fed deserves no credit whatsoever for playing well enough to reach the finals and seize these 'lucky' opportunities.
    Of course; I rest my case!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, you are just deluded. I said the COURT, specifically the ARTHUR ASHE surface, was playing FAST. What does that have to do with anything? Did you, like, watch last year's tournament? Have you been watching it this year at all so far? Yes, I am a Fed fan, I have never denied that. But why does that mean I would necessarily be making it up when I say the court is playing fast? Have you ever played on a fast court and a slow court? Do you know how different it looks and feels on the racquet? You don't see the ball stopping to a grinding halt, sitting up to be hit after the bounce this year the way it was for the last few years. I don't know what made them suddenly speed up the courts again, but it is happening. Yesterday even on Court 17, a Janowicz bomb exploded so much that it literally flew off Anderson's outstretched racquet into neverland as he attempted a backhand return. THAT is a fast surface. You will really have to take that to ATP as to why they did that. But by repeatedly pretending that it's not true, you are only losing all credibility in this discussion.

Please answer these questions pointedly instead of making weasel-like accusations and beating around the bush.

P.S: And yes, believe it or not, I find it possible to watch the progress of upcoming players like Kyrgios eagerly even as I remain a Fed fan. When Safin broke on the scene, I was a Sampras fan but I was certainly excited about Safin. Kyrgios is much tougher mentally than either Raonic or Dimitrov though he lacks a bit of game in the groundies dept. He should hopefully win a slam one day. Sadly that doesn't fit into your binary hate/love classification of people and their viewpoints, I guess.
    Last edited by crimson king; 30th August 2014 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucic-Baroni, a one time Wimbledon semi finalist, beat Halep yesterday. The courts are showing all the signs of favouring players who hit big, attacking shots and finish points quickly rather than those who try to compensate for lack of power with movement and placement. The impact is not visible so much in ATP because the Big Four/Five play well enough not to get blown away easily by power hitters but in WTA, seeds are tumbling. There is all the evidence you need to know that the courts are fast this year...IF you want to see it rather than whine incessantly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucic-Baroni, a one time Wimbledon semi finalist, beat Halep yesterday. The courts are showing all the signs of favouring players who hit big, attacking shots and finish points quickly rather than those who try to compensate for lack of power with movement and placement. The impact is not visible so much in ATP because the Big Four/Five play well enough not to get blown away easily by power hitters but in WTA, seeds are tumbling. There is all the evidence you need to know that the courts are fast this year...IF you want to see it rather than whine incessantly.
    Of course,... I wonder how we can blame "you know who" and his uncle for that!!! hmmm... Give us some time, we will find a way...

Post Thanks / Like
    Righttttt, whatever. It is clear you are more interested in rhetoric, you are loathe to even acknowledge that I am right about the courts being fast. I am done. Do carry on with your bull-apologist 'jokes'.

Post Thanks / Like
    And yes, believe it or not, I find it possible to watch the progress of upcoming players like Kyrgios eagerly even as I remain a Fed fan.
    Of course; I knew that!!! Hmmm... How did I know that, I wonder!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, Bull did beat Fed even on the newly speedened up AO this year. More easily than 2012. Bull would beat him anywhere except maybe indoors where Fed's serve is too hard to retrieve and IIRC he beat him in the Year End Finals tournament in 2013. Letfie topspin serve on the backhand vallikudhu.

Post Thanks / Like
    you are loathe to even acknowledge that I am right
    Oh my God!!! Will you stop this silly discussion if I say you are right? Okay... here we go... "You are right..." WOW, What a relief!!! {I hope that is the end of it!!!]

Post Thanks / Like
    Then don't make silly apologist comments if you don't want to back them up. The earth doesn't go round the sun, I mean, the Bull, you know. You deserve this and then some for trying to pretend I was making it up without any basis whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Must be realllllllllyyyyy Harrrrrrdddd for rafa fans to see a 33 year old father of 4 kids being fit and playing a grandslam compared to a 28 year old (supposed to be in his prime) not playing a grandslam for dubious reasons!!!!.Hey don't shoot the messenger!
    I don't know how I missed this one! Of course... thanks to the help from ATP and the match-fixing mafia, our "senior citizen" continues to do well in the ATP tournaments!!! [Note: I am just joking! Don't want any trouble from the mafia!!!]