Page 14 of 202 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Forever

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Not this year though! Rafa wins it 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7, 9-7.

WOW! What a match!
    interesting match though..
    advance wishes to nadal for the final..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thala_rasigan View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22796191

Novak Djokovic says he can beat Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros
    Not this year though! Rafa wins it 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 6-7, 9-7.

WOW! What a match!

Post Thanks / Like
    Please read post #132 before #131! [Editing mix-up!]
    Last edited by raagadevan; 7th June 2013 at 09:51 PM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a match to enjoy, celebrate and recollect! This pair without any doubt the best! When they playing in court, no one can predict who is going to win! Its like a sign wave in a graph where heart beat of millions of millions of tennis fans playing a back ground music! Its treat!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    It will be an all-Spanish finals... Tsonga loses to Ferrer 1-6, 6-7, 2-6. Looked like Tsonga was under so much pressure (French national pride and expectation) that he could not rise up to the occasion!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    What a match to enjoy, celebrate and recollect! This pair without any doubt the best! When they playing in court, no one can predict who is going to win! Its like a sign wave in a graph where heart beat of millions of millions of tennis fans playing a back ground music! Its treat!
    You are right. There were were several occasions during the match that I felt Djokovic would win his first French Open; and of course Rafa could have won it earlier, in the 4th set! Really nail-biting!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    “It’s been an unbelievable match to be a part of, but all I can feel now is disappointment; that’s it,” Djokovic said. “I congratulate my opponent because he showed the courage in the right moments and went for his shots and, you know, when he was a break down in the fifth, he made some incredible shots from the baseline.

“I congratulate him because that’s why he’s a champion. That’s why he’s been ruling Roland Garros for many years, and for me it’s another year.”

“I gave my best; I really did,” Djokovic said. “I really tried to come back. The third set wasn’t great at all. I just dropped physically. He used it. I managed to come back and start playing really well as the match was going on, but it wasn’t good enough.”

Post Thanks / Like
    “It was an incredible match,” Nadal said. “To play against Novak is always something unusual. We push each other to the limit.”

Post Thanks / Like
    From Steffi's page:

I’m glad I taped today’s semifinal between Nadal and Djokovic because there are many points of the match that I will want to watch again. What an epic 5 set battle again from these incredible athletes! Nadal and Djokovic pushed each other, like so many times before, to their limits - both mentally and physical - in a match that could have gone either way at the end. Few words can capture the determination, guts and talent these 2 players showed, if you didn’t get a chance to watch, try to catch a replay. And now Nadal, who will be trying for his record 8th trophy at Roland Garros, plays a first time Grand Slam finalist 31-year old Ferrer. Ferrer, who played a superb tournament so far, kept his calm and deservedly beat Tsonga who unfortunately could not continue his great run in front of his home crowd.