Page 113 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting stat ...

"Only swiss players has beaten Novak since US open 2013".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another one ...

Stan's only win against Roger in 14 attempts has been in Monte Carlo in 2009.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    On current form, I would have to back Wawrinka. Fed is also coming into some form but his backhand side is significantly weaker than Wawrinka. On the flipside, he has won so many ATP 1000 titles so he knows what to do whereas Wawrinka might get overawed by the occasion.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    Nole clearly in terrible pain. Hopefully he gets better in time for RG at least. Great result for Fed. First Monte Carlo final featuring single handed backhand players on both sides since 2001 (Kuerten v/s Arazi).
    CK,

Now just rewind back to the comment from RF after his 2011 US SF loss to Nole.....
    Does it make sense to you now? (With Nole's latest wrist condition...)

Post Thanks / Like
    On current form, I would have to back Wawrinka. Fed is also coming into some form but his backhand side is significantly weaker than Wawrinka. On the flipside, he has won so many ATP 1000 titles so he knows what to do whereas Wawrinka might get overawed by the occasion.
    Fed definitely wants his compatriot to win his first Masters offcourse, but MC 1000 is something missing in his own cabinet, so it would be a good match.
    If Stan can play freely, he has the edge for sure, but often he gets a little subdued when playing his senior...
    But a dream final atleast for me & it is a win-win situation..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    CK,

Now just rewind back to the comment from RF after his 2011 US SF loss to Nole.....
    Does it make sense to you now? (With Nole's latest wrist condition...)
    Not at all. I don't see the relevance. So was there something wrong with RF's technique that he had a back injury last year?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not at all. I don't see the relevance. So was there something wrong with RF's technique that he had a back injury last year?
    He then said it is a lucky shot, may be that is how he is brought up (taking undue risks)...
    Federer was like, if that is what it requires to beat me, good for you....
    Fed will never do that & duely gets blamed for not showing intensity.....
    These players showing intensity is what causes them all these injuries.....

You are kidding with the back injury right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah sure...I was being sarcastic there to show you that you are making a false equivalence. You know even Agassi had wrist injuries, right? It's part and parcel of top level sport. So just because Djoko has had an injury doesn't mean what Fed said then were wise words uttered underneath some Bodhi tree. He was just being a sore loser, period. Fed must be one of the rare guys whose body is seemingly perfect for the game he plays (McGrath was another). Otherwise, even players with great technique like Graf have gone through injuries. Djoko used the intensity to hang in there at that time and turn tables on Fed in a match he was winning. It would be good for both you and Fed to just accept that and let it go.

Post Thanks / Like
    In his peak years, Fed himself used to orchestrate the crowd after his tweeners fell in, as if he was 100% sure they would be WINNERS. Djoko was just extracting subtle vengeance at US Open and that obviously found its mark and didn't go down well with Fed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna be good tomorrow..Didnt see the match. So can't comment as to how the match went about and on Djokovic's injury and how it affected his play.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein