Page 161 of 202 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The adventures of Photoshopped Roger Federer in India

By Sheena McKenzie, for CNN - September 26, 2014

"When Swiss sports star Roger Federer announced he would be travelling to Delhi for the International Premier Tennis League later this year, he asked his 2.2 million followers not just for their holiday tips – but to send him there via Photoshop. They kindly obliged, imagining a fantastical Indian itinerary for the 17-time grand slam champion, including music..."

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/09/25/sp...rer/index.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Roger Federer: The renaissance of a ‘half-broken’ man

"All the more surprising because Federer must, over recent years, have grown used of hearing and reading that he is in decline, past his peak and, in this 30s, inevitably heading towards retirement."

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...lf-broken-man/

At this rate, Roger will be #1 (again) at the end of the year! Obviously, something or someone is helping... Keep it up Roger!

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa down and out. Nole's wife is expecting a baby. These circumstances are aiding the possibility of a first slamless (for that year) no.1 in ATP in ages. I am afraid it does not reflect very well on the health of the game. ATP is perhaps (or will be in the foreseeable future) in the same stage as Aus cricket was just after the golden age. The cupboard looks empty. I hope Kyrgios gets/stays serious (as applicable) and steps up. Maybe Luke Saville will eventually play well on grass, has a great netgame. I was just watching how young Fed bearded the champ Sampras in his own den. Only Kyrgios beating Nadal at Wimb comes to mind for something similar and with due respect, neither were the conditions as fast as 2001 nor did Nadal play as well as Sampras did that day. I recall that Fed too was very temperamental in his early days and can only hope that Kyrgios too will settle down in the next few years. But his game is not nearly as complete as even the 19 year old version of Fed at any rate. The 'real' weak era is upon us. We kind of need Nole to continue to take tennis seriously post wife's delivery and for a good few years at that, else be prepared for shitfests.

Post Thanks / Like
    Marin Cilic beats Roberto Bautista Agut 6-4, 6-4 to win the Kremlin Cup.
    Andy Murray beats David Ferrer 5-7, 6-2, 7-5 and wins the Erste Bank Open (Vienna).

Post Thanks / Like
    ...and Tomas Berdych wins the Stockholm Open beating Grigor Dimitrov 4-7, 6-4, 6-4.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In, other news you know who withdraws from WTF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tweet from Novak:

Novak Djokovic@DjokerNole

Stefan, our baby angel was born! I am so proud of my beautiful wife Jelena! Thank you so much for your love and support. We love you all!!!

3:29 AM - 22 Oct 2014

10. Likes rajeshkrv liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Young Coric up against Nadal today. Baby Fed takes on Olderer in the other quarter. Expect the old guns to trump.

Post Thanks / Like
    Goffin beat Raonic in three. Basically the guy with the better shots beat the guy with the better serve. Raonic served reasonably well but leaked errors in the rallies at a rate that would have made Sharapova blush. I have been waiting, like many others I am sure, for Goffin to break through. Maybe this is the moment. He has great variety and is tactically way ahead of Raonic or Dimitrov. It's a question of how long he can hang out with the big boys, being so frail.