Page 172 of 202 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murray could pip Djoko at the post this time. As in the 2013 Wimb final, Djoko might just be rather drained after a long drawn out semi and struggle to slug it out against Murray. Murray has shown more aggressive intent than usual, esp against Berdych. If he carries that into the final, Djoko could have his work cut out.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to Novak Djokovic for winning his 8th Grand Slam! He deserved this win, as he is the best player currently on the ATP tour.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...ic-Murray.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    India'd Leander Paes wins his 15th Grand Slam Trophy

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...les-Final.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    This was probably the most attacking, entertaining of their recent GS encounters say from the 2011 AO final onwards. Which may not be saying much but still it was good to see both guys try to take the net away. Makes sense since both are evenly matched from the baseline so neither holds the ace from the back court. That probably also caught Murray a bit off guard and his usual reliance on attritional tennis was ultimately not nearly enough to beat Djoko.

Djoko draws level with Connors and Agassi with this win. The double digit club beckons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nadal's Risky Wardrobe Manoeuvre

Source: ATP News; February 20, 2015 & Youtube

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...al-Shorts.aspx

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nasal lost to Foggini in Rio semi final.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Nasal lost to Foggini in Rio semi final.
    Well... As you say, "Nasal lost to Foggini in the Rio semi final"! Remember; "Nasal" played his quarterfinal match until 3:18 a.m. (the game started at 2:00 am on Saturday night), and he had to play his semifinal against "Foggini" at 7:00 pm on the same day (Saturday)! If this was the fate of the player that some people call the "G.O.A.T", you and ¾ of the world would have cried out that it was a "conspiracy" by and between the tournament organizers, the ATP, Vladimir Putin, Narendra Damodardas Modi, Sonya Gandhi and of course Kim Jong Un!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shabba nasal was a typo ...i thought it was an upset and worth news to share here ...can't help if u expected it already !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. This kind of scheduling is unacceptable. Even if Nadal is only complaining because he was at the receiving end, it's still a legitimate point to make. I do not know of too many other games where players are repeatedly forced to bear the brunt of scheduling going wrong. And let's not blame players for playing out long matches and thus indirectly stretching schedules. Back in the day when Wimbledon was fast, there was no retractable roof and matches would get held up and then restarted whenever possible. Can't imagine players gaining any kind of rhythm in such circumstances.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roger Federer apologizes for the picture of him admiring the blue shirt of World Cup India (Cricket) team

"It was more of a Nike thing to be quite honest," said the Swiss star on the eve of the Dubai Open. "It was a Nike campaign they had because I met some of the Indian players and I had just spent some time in India so they presented the shirt to me." "I support South Africa, and everybody knows that."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...w/46343638.cms