Page 178 of 202 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2012

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    At 27 and in the long run with fitness by his side, Djokovic is more poised to overhaul Federer's trophy count. Federer is at 84 in 33. Djokovic is 52 or 53 at 27.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    This clay season is going to be very interesting. If Nadal drops out of the top four, there is a 25 percent chance that he could meet Federer or Djokovic in the quarters itself. I wonder if Djokovic would prefer facing him at an earlier stage than the final. The pressure of a finale might get to him. But all said and done, this is the year for Djokovic to get the coveted RG title, I feel. He's playing like a dream, the field is weak which guarantees him a place in the final if he plays to potential.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Federer did a stupid thing by defeating djokovic in 2011. He was in awesome form then.

Coming to this year, Form wise i think it will be Novak. But then again when it comes to clay grandslams and 5 setters my money would be on Nadal.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajithfederer View Post
    Yes. Federer did a stupid thing by defeating djokovic in 2011.
    Siva sivaa... enna solreengO? Federer doing a "stupid" thing? அப்படி எதுவும் நடக்காது, நடக்கவும் கூடாது!! He is almost like God almighty! How can anyone use the word "stupid" in the same sentence that has Federer's name in it?

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, tomorrow's final match in Barcelona will feature reigning champion and first seeded (ranked 5th in the world) Kei Nishikori who defeated unseeded (ranked 28th in the world) Martin Kližan; and unseeded (ranked 66th in the world) Pablo Andujar who defeated 3rd seeded (ranked 8th in the world) David Ferrer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Federer did a stupid thing by defeating djokovic in 2011. He was in awesome form then.

Coming to this year, Form wise i think it will be Novak. But then again when it comes to clay grandslams and 5 setters my money would be on Nadal.
    At 27 and in the long run with fitness by his side, Djokovic is more poised to overhaul Federer's trophy count. Federer is at 84 in 33. Djokovic is 52 or 53 at 27.
    Djokovic does have a shot. But I feel this achievement in the making is still a long way off from even being discussed. Probably after 2016. As far as this clay court season is concerned, Nadal is still the favourite albeit not by much of a distance though since Djokovic comes a close second and I find no one else to be in the picture. I want Federer to win Roland Garros but critically speaking, his chances are minimal if not zilch. Federer could have taken the FO'11 to a decider. Had a break in the first, let it go, lost the set and was looking down the barrel after that. He played well actually. Just not enough to get him over the line.
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Mutua Madrid Open draw-

“You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Nadal/Murray/Berdych and Nishikori into madrid semis

Post Thanks / Like
    1. He is motivated
    2. He is Fit
    3. He has age on his side.

He will be only 28 this May. And he has another good 3-4 playing years with him and i cant see much competition coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Djokovic does have a shot. But I feel this achievement in the making is still a long way off from even being discussed. Probably after 2016. As far as this clay court season is concerned, Nadal is still the favourite albeit not by much of a distance though since Djokovic comes a close second and I find no one else to be in the picture. I want Federer to win Roland Garros but critically speaking, his chances are minimal if not zilch. Federer could have taken the FO'11 to a decider. Had a break in the first, let it go, lost the set and was looking down the barrel after that. He played well actually. Just not enough to get him over the line.
    Last edited by ajithfederer; 9th May 2015 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a dream that Djokovic is winning the first 3 slams this year. Lets see how right/wrong I am.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Fed failed to meet Nadal in the Rome semis but it didn't turn out the way it was expected. Fed beat Berdych while Nadal played pretty horrid tennis to lose to Wawrinka.