Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Significance of the Tamil New Year

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aravindhan
    When I lived in Thailand, I was amazed by how similar their calender was to ours. Here're the names of their months (more or less, I may have made some small mistakes):

Makara khom
    Kumpha yon
    Meena khom
    Mesa yon
    Phuthsapha khom
    Mithuna yon
    Karakada khom
    Singhaa khom
    Kanyaa yon
    Tulaa khom
    Phruthsadyika yon
    Thanwa khom

The months are now synchronised to the western calender (so Makara khom is identical to January). However, their traditional New Year's day - "songkran" - usually falls on approximately the same day as the Tamil varudapirappu.
    Thailand, I think still follows Sanaathana Dharma
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber srivatsan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would recommend to call it "New Year" Instead of Tamil New year, though, it is anybody's personal wish to call it by any name they want...

Though, people from different state observes different new year,1st day of Chitra month shd be observed as the New Year for the country, for the following reason. In the month of chithra or Mesha masa, Sun, who is called as "aatma karakan" is in his exaltation or Uccha sthanam...Sun being atma karakan, takes care of one's self confidence and one's own personality.

There is a saying that, if in horoscope, Sun is in a good position, even if other planets are not in good position, it will be balanced by the Sun's power...So if new year is officially observed on this the Day when Sun is in his Exaltation, it willbe good for the Nation...
    DHARMO RAKSHATHI RAKSHITHA:

A typical Indian Cultural forum! www.samskruthi.org

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RELEGATING THE SCIENTIFIC TAMILIAN SYSTEM

...Funny British-Calendar!!

I reiterate ... that ONLY IN THE SYSTEM OF TAMIL-CALENDAR, the duration of the year and months... are completed within the same year...

... and NOT CARRIED OVER for correction in future.... like LEAP-YEAR in the English-Calendar.... or...

...ADHIKA-MAASAM as the 13th month in some years...according to Kannada and Telugu-New Year Calculations and so on.

According to Tamilian-system of Calendar, the Sun's movement in relation to Earth and Moon is exactly reckoned for each Tamil-month, during which period the Sun resides in the same house... the duration of which varying as 29 to 32 days...

So to say... in the month of Chiththirai ...the Sun is positioned in one and the same house Mesham(Aries).... between zero to 30 degrees of full orbit 360 degrees of one cycle....

...and similarly when the Sun is placed in the 2nd house...Rishaba..... between 30 to 60 degrees...the whole period of stay there is calculated as Vaikaasi. month...

... the name of the Month coinciding with the Pournami-day on the Visakam Star-day.... thus linking Sun and the Moon's movements on that month.... Similar case is applicable for all other Tamil-months too, linking with the respective Pournami- Star-day of the month

So the Horoscopes calculated on the basis of TAMIL-PANCHANGAM renders the Correct ones,.. unlike any other Calendar-Basis of the World... which may sometimay cause error... in the ultimate outcome.

Consequently the Astrological-predictions as well as Astronomical- forecasts can be more accurate and radically precise upto the minute second... only as per Tamil-Calendar.

The most significant, unconvincing and baseless factor discerning the English and Tamil-calendars... is the.... Commencement of each day... so to say 00-00 Hrs..

According to Tamil-calendar basis.... everyday is reckoned to start from the TIME OF SUNRISE....which no doubt varies from place to place and day to day also....

...which particulars are furnished in the Tamilian- Panchaangam daily.

In this respect, all the Indian- Panchaangams of the other Indian-regions too follow the same practice of Sunrise-time as the Zero hour of the day.

Whereas according to English-calendar... the day starts on the MIDNIGHT of previous Night-Hours..! ....

...Why Not Mid-Noon? ...Or other time?.. Why so?...On what basis and Scientific-logic?

No justification.... .but just a BASELESS STIPULATION!...

So for example.... if a child is born at 03-am on the night in between a Thursday the 14th and Friday the 15th...

...Its DATE OF BIRTH.... VARIES according to English and Tamil- Calendars.

...as Friday the 15th, as per English-calendar.... whereas it will be Thursday the 14th, as per Tamil-Calendar basis....

Is it NOT FUNNY.?....Since the date itself varies....for the Rudimentary factor even.

However the Whole World is following such a Day & Date-System... UNSCIENTIFICALLY and ILLOGICALLY...

... SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS the BRITISH..the most popular!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky-day for SUCCESS: Significance of TAMIL-NEW YEAR.!

Dear Friends... If you are a BELIEVER IN AUSPICIOUS TIMINGS AND DAYS...

.. And if you have any Important and Great Life-time Ambition or Scheme or Plan to START...

...Well, it is the best opportunity to make a Beginning today at a good time...

Since the Significance of Tamil-New Year is... the day of SUCCESS...

Hence the Hindu-Keralites celebrate this day as Vishu-festival day... (with a unique custom of looking at the mirror... first at the early morning)....the Reflection of Fruits and other fertile Rich Substances, alongside God's picture.... praying for SUCCESS for the whole of ensuing year.

Same day is the New year day for the Hindu- Bengalis too... in the name of "NABA-BARSHA"...

And as BIHU by Assamese... and as BAISAKI festivals of Hariyana, Punjab and Himachal-Pradesh.

They too pray on this day for the ensuing year of Success.

Because Astrologically speaking... today the April-14th...the planet Sun changes House from Meenam the Guru's own House ...to the next House, Mesham, the Sun's exaltment(Uccha) House.

Both the Planets Guru(Jupiter) and Soorya(Sun) are the most important planets to render Success in ones Life.

So the influence of both these Good planets will be available to us in our Inaugural activities towards the future.

Wishing one and all of You.... the SUCCESSFUL NEW YEAR....from today the April-14... Yaavarum Kaelhir.!!!

Anban,
    Sudhaama.

Senior Member Regular Hubber Eelavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome in the year 5107 !!
    Admire God through your life.

The creator is the creation himself..

http://vedamu.org/Mathematics/vedicmathematics.asp

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Funny British Calendar

Dear Sir,

Your reasoning is correct, but conclusion that 'Funny bristish calendar' could be wrong. Or we have missed the point.

I always think British are Cunning, so with this mind if you look at this problem, Midnight in UK is 0530 hours in India. (sun does rise at this time in summer times & we do not have daylight saving hours but UK does have)
    So probably they copied our calendar and then made Greenwich as
    the reference.

As you know UK is at a North Latitude I am sure they cannot make
    good observations of sun as we near the equator can do.

So if u look down in this line may be you will appreciate that they are smart & cunning.
    On the other hand we are still looking more on the astrological side of it instead of applying it in astronomical point of view.
    Am doing more study in this matter and will update with more info
    as I find out.

Mylai

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama

I reiterate ... that ONLY IN THE SYSTEM OF TAMIL-CALENDAR, the duration of the year and months... are completed within the same year...

... and NOT CARRIED OVER for correction in future.... like LEAP-YEAR in the English-Calendar.... or...

...ADHIKA-MAASAM as the 13th month in some years...according to Kannada and Telugu-New Year Calculations and so on.

According to Tamilian-system of Calendar, the Sun's movement in relation to Earth and Moon is exactly reckoned for each Tamil-month, during which period the Sun resides in the same house... the duration of which varying as 29 to 32 days...

So to say... in the month of Chiththirai ...the Sun is positioned in one and the same house Mesham(Aries).... between zero to 30 degrees of full orbit 360 degrees of one cycle....

...and similarly when the Sun is placed in the 2nd house...Rishaba..... between 30 to 60 degrees...the whole period of stay there is calculated as Vaikaasi. month...

... the name of the Month coinciding with the Pournami-day on the Visakam Star-day.... thus linking Sun and the Moon's movements on that month.... Similar case is applicable for all other Tamil-months too, linking with the respective Pournami- Star-day of the month

So the Horoscopes calculated on the basis of TAMIL-PANCHANGAM renders the Correct ones,.. unlike any other Calendar-Basis of the World... which may sometimay cause error... in the ultimate outcome.

Consequently the Astrological-predictions as well as Astronomical- forecasts can be more accurate and radically precise upto the minute second... only as per Tamil-Calendar.

The most significant, unconvincing and baseless factor discerning the English and Tamil-calendars... is the.... Commencement of each day... so to say 00-00 Hrs..

According to Tamil-calendar basis.... everyday is reckoned to start from the TIME OF SUNRISE....which no doubt varies from place to place and day to day also....

In this respect, all the Indian- Panchaangams of the other Indian-regions too follow the same practice of Sunrise-time as the Zero hour of the day.

Whereas according to English-calendar... the day starts on the MIDNIGHT of previous Night-Hours..! ....

...Why Not Mid-Noon? ...Or other time?.. Why so?...On what basis and Scientific-logic?

So for example.... if a child is born at 03-am on the night in between a Thursday the 14th and Friday the 15th...

...as Friday the 15th, as per English-calendar.... whereas it will be Thursday the 14th, as per Tamil-Calendar basis....

Is it NOT FUNNY.?....Since the date itself varies....for the Rudimentary factor even.

However the Whole World is following such a Day & Date-System... UNSCIENTIFICALLY and ILLOGICALLY...

Best Regards
    Mylai

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Funny British Calendar

- Tamilian-Calendar: BEST SCIENTIFIC SYSTEM Globally.!

Quote Originally Posted by MylaiMalumi

Dear Sir,...Your reasoning is correct, but conclusion that 'Funny bristish calendar' could be wrong. Or we have missed the point.

I always think British are Cunning, so with this mind if you look at this problem, Midnight in UK is 0530 hours in India. (sun does rise at this time in summer times & we do not have daylight saving hours but UK does have)

So probably they copied our calendar and then made Greenwich as
    the reference.

As you know UK is at a North Latitude I am sure they cannot make
    good observations of sun as we near the equator can do.

So if u look down in this line may be you will appreciate that they are smart & cunning.

On the other hand we are still looking more on the astrological side of it instead of applying it in astronomical point of view.

Am doing more study in this matter and will update with more info
    as I find out.

Mylai

Quote Originally Posted by Sudhaama

Dear Mylai-malumi,

I am sorry, you have not caught my point.

My comment ... IN RELATION TO TAMIL-CALENDAR...is only on the Various popular International Calendars...

... especially on the current British Calendar... which has become the INTERNATIONAL CALENDAR.

... superseding over the erstwhile Roman-Calendar.

Calendar and the related factors of Year and Month commencement timings and date...

... are all within the precincts of ASTRONOMY.... Not Astrology.

No doubt... Astrology is entirely dependant on Astronomy.

I am unable to understand what you mean as British-cunningness.

...Cunningness of anybody has nothing to do here.

And also... your point on G.M.T and 5-30 hours difference between India and UK... I am unable to understand.

What are you arriving at... related to British-calendar?

My comment on Calendars... PERTAINS TO THE WHOLE GLOBE...

... irrespective of any country... including India and UK.

The great founders of British-Calendar had missed several basic points, relevant.

.. Consequently constant confusion in all the aspects... including the Western-Astrology

... as also Astronomy.. which is based on British Calendar system

Please go through my earlier postings here in detail.. which can render a clear picture of my Reasoning and Conclusion..

I am glad to know that you are doing Indepth study / Research on the subject.

Well... in such a case, I suggest you to study on the

...Rudiments of Tamil-Calendar... in contrast and Comparison to the other popular Calendars.

I am sure... You will agree with me... how best the Tamil-Calendar System is...for Astronomy...

... as well as for Astrology and such other Inter-related Subjects too.

In any case... Fundamentally... for having the Mid-night 00-00 Hours as the Daily Commencement time ... for every Date...

... there is NO LOGIC.!... NOR SCIENTIFIC REASONING.!!..But Only CONFUSIONS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Brought forward for the benefit of the new Readers

Senior Member Devoted Hubber devapriya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamil New Year Names

Weather all this names are Tamil? Why Tamil new year names are not in Tamil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamil New Year Names

[quote="devapriya"]Weather all this names are Tamil? Why Tamil new year names are not in Tamil[/quote

Good Question... All such Rudimentary factors and Questions... I have already clarified elaborately.

However in brief...

Tamil-Calendar is the ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD...

... where the Greatest Planet... by Religion and Science... the SUN...

... and the Most Earthly Planet... by Religion and Science.. the MOON ...

... are directly and well-involved... in its composition and framing. How?

Tamil-Calendar is based on SOORYA-MANA...reckoned on the movement of Sun...

... (adopted by Tamilians, Malayalees and Bengalis)

...unlike CHANDRA-MANA...reckoned on the movement of Moon

... (adopted by Telugus, Kannadigas and North Indians except Bengalis)

So by Tamil-Calendar... the commencement of the Year... SYNCHRONISES .. with the Zero degree of Astronomical calculations of 360 degrees of Orbit of Earth around Sun.

It also synchronises with the Time of Sun's entry into its most powerful and nearest position to Earth...

...Scientifically and by Religious Treatises like Puranas and Sasthras like Astrology as well...

...being its Exalted status (Ucha) in Mesha-Rasi... called CHITHIRAI MONTH.

Thus when the Earth completes one cycle around the Sun... One Year is EXACTLY COMPLETE...

...Unlike any OTHER CALENDAR IN THE WORLD.!!!

And each and every Tamil month is Complete... when the Earth completes its Onward-movement of every Segment of 30 degrees (Planetary House as per Astrology)... around the Sun.

Thus the Sun is given highest importance... as practically applicable too in Life.

Why the Names of Tamil-Years and some of the Months are NOT TAMIL?

While the Sun is linked in the Tamil-Calendar...Moon also is linked in another manner indirectly.

The Star-day when POURNAMI of the month occurs.. has been named for the respective month.

So to say... for example... the Pournami day in the month of Chithirai... occurs on the day of Chithirai Star.

Vaikasi month - Visakam Star
    Aani month - Swathi Star ... (Aani is another name of Swathi star)
    Karthikai month - Karthikai Star

Not all the names of the Tamil- Months are Sanskrit... but the names Aani, Aadi, Aavanhi, Purattaasi, Aippasi, Maargazhi, Thai, Maasi... are pure Tamil... linked with Pounami-Star of the month.

All the Hindus... (irrespective of Linguistic and other factors of segmentations)... do not consider Sanskrit as alien to them...

... Similar to Musilims use Arabic names, and Christians use Hebrew-names and Terminologies.

So all Vedic-followers name as... Karuna-kara, Daya-nidhi, Devi-dasa, Krupa and so on in Sanskrit too... apart from their respective mother-tongue

Soorya-mana followers including Tamilians celebrate all their Holy celebrations of the family... especially Marriages..

... during Day-time as...SOORYA-SAAKSHI... being Sun as the Visible Divine Witness.

While Chandra-mana followers.. including Telugus and Hindiites celebrate the Marriages...

... during Night as ...CHANDRA-SAAKSHI... being Moon as the Visible Divine-Witness

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast