Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Maryan || Dhanush || Bharath Bala

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    kadal rasa -yuvan kaalera thookivittukalam!excellent work!

sonapareeya -savadi sanggu!tamil-la romba naalachu intha mathiri oru song thalaiovar pottu!

ippallem song duration kammi aagite varuthu!new trend???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    mariyaan music review

So, we have Dhanush and AR Rahman coming together for the first time. But this is about Dhanush and AR Rahman. What makes this album so special is the combination of Bharatbala and AR Rahman.

Bharatbala was the brains behind ARR’s famous 1997 patriotic album Vante Mataram, and their relationship stretches for a long time- just that it was never displayed in a mainstream movie as Bharatbala was yet to direct his first feature movie- until Maryan that is.

Regardless, AR Rahman has given a stonking, high original album for Bharatbala that competes tit-for-tat with ARR’s brilliant work for Mani Ratnam in Kadal. Similarities cannot be missed, because just like Kadal, this film too is about a man from the fishing community and his travails.

But yet ARR gives this album such a distinct flavour that it stands out on its own- none of these songs remind you directly Kadal songs- and that’s not to say whether they are better or worse. They are just incomparable but equally as good.

Now that is a testament to AR Rahman.

Nenje Yezhu (AR Rahman)

There are some emotions, some spirit, some passion, that only the voice and the musical touch of AR Rahman can evoke. Nenje Yezhu sets the album starting with a sense of brimming positivity that concurs with the theme of Maryan- the perseverance of one man. The song is about a man clinging on to the hope of love, and about how love offers the only reprieve even though despite all the hardships that the man faces. ARR did Vanthe Mataram for Bharatbala, and I am sure in the annals of time, this song will be remembered for generations to come when they look for inspiration and magic. Pure ARR territory.

I Love my Africa (Blaaze and AR Rahman)

This is a bit of a South American fusion and elements dazzled along with African elements to churn out a number with a distinct flavour to it. The song at times appears to be your typical introduction to a new country number that leaves next to no impression, but something about the arrangements and Blaaze’s presence make this number quite catchy when you listen to it on its own- though its almost a certainty it will have very limited time on the screen.

Yenga Ponna Raasa (Saktishree Gopalan and AR Rahman)

Saktishree Gopalan is at it again. But this is nowhere near the same as Nenjukulle from Kadal. This is a typical AR Rahman slow poison- its like a seaside ballad with minimal percussions, that picks up soul as it builds up momentum slowly. The middle stanza has ARR’s genius stamped all over it- and Sakthishree is quickly but surely making a household name for herself. What a singer this woman is. While she brought out the love of a woman so well in Nenjukulle, she expresses the pain of a stricken lover with such aptness in her voice. Another great ARR find, needless to say.

Kadal Raasa Naan (Yuvan Shankar Raja)

Well, this is not something you get often- Yuvan Shankar Raja singing a song for AR Rahman, for Dhanush’s dancing pleasure. To be honest, Kaadal Raasa Naan starts in very untypical AR Rahman manner- its quite run of the mill, but just when you get that impression- the song is thrown into a medley mixture to portray a man’s life as a fisherman. Yes, the theme, setting, and the purpose sounds very similar to Elay Keechan from Kadal- but this song was meant for Dhanush’s feet to do the dancing- and it’s as catchy as you would expect it would be. With ARR’s quirky tunes added in the middle- you will walk away remembering this number for some time. Thumbs up!

Sonapareeya (Javed Ali and Haricharan)

Right after Kadal Raasa Naan, the catchy tunes continue with Sonapareeya, a song that absolutely takes off from the word go! It sounds like it has very little special going for it, but you can’t avoid tapping your feet along with the song as it grows. Haricharan and Javed Ali are quite a stunning combination- and they infuse such infectious energy into this song that it will leaves quite a mark on you too. Definitely matches the Kadal Raasa Naan energy, though as you would expect ARR- both these songs may fall in the same genre- but they sound nowhere near the same!

Netru Aaval Irundhal (Vijay Prakash and Chinmayi)

The first time I listened to this number while working, I could not understand why Dhanush singled out this number as his pick from the album. I wanted to be sure about this number before I wrote this review, and I was right. There are one of those songs when you just let yourself go to bask in its magic. If you have loved Moongil Thottam from Kadal, you will know what I am talking about. It’s a beautiful duet ballad, and Vijay Prakash is in impeccable form here- it’s easily among the best numbers he has ever sung. Chinmayi compliments him with such succulent perfection. Once you get a hang of this, you won’t get enough of it.

Masterpiece.

Innum Konja Neram (Vijay Prakash and Shweta Mohan)

A pretty perfect antithesis to this album. This slow, catchy, carefree song is a simple number about a guy appealing to his girlfriend that he wants more time to spend with her. That’s what the album will leave you with- it grows with a wave of a momentum and gets to a point of magical touch where you are left asking for more.

But there’s not just enough to satisfy your thirst- but that’s not to say it falls short in any way. It would be a travesty to say something like that. This album is just like this song- beautiful, innocent, and just not long enough to quench all your thirst.

This is one of the most pure Tamil albums AR Rahman has come up with in a long time, and it proves that if given the freedom to just compose a mixture of love-personal perseverance songs for an movie that would ride highly on his music, he would weave magic!

Who said the nothing beats the ARR of the 90s? Adapt your ears and find the magic between these lines, especially in Netru Aaval Irundha.

Rating: 9/10

http://www.ramyuva.com/tag/mariyaan-music-review/

Post Thanks / Like
    'Maryan' Music Review: AR Rahman creates magic again

Ace film director Bharatbala's 'Maryan' is a much awaited release. There are huge expectations attached to the film. Recently, the music of the film was launched and has been liked by the audiences. The single track 'Nenje Ezhu' composed and sung by AR Rahman has become a popular chartbuster in the South.

Music Director: AR Rahman

Singers: AR Rahman, Vijay Prakash, Swetha Menon, Chinmayee, Javed Ali, Haricharan, Shakti Sree Gopalan, Blaaze, Yuvan Shankar Raja, Nakash Aziz, Youth Choir.

\'Maryan\' will feature Dhanush and Parvati Menon in lead roles. The film is directed by Bharat Bala.

Rating: 4/5

I Love My Africa

The first track in the album is one of the easiest way to land in Africa without actually having to travel the distance. The beats bring up the flavor of the African continent. Opening on a majestic note, the song is full of patriotism, celebrating the spirit of the African continent.

AR Rahman has sung the song 'I love my Africa, Welcome to Africa' in his magical voice, it is almost similar to the energy and vigour that we all felt in his 'Vande Maataram'. But only those two lines, barring a few more, are in English, while all the other lines are not quite understandable, being in Afrikaans, but each and every note is thoroughly enjoyable.

Innum Konjam Neram

This song is soul steering, it is a sweet duet in a conversational style with meaningful lyrics. The usage of strings in the signature music and trailing humming are purely magical.

Kadal Raasa Naan

This is for the first time music composer Yuvan Shankar Raja has sung for AR Rahman. He has given voice to 'Maryan' (Dhanush) in the film. The song 'Kadal Raasa Naan' that is descriptive in its character. The hero is stuck in a foreign land and sings this song to express his pain, struggle and anger in this song.

Naetru Aval Irundhal

After watching the trailer one can easily relate to the voice as Vijay has sung this song with immense dedication. He has delivered the very essence of the character who is seperated from his love and finds himself lonely. Penned down beautifully to suit the mood, the song has been excellently rendered in brilliant voices underlying emotions of longing to meet and the pain of separation. The use of strings and flute is very intelligent and adds to the emotion, striking the right notes.

Nenje Ezhu

The song is a popular number already among the audience. Beginning on a hopeful note and ending with a victorious emotion, the song is magical, and truly inspiring.The slow and steady rise in the strings from the background adds more colour to the race towards an alluring destination. The song stays on even long after one has heard it.

Sonapareeya

The song 'Sonapareeya' sung by Javed Ali is a light song with a lot of beats and foot tapping elements in it. The chorus adds to the emotions of the song. The beats of this song are also used in the trailer of the film. Usage of violins garners a lot of attraction in this song.

Enga Ponga Raasa

Though a short song with not many instruments, but gentle breezy guitar and keys sparingly, the song is packed with emotions, and is a beautiful package, that will remain close to every heart. We get to hear a different Shakthisree Gopalan in this song, from her previous hit 'Nenjukulla'. Starting on a note of search and ending in longing, we have yet another song from the same album, that can be related to one's own life.

Start to finish, the album is purely magical and would make for one of the most cherished repertoires. Coming from none less than the genius, the album sparks further curiosity and interest in the movie. In all, anyone would fall in love with 'Mariyaan'.

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/maryan-mu...31-71-180.html

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    Can't stop listening to Enga pona Rasa and Kadal Rasa. Innum konjam Yuvan voice-ai sari panni irukkalam.
    it does not feel like yuvan in any single syllable for me...
    total transition... but i cannot say it is good or bad yet...
    Sach is Life..

Post Thanks / Like
    now mariyaan become classic album for me!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Maryan Audio Launch

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Moods of Maryan – Music Review

Copied and pasted from: http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordp...-music-review/

I can’t decide which song I like the most but does that even matter?! If I play the deciding game then I’ll probably be delaying unnecessary time so it’s slightly fair to share my perspective on the audio of “Maryan” now!

I’ve noticed that liking a song hardly depends on the listener’s mood and in fact a person’s mood could be sombre but as soon as they hear a peppy song they feel at ease. However, there are also people who will exclusively only listen to songs that reflect their mood.

The moods created by “Maryan” songs range greatly i.e. the hyper and full of energy “I Love My Africa” follows the mellifluous and soft “Enga Pona Raasaa”. I don’t know what conclusion the Music Department arrive to in regards to the order of a track list. For e.g. I thought it was jarring to go from the former to the latter as I was deeply engulfed by former whilst the latter followed like an unwanted wake-up call. That said I’ve actually warmed up to the transition between each song in the album. I believe this is a very clever move on Rahman Ji’s/Music Department’s part. In the past Rahman Ji used to provide gargantuan mood transitions within in a song’s arrangement and now he is doing this for albums! As much as an aficionado I might seem I really think these transitions are there to cater for a wider number of listeners and I’m glad that “Maryan” has been accepted by the masses, classes and the critics.

I still sometimes feel skeptical about why some songs have been delivered in their way but thankfully the bastard critic inside me is on holiday. From a neutral POV it’s clear that the album just like the majority of Rahman Ji’s output exhibits a very sincere performance and whilst it’s not the greatest album it still deserves a place in the top 10 if not 5 greatest albums.

1. “Nenjae Ezhu” – There’s hardly a great deal of melodic variation here but the infinity no. of layers leaves us with a task of revisiting this number just to unearth these layers. On top of this you have Rahman Ji’s soaring emotive vocals which will make anyone want to sing along. Songs like this make you feel like running to Rahman Ji and giving him a tight hug!

2. “Innum Konjam” – A dreamy and feather like duet! It leaves us floating. Words will fail me in describing its beauty.

3. “Naetru Aval – Vintage material displaying a sound only exclusive to Rahman Ji! We have to hear at least one song like this is every Rahman Ji OST otherwise we will whinge like stubborn and spoilt children!

4. “Sonapareeya” – Killer beats N.B. Hearing specific songs on noise isolating headphones make it easy for us to decipher nuances but on the contrary for the first time EVER I couldn’t hear certain sounds on my headphones until I heard the song on my stereo/woofer. The low bass approximately between 20 and 40hz hits you wonderfully. It definitely deserves to be no. 1 in a “banging car tunes” playlist. Javed Ali’s acrobatic vocal portions sprinkle a dessert of Indian flavours.

5. “Enga Pona Raasaa” – The humming portions make one feel as if they’ve skipped a heartbeat. The song truly captures your attention and plays with your emotions. In this playfield of emotions you might just end up in a never ending trance of hypnosis. This song will make a sane person insane and an insane person sane.

6. “I Love My Africa” – Djembes, Djunduns and other percussions flourish. This safari tour is for all ages. If I were to describe this song in one word then it would be cute.

7. “Kadal Raasa Naan” – This song probably has one of the best preludes in Rahman Ji’s discography. Rahman Ji has attempted a “Dappan koothu”, he isn’t keen on composing these type of songs but makes an exception here and delivers a joyful experience.

Bharat Bala does a wonderful job at extracting the songs. Rahman Ji gets the singers right and whilst it’s not his forte composing certain genres he nevertheless proves us wrong and surpasses our expectations once again. He has tried new sounds and experimented with sounds that appeal to the mass. All in all these sounds sum up the album as unique and heartwarming.

Happy Listening!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemaster1982 View Post
    Can't stop listening to Enga pona Rasa and Kadal Rasa. Innum konjam Yuvan voice-ai sari panni irukkalam.
    Clarifications please

You meant, ARR could have processed Yuvan's voice better? Or, you meant, yuvan could have done it better?
    யுவன் இசை ராஜா...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast