Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raanjhnaa || Dhanush & Sonam || Anand L Rai

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raanjhanaa's music is rustic and urbane, says AR Rahman

After hearing whole songs wat arr say's 100% true!!!

another wonderfull classical and modern album!superb!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nazar Laaye louly..Loved all the songs except for that jazz number..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    piya milege,ay shaki huh,tum mun shudi,banarasi woow...!!!speechless!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    piya milenge terrror song-nga
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    eagerly waiting for tamil version 'ambikapaty'!!!another surprice for tamil music lovers!sure!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    thx. anand for the link...

Post Thanks / Like
    Raanjhanaa (Music review), Hindi – A R Rahman
    Posted by Karthik
    Almost no song in Raanjhanaa seems to follow familiar conventions, but they all flow so well and cohesively! The title song is heady, with lively violins and spritely sitar playing along with Shiraz Uppal and Jaswinder Singh’s enthusiastic vocals; Rahman gives his singers delightful rapid-fire lines. Shreya Ghoshal’s mastery over her voice gets a new facet in Banarasiya, a beautiful, free-flowing brew of sitar and Irshad Kamil’s earthy lyrics, topped by her scintillating vocals (supported by Meenal Jain and Anweshaa).

Rahman’s free-flowing mix takes on a new height in the longest song of the album, Piya milenge, in the dependable voice of Sukhwinder Singh, and particularly, KMMC Sufi Ensemble. It encompasses everything from Irshad’s stirring verses, religious hymns, Hindustani classical phrases and ends on a brilliant high! Ay sakhi‘s foursome Madhushree, Chinmayi, Vaishali and Aanchal Sethi seem to be having great fun amidst punchy tabla and ghatam, and a generous dose of playful singing. In Tum tak, Rahman teases us with a tune that replicates itself between his imagination and Javed Ali’s lead vocals, into something of a fervent prayer. The song is ably supported by Keerthi Sagathia and Pooja, and takes on an exciting turn mid-way to great effect! The instrumental piece, The land of Shiva is appropriately rousing.

The remaining 3 tracks are considerably more modern. Nazar laaye is light and frothy pop, again with a really long mukhda, breaking templates with irreverent delight, and fabulously sung by Rashid Ali and Neeti Mohan. Tu mun shudi sees Rabbi break the familiar flow created by Rahman’s hook, set to a perky techno background. Aise na dekho rounds off the soundtrack with a feathery jazz’ish sound even as Rahman nonchalantly covers his ground with vocals to deliver Irshad’s highly imaginative lines! Raanjhanaa is the hyper-imaginative Rahman, after a long time!

Keywords: Raanjhanaa, A R Rahman, 300, #300, ‘I told you this guy will give Raanjhanaa a 300 to compensate for Maryan’, ’300 is too much!’

Note: Raanjhanaa is only the 5th 300 worder in Milliblog for the sheer audacity of Rahman to break every familiar tune flow in almost every song, and to a heady effect!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2013/06/...hman/#comments

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Catchy songs! Will buy the CD for sure.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raanjhanaa, after two days of listening, admittedly is one of ARR's best Hindi albums. If you play Maryan and Raanjhanaa to someone alien to Indian music, it would be hard to convince him that both albums were composed by the same man. poles apart they are.

I can hardly think of any other composer who can manage anything close to Piya Milenge. Perfect justice to Sukhi who returns to ARR after a brief hiatus. Welcome back Sukhi. Wish you croon more for ARR.

Banarasiya proves why SG is the most sought after Singer in the country now. How does she make singing look so easy? I havent heard much of Lata Mangeshkar. For me, SG is the best female singer of my gen.

Aisa Na Dekho and Tu Mun Shudi are typical ARR numbers. While the first one looks like a twin of JTYJN title track, the second one is highly energetic and fresh.

Still didn't get into the Rashid Ali number. Have been skipping it. I know, just like many instances, it would end up as the best of best after sometime.

Choice of singers is top notch. Be it the seasoned Shreya,Sukhi or the budding Anwesha,Pooja, ARR has used them to perfection.

Raanjhanaa is here to stay. Hope ARR collaborates often with Aanand L Railway. Looks like he has a good taste for music.

P.S: Disagreeing with milliblog on his review of Maryaan. It deserved more. Hailing Raanjhanaa with a 300 word review doesnt wash away his sins..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Commercial value of Raanjhanaa (OST)

Raanjhanaa has eight full songs and a bit instrumental and the overall sound is very Indian. In reality there is roughly 1,000 Indian films made per annum across the country so you can gather how much music is released as well. Superficially, Raanjhanaa is bound with attention because of India’s household leading music artist, A.R. Rahman’s association with this project, therefore people can’t ignore the OST even if they wanted to. As an artist, he has covered, Advertisements, Film Music, Theatre Music and Private albums and there’s no denying that he has become a sort of global phenomena. In the Nineties, there literally was no stopping him as his music had precipitated perfectly in every Indian’s system. He started his career by playing and arranging for other artists as well as being a part of a band. His sound was fresh almost no emulation although his work projected a “Michael Jackson” kind of Pop sound but despite that he had his own experimentation stamp which could only be felt and not described. He certainly had a vivid direction.

It has been twenty years since he’s official been under the media limelight, he expresses he’s an introvert but most people don’t mind as they respect him more for his philosophical views and music. Conversely, there are those who don’t like to accept the change he has brought in Indian Film Music. It would be pretty doggone to question his talent but that said even some of his hardcore followers have recently drifted apart from accepting his current output.

His story is simple, he started with Tamil Films, moved to Hindi Films, moved to Theatre, done some foreign films and has started venturing into Hollywood e.g. Slumdog Millionnaire. He is now balancing his career over all these areas. Despite his accolades and busy schedule he has maintained a humble persona.

Without dwelling too much on comparisons, we will now evaluate the commercial value of Raanjhanaa and where this Music Director stands.

Two singles were released from Raanjhanaa before the official release of the album and many people had expressed excitement and awe for these two singles i.e. “Raanjhanaa Title Song” and “Tum Tak”. These two songs are full of life and energy but is that enough for a wide public appeal? Whilst there is absolutely no “right” or “wrong” formula for making songs there is also no factual answer to what appeals the most to the public. The listeners will decide whether a song is a hit not the artist. Song writing is an art and a craft, it requires patience but there are artists who don’t want to follow these rules and instead want what their heart desires. A.R. Rahman is one of the leading Indian artists who live without the fear of being unique. This uniqueness can be heard in “Ay Sakhi” but this quality comes with time and experience. A.R. Rahman has studied the foundations of music, developed his craft, perfected sound hence has achieved so many heights. There is no looking back for him as his ideas have gone from being great to even more greatness.

There is this quality in the songs of Raanjhana that make most listeners realise that this composer still composes from the heart he did twenty years ago and not from his wallet. “Aise Na Dekho” probably the best engineered track of the album provokes serious emotion, it has that strong connection that people like to hear in happy and sad times. “Nazar Laaye” also has quality! Imagine listening to the latter in the morning whilst having tea or coffee? Pure Bliss? It is songs like this that make listeners want to go out and spend their money on artists.

A.R. Rahman unlike other artists keeps a hush attitude about the songs of an album prior to a release. The quality of suspense and surprise is what kept Raanjhanaa on toes. Do your family and friends accept the music of Raanjhanaa and does that mean it’s a hit? Family and friends are mostly neutral, they have their own preference but if a song clicks with them then it’s due to the feel, vocal effect and instrumentation and not production. Which brings me to my next question, do Raanjhanaa songs fit well in Radio playlists. Though I have not heard it yet, I’m just waiting to hear the title song and more so “Piya Milenge” on radio as I feel the latter has high chances of being a Radio anthem for time. Many people can identify themselves with Sukhwinder Singh so definitely this will help. Youngsters can identify themselves the sound of “Tu Mun Shudi”, this song is a first of its kind i.e. “Sufi” poetry, modern electro and “Bhangra”. The lyricist, Irshad Kamil deserves laurels for trying to engage the youth with “Sufi” poetry.

Raanjhanaa is one of the most addictive albums I’ve ever heard and my ears can’t get enough of it. I just pray it connects with everyone as it did with me! With a great ensemble of singers and sound, I predict a good year for Raanjhanaa and all the best to our dearest Rahman Ji for the future!

Happy Listening!

Sunil Malhotra

source: http://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordp...aanjhanaa-ost/

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast