Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Come on HR, you got to do something...
    avarU One man Army, avOrda oru ootu 100 ottu ku samam
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

muthu maNi mAlai (PS briefly struggles but overall sounds great)
    - 5 (no new votes)

sAmi kitta solli (SJ, the top duet companion of our thread nAyak)
    - 5.5 (A_S new vote)

Come on HR, you got to do something...
    Dharmathin vaazhvu thanai soodhu kavviduthu......
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    naan unnum vote podala....

rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL - not impressed much on this... never a fan of this...

muthu maNi mAlai - Like this but my favourite is something else in this album... (0.5)

sAmi kitta solli - munnAdi ellam avvaLavA pudikkAthu... ippo pidichu.. (0.5)

IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a duet in CPN (SPB-SJ - starts 'mayilAdum') but not very familiar to me (may not be a hit song)...so, skip.
    Really surprised A_E that you have not heard this song...listen to the prelude, smooth string arrangement...as usual the celebrated pair does justice...one of my SPB/SJ combo favorite

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    The movie has the impeccable "aagayathaamarai" sung by raaja and s.janaki.
    I heard this song but did not know that was from NP...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok, raajarasign, I'll move 0.5 from MMM to SKS which increases its lead, advantage Plum

buggle, like I explained to jaiganes, it so happened that I didn't come across mayilAdum before. Main reason was me not living in TN those days.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,

I would have personally voted for 'adukku malli' but since it is not in contention, please put my vote for 'samikitta'.

And congrats for crossing 400. Wonderful effort. Given my current schedules, I struggle to catch up with the posts but do end up reading everything. It is just that I am unable to contribute much. Sorry about that.

Post Thanks / Like
    #356 பாதக்கொலுசு
    (திருமதி பழனிச்சாமி, 1992)

'pAdhakkolusu' from thirumathi PazhanichchAmy

Smooth, soothing SPB solo that is very similar to 'pachcha malappoovu' in the feel and gets just a little lower rating than that in my books. 3 sweet stanzas ornamented with lovely tablA arrangements and some interesting keyboard sound (or may be santoor / some traditional instrument) doing the response to singer's calls, effectively replacing the typical flute usage. For some reason, I strongly connect both this song & pachcha malappoovu to the Cbe-Pollachi area Unlike the pachamalappoovu, however, this song got my attention right at the time of arrival as my friend (who recorded the IR DD program on VHS) had this as his favourtie and it got played frequently at his home.

I feel bad that I found out this to be a R Sundarrajan movie only recently. In a criminal way, I've become like the next-gen who knows him only as a 'comedy + gunachchithra' actor I've seen a couple of blog posts and the comment responses to them this morning that "introduce" R S to this gen as an "once upon a time veLLi vizhA director" who supposedly had more cinema contribution than just his acting stunts

I shouldn't be surprised because such is the power of information overload that things are so quickly forgotten. Well, it's not just due to media assault but also thanks to human nature. I chanced upon a recent R S interview too during my search today where he laments about Vijayakanth not doing 'dhukka visAraNai' to him when his son got killed in an accident recently If vaidhEki kAthirundhAL hero ignores that movie's director, what else can one expect from pAvam public?

In any case, thirumathi P appears to be yet another big hit for R S, with Sathyaraj / Sukanya as lead pair and significant contribution by Goundamani.

A few more thuNukkoos related to R S :
    - He is in catering business now which is his original kudumbaththozhil
    - He is directing another movie after a long time, 'uyir ezhuththu', hero Ragava Lawrence, music Deva
    - vAgai sooda vA, the kaLavANi pugazh Sargunam movie that got NA last year had some similarity to Thirumathi P

There is another thing that I read this AM which cannot be dismissed as a thuNukku, however :

That the famous MR movie, 'alai pAyudhE', had the same original story as the R Sundarrajan's flop movie 'thoongAtha kaNNinRu onRu' (KVM music). The story was by R Selvaraj (friend of IR) and the story writer seems to have got credited by MR in his movie if one goes by this blog :
    http://www.cablesankaronline.com/2011/06/2.html

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, Sureshji!

So, more advantage to Plum

Post Thanks / Like
    Link to the recent R S interview where he talks about his catering biz :
    http://www.eegarai.net/t77762-topic

There're a couple other interesting thuNukkus there :

-vaidEki K was originally 'advance given' by AVM but they wanted Surya's dad as hero Since R S wanted a 'karuppu' hero, Panju ended up producing it

- R S was elected poruLALar for director's association but ended up quitting that job as he was unwilling to get corrupt
    Last edited by app_engine; 20th April 2012 at 09:44 PM.

Page 3 of 119 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast