Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    App: My choice for #366 is Samikitta Solla from AP. As compared to Mannan song (which's also my favourite) or CG song that got noticed because of the stars involved (RK, VK et al), this song IMHO became a hit only because of IR (along with the soothing voices of SPB & SJ) and for me, this is some thing very special about IR (motivation to compose outstanding songs (& BGMs) for all his movies and not just big starrers). There are countless examples for this and on the flip side, it has ensured that we have to be quite courageous to watch most of the videos for all these unforgettable songs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    App: Please don't exclude the two melodies from VP (Kalaivaniyo, Solaimalai) and the two unforgettable songs from EA (Thulli Thirinthathoru, Chinnan Chiru).
    DD aired IR program on 1991 deepavali day (in which clippings from Chinnavar movie song sung by NB were shown).

On the lighter note, missed songs list has suddenly grown (4 times in size for sure) very quick like a T20 innings
    So including the missed songs, we will probably touch 500.

Post Thanks / Like
    On NB topic, guess Param's favourite movie is SV
    Surprised to note that App didn't make a mention of this (NB in SV) while covering the three songs of that movie.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vagai nathi oram
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blasphemy alert: Mayilaadum from CPN is a boring song,and more importantly not a hit.

kOttaiyai vittu - Hugely underrated (all 3 versions). I mean they were hits alright the time it was released but was almost forgotten. And thanks to Sarkunam for using that song in kaLavaani

And app, congrats on yet another milestone. Great thread, great posts, great memories and nostalgic (even for a I am a young like me)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A_S View Post
    On NB topic, guess Param's favourite movie is SV
    watched this when I was kid, cant remember any scenes except "puthu cheri kathcheri " by SPB
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    App - It should actually be Mrs#2.Fruit-You God!!

Does the story of Valli has any sort connection to the mythological Valli's story? (I have never seen this movie)
    genesis sir,
    I didn't mean vaLLi (which is a 1993-er and was directed by Natraj).

This was a literal translation
    (Mrs = Thirumathi, Fruit-you = Pazhani & god = sAmy)

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Param & Nerd, for your kind words!

A_S,
    nanRi for keeping track I didn't quickly get some of your abbreviations but will possibly understand when I reach those movies. (I got who NB is, however )

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    New vote tally for #366 :

rAjAthi rAjA un thanthirangaL (I wrongly assumed it was SJ because my periyammA was singing it in kitchen so enthusiastically often, even thiraippAdal says so, but original sounds like Swarnalatha)
    - 2.5 (no new votes)

muthu maNi mAlai (PS briefly struggles but overall sounds great)
    - 5 (no new votes)

sAmi kitta solli (SJ, the top duet companion of our thread nAyak)
    - 5.5 (A_S new vote)

Come on HR, you got to do something...

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast