Page 13 of 119 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great post App and my most heard and favorite song that time more for Swarnalatha. Great information Murali sir on Prabhu movies. Yes Raj Kapoor has become an actor just like other directors of that time.I believe he was the director of some Karthik movies too, like Chinna jameen and Seemaan. Prabhu-Kushboo starrer movies were rage that time mainly because they made a wonderful pair and also because of their closeness. Prabhu is the only actor who does the same number of films then and now. A rare phenomenon!.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi Murali sir, for the details on Pandiththurai & the correction of the director's name!

nanRi V_Sji, for the kind words!

nanRi A2A & HR for the visit

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    I always wished they did not include the female dubbing artist comments in the song, it spoils the mood of song to extend.
    Yes, that was the annoying factor of the song !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    :.
    Vinatha akka

Is that your Garden in the attachment ??
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Three songs - #364, #365 & #366 are due today!

And with that this compilation exercise will complete one year

I'll work thru today to get kooNdukkuLLa, muthu maNi mAlai & sAmi kitta solli posted

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    I'll work thru today to get kooNdukkuLLa, muthu maNi mAlai & sAmi kitta solli posted
    These songs didn't go that well with me, cos PS sounded really matured in this song, she sounded more like SPB's mum rather than sis

Aanast Raaj,

Aaiye AaiyeE
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 30th April 2012 at 09:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #364 கூண்டுக்குள்ள என்ன வச்சு
    (சின்னக்கவுண்டர், 1992 , ஜானகியுடன்)

'kooNdukkuLLa enna vachchu' from chinnakkounder, with SJ

A middle aged woman used to make our childhood summer holidays at the grand parents' home in the hot Ramnad district so memorable, with her afternoon shouts : 'mAlappathani nongoo'! I have waited for that sound on a number of days and run with such a thrill to the compound gate to invite the lady and walk behind her. As she slowly gets her big koodai down from the head and settle down under the vEppa maram to relax a bit after walking in the hot sunlight, we'll be surrounding her in great expectation!

After she parts with those delicious goodies -collecting what I would say her meagre reward from grandmA for the hard work - we'll have such a great time enjoying the precious nongu that's on the tongue only for a very short moment and instantaneously slips into the throat just like that! I can recall the childish thrill of opening the nongu and getting that sweet few drops of liquid fall on the tongue -delishshious!

This song is like those few sweet drops and the nice iLam nongu on a hot summer! For some reason, the movie's title / posters all remind me of a hot summer and palm trees. (May be because Vijayakanth had an umbrella). I have never seen the movie and its release time period had nothing common with hot summer but the panai maram stuff somehow got embedded in my mind, for some inexplicable reason.

If anything, it should have been thennai maram - I think the movie setting has Pollachi, which is famous for thEngAi / iLani & not so much of panangAi which is more assoicated with mid / south TN. My then-dwelling-place, Palakkad, was also a coconut & watery place and had no relation with panai maram whatsoever. However, as we all know, the mind is such a complex thing and it can connect / combine entities without any relation in an unusual manner.

SPB & SJ are in good form here and rAsA too got totally charged up for this album, possibly with some nice story telling by RVU. (I'm not a big fan of 'kaNNu padappOguthayyA' but love his 'andha vAnaththppOla manam padaiththa' - what a song!).

Well, after we finish this 'kooNdukkuLLa' nongu at Virudhupatti (old name, I saw milestones there with that name, known to us as 'Virudhunagar'), let's go back to my village in Maduari district and have another sweet treat from the tall trees...

Post Thanks / Like
    App anna

Isn't Nongu the younger vesrion of Panam pazham ?

And this is Nongu right ?
    Last edited by PARAMASHIVAN; 30th April 2012 at 10:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Param,
    That picture shows 'panangAi' (or panam pazham).

nongu is the kernel inside it, when it's still tender (typically, there'll be three nongu's in one panangAi).

Check out this link:
    http://www.sangkavi.com/2011/04/blog-post_16.html

Last edited by app_engine; 1st May 2012 at 07:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks app anna, I remember eating it when i was about 6 or 7 , but forgotten how it looked like