Sureshji,
    Yes, you're spot on!

Murali sir,
    chummA oru viLaiyAttukkukkEttEn, kshamikkaNum

Plum & baroque,

groucho,
    With Prabhu & Ambika on screen, neenga pArkkAma irundhA thAn athisayam

Param,
    Please go back a couple of pages and read the comment by genesis ; also watch the youtube of 'kAlaiyil kEttadhu' posted by baroque

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Param,
    Please go back a couple of pages and read the comment by genesis ; also watch the youtube of 'kAlaiyil kEttadhu' posted by baroque
    oh athuva
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    #362 சின்னச்சின்ன தூறல் என்ன
    (செந்தமிழ்ப்பாட்டு, 1992 )

'chinnachinna thooRal enna' from senthamizhppAttu

SPB excels in this song, singing in his "conforming to rAsA specs" style. The melody, however, is neither like rAjA's nor MSV's It's styled around those smaller composers, like V Kumar, and has the strong 70's smell again. There's rAsA style orchestration that makes one feel this as an IR song but stripped of that, it sounds to me like 'madhanORchavam' 'samsAram enbadhu veeNai' 'mariA my dArling' 'azhagOviyam mOnAlisA' 'oru jeevan thAn' kind of a song, not typical of IR or MSV. Once again, these two genius composers cannot be easily contained in definitions but the statement is more linked to my mental expectations.

Despite my liking for SPB, I haven't developed a great taste for his songs outside the MSV-IR-TR domain. There're exceptions without question (my all-time-SPB-favs include unnai nAn pArthadhu, samsAram enbadhu veeNai, ivaL dEvadhai for e.g.) but I'm generally not a big fan of that genre of songs. So, chinnachchinna fails to excite me and does not make me listen to this again and again. Also, I'm not enthusiastic about searching out the youtube (for obvious reasons ).

I'm sure the song was a hit as I've heard it involuntarily many times. That way, it sure deserves a place in this compilation. Just that it's an unexciting hit.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    . Also, I'm not enthusiastic about searching out the youtube (for obvious reasons ).
    ithula Suganya aunty illa , Kasthoori aunty
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    That song ended senthamizhppAttu.

Like I said, 364 & 365 will be from HR's favourite. That gives a slot for a "one song" movie from this year. May be another Prabhu movie tomorrow also (Pandiththurai)...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    #362 சின்னச்சின்ன தூறல் என்ன
    (செந்தமிழ்ப்பாட்டு, 1992 )

I'm generally not a big fan of that genre of songs. So, chinnachchinna fails to excite me and does not make me listen to this again and again. Also, I'm not enthusiastic about searching out the youtube (for obvious reasons ).

I'm sure the song was a hit as I've heard it involuntarily many times. That way, it sure deserves a place in this compilation. Just that it's an unexciting hit.
    I am not surprised... you did not like Andharangam yavume from Anyiram Nilave Vaa. I guess that one also falls in the same genre?! (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...l=1#post721231).

This song remains most favorite from this album... I always wished they did not include the female dubbing artist comments in the song, it spoils the mood of song to extend. This song also has decent lyrics which was becoming rare during this period in IR songs (hate the penpura thambura in the other song). The video of this song is also not that bad.... here you go:

நஞ்சை மண்ணும், புஞ்சை மண்ணும், நீயும் வந்தால் பொன்னாய் மின்னும்!
    உனது பெருமை உலகம் அறியும்,
    இடியெனும் இசை முழங்கிட வரும், மழையெனும் மகளே,!

Last edited by genesis; 26th April 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Forever favorite Rain song, App_eng.

Yesterday evening, It was raining in San jose!

I prepared Spicy and hearty Channa masala-Chole for dinner, enjoyed some compositions.

My JADHI MALLI chedi, full of flowers, aroma is amazing! delightful mood yesterday evening, App_eng!

8130542.jpg

இந்த பாட்டு இந்த environment லே கேட்டு பாருங்க! LOVE IT!

Rain songs are IMMORTAL in our films, One of my favorite activity during Monsoon days are listening to film songs while doing home work or reading novels calmly sitting our veettu thinnai!

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 27th April 2012 at 01:58 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vinatha,
    Very nice description of the song, absolutely!. Yes, Beautiful and apt song for monsoon days!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of those must-happen days...
    -Decide to work from home
    -Take a break to leave kids in pre-school, wife in mall(shouldnt be a frequent thing though!)
    -Quick stopover for lunch with spouse
    -review spouse's clothes/toys/books purchases
    -Get back home, work
    -Make a home made frappuccino, while sipping it, visit tfmpage and read App_Engine's series with music on.

Perfect day, App Sir, thank you

Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast