Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Another interesting landmark for this thread - it's nearing 4000 posts! (We're in the 400th page!)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great going App! No words to describe your dedication. Very interesting reads, everyone. 1992 is a very special year for indian music. It is not a mean achievement at all crossing 1 year and having so much views and replies touching 400 pages. One of the best thread in our hub. Thank you sirji!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to A_E we can now show yet another proof of quantity without losing quality of Raaja.
    One full year of awesome songs!!!
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi V_Sji & jaiganes, for your kind words!

Tomorrow's song will be from a R Sundarrajan movie that I've not seen (and that I didn't know it was his until recently )...

...Mrs.Fruit-you-god...

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App - It should actually be Mrs#2.Fruit-You God!!

Does the story of Valli has any sort connection to the mythological Valli's story? (I have never seen this movie)

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    #355 வனமெல்லாம் செண்பகப்பூ
    (நாடோடிப்பாட்டுக்காரன், 1992)

vanamellAm sheNbagappoo from nAdOdippAttukkAran

Quite an interesting song, with an unusual kind of rhythm arrangement for the pallavi - something that sounds like "reverse gear" and not often heard in IR songs IMO. Catchy melody and possibly provided some "mass screen presence" thingy for Karthik those days. However, the movie's name makes it obscure - with too many movies having pAttukkAran suffix those days (as also nAdOdi prefix). I don't have any idea about the movie at all!

The song is strongly etched in memory, however Once again, I can't place a specific time period as to when I actually heard this song While there's no question that I've listened to it only on PA systems (and not on a personal audio / radio), it's got to be around the time of its arrival - during my many trips to Cbe & rest of TN in the early 90's. Other hubbers may be able to chip-in more details about the movie /songs.

In addition, I don't have much familiarity with other songs of this album at all!
    My favourite!! as you mentioned, don't have any idea about the other songs.. rhythm is very good to listen in this song.. the lyrics end with 'pU' in each line is another interesting part in this song,...
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post
    My favourite!! as you mentioned, don't have any idea about the other songs.. rhythm is very good to listen in this song.. the lyrics end with 'pU' in each line is another interesting part in this song,...
    The movie has the impeccable "aagayathaamarai" sung by raaja and s.janaki.
    Other unimpressive song includes keerthanai form of vanamellam.
    This movie was one more raaja chellam and ex villain sangili murugan production.
    Movie was directed by cinematographer n.k.viswanadhan.who recently directed jaganmohini.
    One also remembers this song by the oddest ways to play musical instruments by Charlie and co.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Rickshaw mama is one of the umpteen sathyaraj-gounder combo movies of 90s forever immortalized by aNNan's genius.
    Got to watch it then, seen it before cant remember anything, time for a revist!
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Another interesting landmark for this thread - it's nearing 4000 posts! (We're in the 400th page!)
    All because of your dedication and hard work!!! When I started this thread I never thought of it reaching 400, it was stuck on 10 odd pages, it was just me and baroque (vinatha) who frequently posted, but with your additon you took this to thread another level
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    One of the best thread in our hub. Thank you sirji!
    Yes One of my "Main" reason for hubbing ! Apart from the Indian history and culture section

Page 1 of 119 1231151101 ... LastLast