Page 54 of 119 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of many films where Sujatha plays estranged mother of Rajini, I like the song too, mainly because of the singing. The sequence is one of the more sober moments in this rather silly movie because of both of their acting.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber Nerd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_Sji,

Eventhough I am not a fan of uzhaippaaLi songs / got reminded of all the songs thanks to this thread - ammA ammA enthan aaruyirE has been the song on my lips for the past few days. And I still haven't listened to it even once. Now that V_Sji has made this excellent post, listening to this song will be a completely new experience.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post, V_Sji!

Your long posts are absolutely enjoyable and most welcome, never feel sorry about them!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Nerd and App. Highly impacting song for me, passes through my nerves.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S wonderful experience to enjoy the composition with your post.

postlude violin drags me back to the composition several times.

Ilayaraja and S.P.B

Friday morning prayer over for me.... IR with S.P.B paadal kettachu to conduct the day!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App - Any plans to cover Vaaliban songs? There was few years gap between Bobbili Raja release in Telugu and Vaaliban in Tamil. I had the Telugu songs in a cassette for few years before it was released in Tamil. One of the best original Telugu IR album.

http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?AL...R00703&lang=en

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    Friday morning prayer over for me.... IR with S.P.B paadal kettachu to conduct the day!
    What a way to put it!

Post Thanks / Like
    #391 சோலை மலை ஓரம்
    (வில்லுப்பாட்டுக்காரன், 1993, ஜானகியுடன்)

'sOlai malai Oram' from villuppAttukkAran, with SJ

I presume this is another movie where Ramarajan got featured as a "-kkAran" (starting from the famous 'enga ooru pAttukkAran' that had the sweet 'sheNbagamE' and thrilling 'madhura marikkozhundhu' & later the terrific karagam). Obviously, villuppAttu is not the same as regular pAttu - it's essentially a form of kadhAi sollal in folk style, with paraparappAna musical portions thrown-in from time to time in course of the program. It would have been interesting to see Ramarajan doing that

thiraippAdal also catalogs GA as the director. No wonder this SPB-SJ beauty happened With a musically knowledgeable guy in the director's seat, with a decent ear to pick and choose good melodies, such songs are natural to come by. A beautiful melody sung by the top pair, with ear-friendly orchestration that can soothe one's body & mind. A song totally inside my personal zone of preference!

The movie possibly didn't make the impact like earlier mAttukkAran-pAttukkAran-AttakkAran movies and I don't know whether any more of such movies were made with the IR-GA-RR combo. If there were some more, we'll get them as we scan through the rest of the IR albums of 90's I'm not familiar with the other SPB song in this album, 'kalai vANiyO' and will have to skip...the song sounds very sweet, however, with folk drums / flute and such delightful combo plus SPB's voice!
    Last edited by app_engine; 25th May 2012 at 11:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    App - Any plans to cover Vaaliban songs?
    onnu kooda idhukku munnAdi kEttadhillai sArE

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    onnu kooda idhukku munnAdi kEttadhillai sArE
    What?!! I never thought I will be able to stump you like this on IR. At least for this one day, I am a greater IR fan than you!!

Ayyo-Ayyo and Kanyakumari songs are huge hits in AP along with the movie. Suresh/Plum - Please confirm.