Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB - Part 2

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App anna

I have had this question in my mind for a long time! "Why did IR Completley stop using SPB after 2000" ???
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    App anna

I have had this question in my mind for a long time! "Why did IR Completley stop using SPB after 2000" ???
    Recent "srirAmarAjyam" in Telugu, which is a huge hit album, has all SPB
    dhOni'la kooda avar pAdi irukkAr.

We've also seen IR-SPB whole hearted stage-sharing on two Jaya TV concerts in the new millennium

avvaLavu dhAN sAr enakkuththeriyum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    dhOni'la kooda avar pAdi irukkAr.
    Oh apadiya paata keatu parkanum
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    #370 அடுக்கு மல்லி எடுத்து வந்து தொடுத்து வச்சேன் மாலை
    (ஆவாரம்பூ, 1992, ஜானகியுடன்)

'adukku malli eduththu vandhu' from AvArampoo, with SJ

Very sweet SPB-SJ duet with all typical rAsA elements that make the listening so pleasant and soothing! Tabla rhythm + flute & strings izhaivu to a delicious folk melody makes this song a lovely package. Both singers are in their usual elements and complement each other brilliantly to make the song a nice experience.

Like I mentioned before in the post on sAmi kitta solli, my connection with the songs & album are quite limited but it should have had significant impact both in TN & Kerala at the time of arrival, going by the remembrance of musically inclined people in both states a decade after the release of the movie.

Bharathan, who himself MD-ed a few of his movies, seems to have worked with some of the best musical talents from the south, if one goes by his wiki . It has listed almost all star MDs of MF - Devarajan Master, MBS, Ravindran, MSV, Johnson, MG Radhakrishnan, Shyam, Ousappachen, Jerry Amaldev & Bombay Ravi, besides our IR !

I'm not instantly familiar with songs of many movies listed but if one goes by Vaishali songs that I'm in love with (MD -Bombay Ravi), unquestionably a director with wonderful musical taste! It lists a MF with IR also - manjeeradhwani...I'm curious to listen to that album and compare / contrast that score to the two TF albums from this combo...

Bharathan's colloboration with script writers too looks quite impressive - Padmarajan, Logitadas, MT...unfortunately, I have missed all except vaishAli. A number of the listed movies are considered timeless classics and it may be worthwhile to hunt for the DVDs and watch them when kids are not around (may be after retirement )!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    intha paatOda video version pathutEla
    illeenga...after watching the youtube of 'sAmi kitta solli', not much interest to search for it anyways

Post Thanks / Like
    Started looking for the next song for tomorrow...

'oru pAttAlE solli azhaichchEn' - nice song from deiva vAkku - but never heard before, skip

Post Thanks / Like
    Other skips from the year 1992:

- chinnanchiru annakkiLi (enRum anbudan)
    - all SPB songs of innisai mazhai (never heard before, most sound very nice however)
    - all SPB songs of kAval geetham ( ditto, 'sokkanukku vAchcha' is awesome )
    - two SPB songs of kOvil kALai (ditto)
    - I've already mentioned about unfamiliarity of magudam songs
    - pArthadhenna pArvai ennai vAttudhE (nAngaL)
    - pudhukkAvEri (puthiya swarnangaL - ippadi oru padamA, or is the name puthiya swarangaL?)
    - two songs of rAsukkutty (surprised that even a KBR movie escaped my radar)

So, the song tomorrow has to be from 'unnai nenachchEn pAttu padichchEn'...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    OTOH, it's a fact that IR, such a phenomenal / powerful musician, had generally been observed to be shy of entering into that territory - even when a movie with the title 'mannan' got made
    this and
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine
    Neither do I question rAsA's capability to compose for ANY kind of situation (political included)
    this

App sir,
    KOvama'laam illenga. NeengaLA imagine panni Raja'va paththi oru post pOdreenga. NeengaLE answer'um thareenga (your last post). If I answer sincerely, you are saying, I didn't mean to compare MGR/Rajini 1-to-1 and also saying and I don't question Raaja's talent too to compose for any kind of situation (Please see the above quotes). If you say so, ideally your first post and subsequent posts are contradictions to your last post. You are also saying you are using gumthalakadi just as a lauch pad for this discussion. From this (so-called-discussion), I get that ultimately all this is for fun? Idhukku pErthaan pOttu Vaangarthu . I will make sure I don't cross any roads in all these discussions herafter. Anyway let's get back to SPB-IR songs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.... so much to read & alot of catching up to do from most IR threads.

Great going App Sir!!

scintillating 90's!! Raaja Raajyam todarattum !

Page 22 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast